Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie VAPORUM - Steampunk Dungeon Crawler

Unwanted

Obama Phone

Unwanted
Legend of Grimrock III?

Wish you had looked to a better first-person dungeon crawler for inspiration, like Arx Fatalis.

Uh.. I guess the setting is nice for a dungeon crawl, but having real time + single character focus means it will probably be even more boring than Grimrock's combat...

And combat was Grimrock's weakest point, too.

Legend of Grimrock I is boring as hell, I agree. I was really excited to try it out, but the stupid mobs (snails, c'mon! LOL) ruined it for me. The PG-rated content should have been bumped up to "M," walls plastered with blood, entrails dangling from meat hooks, monsters exploding into piles of guts, etc. I hear the sequel is much better, but honestly, I've had more fun playing stupid web flash dungeon crawlers like Monster's Den.

Last edited by a moderator:

Comte

It's nice to see that they are adding some RPG elements to Bioshock 4 :troll:

vorvek

Augur
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Legend of Grimrock III?

Wish you had looked to a better first-person dungeon crawler for inspiration, like Arx Fatalis.

Uh.. I guess the setting is nice for a dungeon crawl, but having real time + single character focus means it will probably be even more boring than Grimrock's combat...

And combat was Grimrock's weakest point, too.

Legend of Grimrock I is boring as hell, I agree. I was really excited to try it out, but the stupid mobs (snails, c'mon! LOL) ruined it for me. The PG-rated content should have been bumped up to "M," walls plastered with blood, entrails dangling from meat hooks, monsters exploding into piles of guts, etc. I hear the sequel is much better, but honestly, I've had more fun playing stupid web flash dungeon crawlers like Monster's Den.

My eyes got cut reading this post. Should have warned about those edges.

OndrejSc

Full Auto
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
http://www.vaporum-game.com/2015/11/25/weve-got-a-badass-over-here/

We’ve Got a Badass Over Here!
Nov 25 2015

Hi!

Sorry to be quiet for so long. We’ve decided to post only about highlights or milestones rather than churning out insignificant posts often. Saved time will always come in handy! Nevertheless, we’ve been working hard on various game systems, levels, and some goodies too.

One of which is the Flamer Guardian. This badass giant of a man has few weaknesses, but a lot of firepower. As with most of our enemies, you will need to devise a tactic to beat him rather than just banging at his thick armor head on.

The Guardian is based on the concept art by Roman Mindek, who is currently working full-time on Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Check his portfolio here!

The big guy is modelled, rigged & animated by our in-house character artist Lukas Chrapek (who is also a big guy
1f609.png
). Lukas is in charge of the technical side of graphics, besides his bread-and-butter work of character-modelling, rigging, and animating. He previously worked on various projects as a freelancer. Before joining the Vaporum team, he worked at Keen Software House as full-time lead artist on Space Engineers and Medieval Engineers. You can check out his portfolio here.

We have moved to PBR workflow in our project, and Lukas made a damn good use of it on the Guardian. Take a look at the Flamer Guardian in all his glory in Marmoset Viewer here.

Posted by Zajoman at 5:02 PM Tagged with: enemy, marmoset viewer

Reapa

Doom Preacher
http://www.vaporum-game.com/2015/11/25/weve-got-a-badass-over-here/

We’ve Got a Badass Over Here!
Nov 25 2015

Hi!

Sorry to be quiet for so long. We’ve decided to post only about highlights or milestones rather than churning out insignificant posts often. Saved time will always come in handy! Nevertheless, we’ve been working hard on various game systems, levels, and some goodies too.

One of which is the Flamer Guardian. This badass giant of a man has few weaknesses, but a lot of firepower. As with most of our enemies, you will need to devise a tactic to beat him rather than just banging at his thick armor head on.

The Guardian is based on the concept art by Roman Mindek, who is currently working full-time on Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Check his portfolio here!

The big guy is modelled, rigged & animated by our in-house character artist Lukas Chrapek (who is also a big guy
1f609.png
). Lukas is in charge of the technical side of graphics, besides his bread-and-butter work of character-modelling, rigging, and animating. He previously worked on various projects as a freelancer. Before joining the Vaporum team, he worked at Keen Software House as full-time lead artist on Space Engineers and Medieval Engineers. You can check out his portfolio here.

We have moved to PBR workflow in our project, and Lukas made a damn good use of it on the Guardian. Take a look at the Flamer Guardian in all his glory in Marmoset Viewer here.

Posted by Zajoman at 5:02 PM Tagged with: enemy, marmoset viewer
go fuck yourselves!

Last edited by a moderator:

Doktor Best

Arcane
Dont mind Reapa. He visited the "special kindergarten", and probably still is.

Im still telling you guys you need to make some changes to your game. Either you lose the grid based movement and go for some Arx Fatalis/System Shock type of game, or you go for TB combat. Dancing simulator is indeed swarmed big time currently and you will drown in competition.

Seriously - look at the RT dungeon crawlers just on the first page of this forum. I feel like everyone is either going for RT blobbers or crappy isometric games.

Not enough are focusing on creating a solid foundation of a good system and building on it. And the ones that are have a huge following on here. This will just be another POS that will be forgotten two minutes after its released.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I actually thought "Vaporum" was a typical Codexian way of saying the game is vapourware when I saw the topic title

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Arcanum dungeon crawler could have been nice, but real time? Meh.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Looks good, I will play this. I prefer TB combat but I like grid-based movement (even with RT combat) ; if the puzzles are good then the game will be good anyway, even with mediocre combat.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Why specially shit? There are not the best and never were but they're better than Dragon Age/Witcher kind of games.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
There is no turn based games for dungs crawlers and other games because you need idea/concept/plan to use turns decently. And a lot of mathematics to imagine how players can spend points on different difficulty settings for different classes on different dungeon levels with varied equipment.
With RTwP you just let them dance.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
I am not defending RT combat, but if combat's shit anyway I prefer that they focus on building some interesting interactive environnement than on creating an emotional story, quests, characters...

Now don't quote this :):
All major story points are told by the main characters and they are fully voiced!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom