Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

~

• Thread starter Deleted member 11480
  • Start date

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
I've always respected this guy.Granted, he was crazier than 10 cats in a garbage bag, but it's telling that you need several groups you control made up of your men, each fighting him in turn, an army, a trap helped by one of his men betraying him to just wound him terribly, and after all that he's still not only standing but fights you in a duel, which you barely win, in which he can two-shot you.
hCwjw0C.jpg

Jokzore

Arbiter
Shodans little sister
400px-GLaDOS_P2.png

If we're talking about pure badassery though
that_red_pyramid_thing_by_missph.jpg
Personally I never understood the Lich King hype , its like a really lame knock off of Sauron , the Scourge had way better villains than him
16014-7072320817-kel_t.jpg

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Would definitely qualify if not for his personality. I mean, he caused an actual apocalypse, created a cult to worship him as a god, and caused a literal genocide. And he had one of the most epic boss fights of all time. Nobody else in this thread comes close to that shit.

But he also threw tantrums like a small child and whined about sand in his boots.

Beastro

Arcane
Would definitely qualify if not for his personality. I mean, he caused an actual apocalypse, created a cult to worship him as a god, and caused a literal genocide. And he had one of the most epic boss fights of all time. Nobody else in this thread comes close to that shit.

But he also threw tantrums like a small child and whined about sand in his boots.

I'd prefer to say he was so badass he felt comfortable doing those things~ :smug:

Whatever you think of FFIII and JRPGS in general, Kefka isn't a tryhard villian. You also saw his descent into madness further as the game went along and it developed more and more as the plot went on.

He was a awesome mix of wickedness and cruelty with a bit of reflection and honest cowardice that made him "human" despite being constantly over the top.

Damned Registrations

I'm gonna go with this guy:
Kflswnp.png

Who, in order to avenge his commoner sister, brought about the destruction of the two most powerful factions in the kingdom, and then became king after having seduced a princess he kidnapped himself. When she later realized she was nothing more than his puppet to gain the throne, she stabs him on her birthday while he's giving her flowers. He takes the knife and stabs her back, killing her, and continuing his long and peaceful reign. He also somehow managed to become a fucking holy swordsman along the way in what I must assume is a shockingly brief period of time compared to everyone else that pulled that off.

Suck it other villains, this one won.

Last edited:

Beastro

Arcane
I'm gonna go with this guy:
Kflswnp.png

Who, in order to avenge his commoner sister, brought about the destruction of the two most powerful factions in the kingdom, and then became king after having seduced a princess he kidnapped himself. When she later realized she was nothing more than his puppet to gain the throne, she stabs him on her birthday while he's giving her flowers. He takes the knife and stabs her back, killing her, and continuing his long and peaceful reign. He also somehow managed to become a fucking holy swordsman along the way in what I must assume is a shockingly brief period of time compared to everyone else that pulled that off.

Suck it other villains, this one won.

That assumes you think he's a villain. Even in the game he's barely an antagonist.

Severian Silk

Sounds like roqua.

Damned Registrations

You don't think he's a villain? He betrayed everyone to become king. There's basically nothing good about him. He sought power solely for revenge and greed. The only person who really knew him died trying to kill him.

He kills her too, once he's ready to betray the church. If that's not a villain I don't know what is.

Repressed Homosexual

A truly badass villain is like a threatening shadow, ever-present and constantly looming over the player. In so many games the big bad is only encountered at the beginning and the end. Their aura rapidly dissipates with each passing minute when they should be dominating your thoughts - specifically what they're going to do to your character/s if they catch you.

SHODAN is the perfect villain. She likes to talk, likes to taunt, likes to grind down your resolve. She won't let you forget even for a moment that she's there, that this is her world and you're just living in it. Hoping the end will be quick is optimistic to say the least, as its likely she has far more unpleasant fates in store. Perhaps she'll transform you into a bio-mechanical monstrosity, or make a digital copy of your mind and force it to inhabit NeoGAF for eternity.

I didn't like her at all, I found her cheesy and overdone.

Repressed Homosexual
You don't think he's a villain? He betrayed everyone to become king. There's basically nothing good about him. He sought power solely for revenge and greed. The only person who really knew him died trying to kill him.

He kills her too, once he's ready to betray the church. If that's not a villain I don't know what is.

Also a very good lesson that you rarely see in a videogame. In most cases of history, the people who are remembered as glorious figures and heroes are not heroes, but people who clawed their way to the top. The real heroes are unsung and unremembered.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom