Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Japanese Adventure Games

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
I'm interested in expanding my knowledge of Jap adventure games available in English. So far my list is rather thin:

Echo Night series
JESUS
Snatcher/Policenauts
Ace Attorney games
Yu-No (technically a VN but at least tries to add some interactivity)

So, got anything that requires more than just reading?

EDIT: Updating the list whenever someone mentions the game I've already played.

Last edited:

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Snatcher is pretty much the Japanese adventure game
Totally forgot about it. Beat it a long time ago together with Policenauts. Not a huge Kojima fan due to his convoluted writing, but the gfx/music/atmosphere were pleasant enough to keep me interested (except for Act 3 in Snatcher, but whatever). Actually there is a Korean Snatcher-inspired game (Deicide 3: Distorted Existence), and it looks pretty cool, but unfortunately there's no signs of translation whatsoever.

Tom Selleck

Arcane
I forgot that I have a DS and Hotel Dusk in a shoebox around here and I've never played it. Thanks for the reminder!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom