Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect BioWare Montreal's Mass Effect: Andromeda - where element zero meets trisomy 21

Even if the game itself was good, I can't get over the fact that its 600 years in the future, another whole galaxy, and we're still expected to fight against similarly-sized humanoid enemies that display exactly the same tactics as Milky Way inhabitants (crouching behind chest high walls), firing the same small-arms weapons, with the same armor and shielding we have. They even use the same god fucking damn ammunition in their guns. Imagine if aliens from another galaxy came to conquer Earth and just happened to be 50/50 split between 5.56x45mm and 5.45x39mm in their primary weaponry with 9mm sidearms.

This is a crime against Sci-Fi. There's so many possibilities for weird inexplicable technology that needs to discovered/recovered/researched, but I expect that will be relegated to cutscenes and +1 enchantments to your hardware.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I'd rather have humans using the same ammunition as bizarre alien life forms than the same animations, which seems to be the case in Mass Effect Prospermeda.

EDIT spoilered gif to stop overheating users with toasters.
MassEffectAndromedaDrackRyderBarFightHD1280x720.gif

Who the fuck animates this shit? Who throws a punch like that?:lol:

You think the men at Bioware have any experience with being so toxically masculine as to practice physical assault of another human being?

donkeymong

Scholar
Even if the game itself was good, I can't get over the fact that its 600 years in the future, another whole galaxy, and we're still expected to fight against similarly-sized humanoid enemies that display exactly the same tactics as Milky Way inhabitants (crouching behind chest high walls), firing the same small-arms weapons, with the same armor and shielding we have. They even use the same god fucking damn ammunition in their guns. Imagine if aliens from another galaxy came to conquer Earth and just happened to be 50/50 split between 5.56x45mm and 5.45x39mm in their primary weaponry with 9mm sidearms.

This is a crime against Sci-Fi. There's so many possibilities for weird inexplicable technology that needs to discovered/recovered/researched, but I expect that will be relegated to cutscenes and +1 enchantments to your hardware.

This wouldnt be a problem if Biofail kept the overheating gun system.And it would make sense that the ressourse starved Andromeda campaign would use the "old" system.

Dexter

Arcane

Like I felt we were making some real progress for a while god damit.

Are they using prospecedural facial animations or something? Because if not, that has to be premeditated. Some intern really, really hated his job.

Why should games show only beautiful sexy people? That's so exclusive.

MEA is the first game ever that people with undescribably disgusting appearance can finally identify with.
The saddest part is that they probably did this half on purpose to appear "progressive":

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Why in the fuck can't I see this thread in the actual forum/subforum structure?

Oh fucking Hell, some butthurt Codex SJW cunt who put me on ignore started the thread, I bet. Well, this IS a BioWare thread, so that's highly appropriate.

KILLER BEAR

Educated
It's weird how they made a whole fighting scene while putting only one QTE in it. I mean I am not in favor of QTEs but couldn't they be consistent about it? Either make a QTE fight or just put a cinematic. (Or even better let the player play through it but of course that's out of question).

illuknisaa

Cipher
Looks like the punch is ultra-telegraphed so the player would have more time to hit the QTE, but that's just a retarded design choice. They could have just made a faster, less retarded punch animation and simply put the QTE input there before it starts.

They couldn't help but to leave no stone unprosperized.

They could also not have a shitty qte. Imagine if you could like spend like perk points during level up to get a perk that gives extra dialogue options.

But I guess shitty game dev gonna shitty game dev.

sullynathan

Arcane
So Andromeda was cheaper to develop than Wiedźmin 3?

Selling half of mass effect 3 is feasible, even inquisition did more than that

Twitcher 3's 80 million budget is including marketing, and that usually costs as much, and frequently more, than the game's development cost, I doubt EA spent some measly 20 million trying to push out trailers and parties to promote this MEAdo.
I saw Witcher 3 trailers during the Superbowl so I wouldn't be surprised if it did have a higher marketing cost than this game.

They also felt the need to tell us that krogan have 4 testicles. :roll:
That's been in it from the first game -- "quads" is what they called them.

Still do, listen to Drack's dialogue after the bar fight in the video. I know it's a joke but it's starting to look like one of the writers has a fetish.:M

So, when the krogan headbutts(?) that guy,
It's a woman, but your confusion is understandable
What? That's a woman?

Nvm, I see you meant the human was a woman, the faces look so terrible I hadn't noticed. I initially thought you meant the krogan was a woman.

Did you just assume their gender...?

So.. Do we know already how good it sells?

I've just seen an article from 2 months ago that says that EA thought this game would sell 3 million copies in the first week and 6-9 million overall...

Mischevious-Baby-and-Goofy-Sidekick-Samoyed-Dog-Laugh-At-Their-Own-Evil-Plans.gif

That's a much better performance than any other game Bioware has released. I'm guessing they didn't see the game in development.

If they've sold the shareholders on this then holy shit, seriously their stock will tank after the first sales figures come in. They'd be lucky if the game sells a million in the first week and after that a million more at most....

...I knew this was as disaster but I didn't think EA were expecting it to be good, I thought they were preparing for the worst:D

Look at this for a gamersite shilling a delusional press release...

https://gamerant.com/mass-effect-andromeda-sales-300/
https://gamerant.com/mass-effect-andromeda-sales-300/
EA even says in this press release that the first week sales are 30-50 percent of the games overall sales so if it doesn't sell at least 1-1.5 million in the first week then the game has made a loss.

I was just talking in a conversation on here and noticed this crap from the Not-Wrex fight scene, I was only looking at a small section to point out the terrible punch animation but then watch from 1.18 or so...

What the fuck is that hair texture about?

squigleesquee.jpg

Here's the epic punch...

EDIT spoilered gif to stop overheating users with toasters.
MassEffectAndromedaDrackRyderBarFightHD1280x720.gif

Who the fuck animates this shit? Who throws a punch like that?:lol:

Basically you can watch any part of this game at any point and find something hillariously bad.

moon knight how can you rate this as old when I just took the screengrab and edited the picture myself, while making a gif for the animation you dumbfuck?

J1M

Arcane
Sounds like he's seen it before.

Or was your post an "original idea, do not steal"?

Drakron

Arcane
I've just seen an article from 2 months ago that says that EA thought this game would sell 3 million copies in the first week and 6-9 million overall...

They must be insane or downright lying, it would outsell every other ME game and that would mean ME3 that was the ending of the trilogy, I know they wanted to make ME a IP but you dont do a spin-off five years after the end of the series, you do it after the 1st or 2nd. Plus even established IP arent selling that well in this generation, let alone ME that was never a system seller even when MS tried.

Loren Silvercloak

Barely Literate
So because there scam worked the first time they think it will work again..... seems legit.

Joke aside that's the problem with EA the want every IP to be a multi million seller i mean 6m and it's still not good enough for them they want 9, well with the reviews MEA is getting i don't think it will make that numbers, but the real problem for stubio is when they have to make the inevitable sequel and with half the time they had (just like ME3 had 2 years after the second one) and with the bad rep from this one hang over there heads thinks can turn south fast i mean it's not the first time EA has done it, same think with dead space by the 3 sequel the run the series to the ground same think probably will happen with this too.

Falksi

Arcane
Technomancer is crap. It has some charm - the setting, atmosphere and audio/visuals are imo very cool but the game is horrible (a lot of recycling and repetition).

The plusses you mention won me over. Definitely agree about the repetition, but I absolutely loved the rogue stance combat, and just played the game in bitesized chunks to avoid said repetition bogging it down.
I'm more an emotive player than a mathematical one, and it really hit the spot.

bat_boro

Arcane
Guys where did the other 200+ pages MEA thread go? I want to bathe in the lulz that is the post-release reception of MEA but wanna make sure I'm reading the right thread

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom