Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for Wii U and Switch

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Zelda Breasts of the Wild coming to PC Master Race fully playable on 2 of April.

That was really fast. In 2 days they managed to boot the game. In 2 weeks they solve the what was keeping it unplayable (runes, physics, grass, water). There are still some softlocks (though not with the same intensity). I was expecting this much progress only to achieved in 1 month at best (20k a month must really then).
The framrate is sigthly imporved but with the cheat engine and shader chaches it poses no problem.
The only thing that might not be fixed are the cutscenes and graphical glitches for AMD users.

Ivan

Arcane
not watching due to spoilers but some thoughts after 2 days of binge playing:
-the game looks gorgeous in a way Ico did, at the cost of performance
-combat encounters really accentuate player ingenuity. for example, I did the Elephant temple first w/3 hearts and the boss kicked my ass since I invested in Stamina over Health and I felt I totally beat it MY WAY. I felt retarded b/c I thought I was missing "the right way" of countering his attacks.
-I love love love that some shrines are hidden and the cool puzzles that go into unearthing them
-paragliding is awesome, I almost never shield surf since it just doesn't give me the same thrill

Question: regarding the koku hidden guys, I've noticed that some of them trigger target circles that are in the air, some that seem unreachable even with the glider. as if im missing some power up that propels me higher...any hints?

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Question: regarding the koku hidden guys, I've noticed that some of them trigger target circles that are in the air, some that seem unreachable even with the glider. as if im missing some power up that propels me higher...any hints?

Yes. Spoilers obviously.

Gerrard

Arcane
Zelda Breasts of the Wild coming to PC Master Race fully playable on 2 of April.

That was really fast. In 2 days they managed to boot the game. In 2 weeks they solve the what was keeping it unplayable (runes, physics, grass, water). There are still some softlocks (though not with the same intensity). I was expecting this much progress only to achieved in 1 month at best (20k a month must really then).
The framrate is sigthly imporved but with the cheat engine and shader chaches it poses no problem.
The only thing that might not be fixed are the cutscenes and graphical glitches for AMD users.

Gonna need a Zelda version
QzYBwqn.png

Max Stats

Liturgist
Amiibos are absolutely not needed for anyone concerned. Lots of the armor/weapons are just reskins and require Star Fragments to upgrade.

I've found like... 3 Star Fragments in my 80+ hours of playing. All three used for Ancient Armor. Ancient Armor is really the only set worth using them for.

You need amiibos to use Epona (instead of random horses) or Wolf Link. Now you may say those are "not needed" and you wouldn't strictly be wrong, but they're still nice to have, and locked to amiibos or hacking (either fake NFC's spoofing amiibos or a trainer for a hacked wii U).

Not sure which Korok you're talking about specifically, but there are usually a few different ways to get some of them. I'll throw this in spoiler tags, since I stayed mostly offline when I was playing, but the following isn't really a storyline spoiler. Just a few useful item interactions that might help:

Starting a grass fire can cause an updraft, which you can then use to carry your glider a bit higher. I would sometimes start a campfire near the base of the Korok pedestal, throw a few spicy peppers or other flammable items on top of the fire, and ride the updraft to the goal.

There's also the tried and true method of speed potions, or endurance potions to allow you to sprint for longer. I spent a not insignificant amount of time farming Hot Foot Frogs to make speed potions throughout the game. Funny you should bring up Gothic, because once my inventory was full of speed potions and I had a huge amount of endurance it felt a lot like when I finally got haste potions in Gothic 2.

You need amiibos to use Epona (instead of random horses) or Wolf Link. Now you may say those are "not needed" and you wouldn't strictly be wrong, but they're still nice to have, and locked to amiibos or hacking (either fake NFC's spoofing amiibos or a trainer for a hacked wii U).

My Epona is forever lost since I decided to try use the amiibo rune for the first time while being stranded on a deserted island :lol:

For me personally, I dont have much interest in the rewards outside of the a few of the costumes. Getting a free max stats horse kind of takes the fun out of catching one yourself, IMO, and I never felt the game was hard enough to justify using something like Wolf Link. I actually wanted more of a challenge, and for lack of modding, started imposing rules on myself like 'no eating mid-combat' or 'no fairies'. It's pretty much impossible to die if you spend enough time bombing and cooking woodland creatures, but the game becomes a lot more fun when you allow it to pose at least a minor threat.

Last edited:

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I didn't use Epona until 140 hours into the game. One of the black horses I found was about as good...it had a white mane. I am eager to see what the DLC will add now because Hard Mode can either be really cool or lame as fuck.

DragoFireheart

I didn't use Epona until 140 hours into the game. One of the black horses I found was about as good...it had a white mane. I am eager to see what the DLC will add now because Hard Mode can either be really cool or lame as fuck.

You can get horses that are better than Epona.

There are also some horses that look similar to Epona, allowing you a janky evil clone version if you desire.

DragoFireheart

This game

fuck man

This game has turned rocks into a Trigger for me. Who would have thought that rocks could be so exciting?

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Consoles usually have more than one game. If you can't find more than one game to buy for a console you need to find a new hobby.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane

It's funny because a critic I wrote a couple of weeks back have three of the points that he present here as bad points:

- Short big dungeons (They're designed very well, but they don't last enough for me)
- Lack of variety in the visuals of dungeons and shrines
- And lack of new enemies

And I still thinking that the game's still being one of the best games I ever played. It's all about how do you rate the things and how do you contrast the good and bad points. And the bad points of the game are completely jokes compared to the good ones. Every videogame has flaws and nobody should be mad about them. Having flaws doesn't make a game worse per se. Mindlessly praising things as perfect ones helps in making worse games.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Pay attention to the sages at the end of the first four shrines in BotW, their hands are forming the Triforce

C7jHviDX0AEUJJ2.jpg:small
C7jHwhhXwAYttZU.jpg:small
C7jHxVqXQAEOnsI.jpg:small
C7jHyDCWkAAZ2A_.jpg:small

If you translate the Sheikah text in Breath of the Wild, the album captions will tell you exactly where the Memory Photos were taken

C6vwV1DW0AErEmi.jpg:small

GWtYRg1.jpg

X9j0CMJ.jpg

DragoFireheart

holy shit

the whining

fucking casuals

So many people whining about this games durability system

OMG MY WEAPON BROKE wah wah wah i want the 1337 Sword of truth to last forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111

hahahahahaha you fucking retards.

By the time I reached the end game for BotW I was overflowing with good weapons. Why?

1. As you explore it becomes easier to find static locations for good weapons (Hyrule Castle moat = haxxor mode) and stronger enemies drop... stronger weapons.

2. Late game armor sets. Specifically, Barbarian Armor and Ancient Armor. Barbarian armor gives you a full 50% damage bonus which is usually only achievable with food. Ancient Armor boosts (with 2 star set bonus) old laser weapons by 80 fucking percent! And that stacks with food! Ancient Armor makes fighting Guardians a joke as well. Short of getting Silver Lynel weapons Guardian/Ancient weapons + Ancient Armor is the best setup. Barbarian Armor for everything else. More damage = faster dead enemies = less wear and tear on weapons = fuck I have to drop this good weapon for a greater weapon dilemma.

3. Master Sword. It can "break", but it repairs itself in 10 minutes. This means that normal gameplay results in... always have a 30 power sword. Which lets you conserve stronger weapons.

Oh, and it deals 60 damage when in dungeons and near evil Guardians possessed by Ganon. And it also gains insane durability.

People bitching about the durability system are bad at video games.

I didn't find the guy who increases your inventory slots well into like 30+ hours into the game? I still didn't find durability to be that big an issue, other than the fact I couldn't keep stuff like a Korok Leaf or torch on-hand at all times.

Frankly, I actually kind of like the durability system and was considering doing a run without the Master Sword at all. It's really the only way they could give the player incentive to regularly scavenge equipment. I hardly ever picked up secondary weapons in Wind Waker, there was no reason to.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
holy shit

the whining

fucking casuals

OMG MY WEAPON BROKE wah wah wah i want the 1337 Sword of truth to last forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111

By the time I reached the end game for BotW I was overflowing with good weapons. Why?

1. As you explore it becomes easier to find static locations for good weapons (Hyrule Castle moat = haxxor mode) and stronger enemies drop... stronger weapons.

2. Late game armor sets. Specifically, Barbarian Armor and Ancient Armor. Barbarian armor gives you a full 50% damage bonus which is usually only achievable with food. Ancient Armor boosts (with 2 star set bonus) old laser weapons by 80 fucking percent! And that stacks with food! Ancient Armor makes fighting Guardians a joke as well. Short of getting Silver Lynel weapons Guardian/Ancient weapons + Ancient Armor is the best setup. Barbarian Armor for everything else. More damage = faster dead enemies = less wear and tear on weapons = fuck I have to drop this good weapon for a greater weapon dilemma.

3. Master Sword. It can "break", but it repairs itself in 10 minutes. This means that normal gameplay results in... always have a 30 power sword. Which lets you conserve stronger weapons.

Oh, and it deals 60 damage when in dungeons and near evil Guardians possessed by Ganon. And it also gains insane durability.

All this without considering that you can use the kolog seeds to improve your weapons slots since very early in the game. Which is something that I never did in my first playthrough, and even so I never experienced any lack of weapons.

I swear I would pay for a Streamt/TV program where current players are forced to play Fallout. I would expect people crying about not finding the water chip or claiming that the game has artifficial difficulty due the time limit.

Ivan

Arcane
Just finished the main quest and there are still some things I'm curious about:

-the open world is very well done. adventure awaits over every hill and every motherfucking mountain/hill
-combat is very playful. I loved being able to throw melee weapons at enemies. in fact that's how I desperately beat one of the main bosses
-the game is pretty damn gorgeous. reminded me a lot of Shadow of the Colossus/Ico
-Shrine Quests are my favorite thing in this game. they're essentially riddles peppered throughout the open world that are crazy fun to solve ("cast a cold shadow" "shoot at the sun from a tower's shadow" etc)
-cons: some scripted cutscenes aren't skippable (distillation scenes, upgrading armor, upgrading inventory, and the fucking memory unlock thing where Link goes "HUUUUUH MAYBE IF I LOOK AT PHOTO I CAN TRIGGER SUMTING"
-best Zelda ever made. I'm hopeful for the next iteration! I'm hoping for another "cursed enemy" scenario a la Majora's Mask

Queries:
-I tried riding the yellow dragon. did not go well :P
-what's up with Zelda's Goddess Shrine Quest? too vague of a hint IMO
-I'm missing just one more memory, the one with the horse statue. I'd appreciate a subtle hint.

anyone else finished the main quest and have any lingering questions?

hemtae

Savant
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Queries:
-I tried riding the yellow dragon. did not go well :P
-what's up with Zelda's Goddess Shrine Quest? too vague of a hint IMO
-I'm missing just one more memory, the one with the horse statue. I'd appreciate a subtle hint.

anyone else finished the main quest and have any lingering questions?

-As far as I know you can't ride any of the dragons
-If you mean the Fountain of Wisdom/Courage/Power quests
you have to shoot a dragon on their body with an arrow and they will drop a scale that you can place in the fountain
-A quest in the outskirts stable will lead you to that general area

Ivan

Arcane
You know what I would really dig? A small zone DLC that's all about survival. The size of the tutorial plateu that features all of the weather effects. something similar to that DLC for Metro Last Light (the STALKERish one).

found a funny glitch: before the main gate to Hyrule Castle there's a fountain area with 2 big bots. one of them by the entrance awoke, and went through the floor as it charged its beam

Last edited:

Declinator

Arbiter
holy shit

the whining

fucking casuals

The people complaining about the weapons breaking aren't necessarily saying that they cannot beat the game / it's too difficult because the weapons break.

Now I haven't played the game so I don't know how annoying it is but certainly in most action games I stick with one weapon for almost the entire game and if the weapons have different movesets then I can definitely understand the complaints. If it's just that you'll do a bit less damage now that your number one weapon broke then it's not too big of an issue.

I don't see the point of the weapons breaking though besides forcing the player to try out different weapons. Just because you can mitigate the problem (i.e. have a bunch of weapons in your inventory) doesn't mean the problem does not exist.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom