Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect BioWare Montreal's Mass Effect: Andromeda - where element zero meets trisomy 21

J1M

Arcane
They should have called this thing Mass Effect: African Tranny.

Just ran into a hologram of Jien Garson, the woman who started the Andromeda Initiative and died in an accident upon arriving. She's another a tranny with a lisp. :lol:

They also felt the need to tell us that krogan have 4 testicles. :roll:

Last edited:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Not that im not enjoying the doggy pile / circlejerk / shitpost vortex that this thread is , but i'd love to see a poll of how many people here decided to buy and play the game anyway (including the ones whos excuse is that they wanna play it just to find more things to critique about it)."

I haven't preorded it. I am not even buying it this week. I don't even know when/if I'll buy the game. First 'big' BIO game I just don'\t give a shit about it. At best it is playable, at worst it is pure garbage. Not surprising sicne it isn't just nu BIo doing it it isn'\t even the EDM studio. It's a bunch of French Frogs (fellow frenchies stop crying I'm 'French' myself so stop the beyyaching cries of 'racism') doing it. LMAO

"The usual "You can be all genders, race, sexual orientation, and have all mental illnesses or body types as you want, as long as you are American: what's this "rest of the world" thing you are talking about? "

Why would a Kanadian company like nu BIO give a shit about 'Amerika' pride. Plus, EA/BIO are SJW Nazis.. by definition, that means they hate Amerika.

Meanwhile, EA's stock price's just 3 dollars shy of its all-time high from last week (March 15). If someone was hoping that one game flopping, even as spectacularly as Andromeda, can bury EA, then it's time to face the reality. They are too big to fail, and any possible change would have to happen from within the company (as in the boss finally asking themselves when was the last time they made a game that wasn't trash, getting butthurt over the answer and replacing whole BioWare with actual professionals).

FTGX0fo.png

Well that shows that they were a lot better off in 2005 relatively speaking and that any fall will be more dependent on wider market forces as it was in 2008 and that games' success or failure has little correlation to stock price. Battlefield 1 released October 21st with shares at 82.87 and by November 1 they were down to 77.84 despite BF1 being a great success. Looking for the future of EA and its relation to its brands by only using stock market price and not taking into account other factors is a fools errand.

On the other hand, take a look at the start of the 2000's when all the Westwood's, Jane's, Origins, Bullfrog's etc were closed down. Share price skyrocketed! So if anything is to be learned is that closing down 'underperforming' studios is the way to go and getting rid of Bioware seems like an idea that set a happy precedent for EA many a time.

I've already admitted that this game release should have no effect on the price as it's just such a small title in their stable they can easily take a hit on it. But if you look at the stock price after the animation memes hit the shares take a nosedive and closed on 88.41 today, that's over a billion dollar loss. since last thursday. And the decline is directly in relation to the memes. The worst news the company had before hand was a large invester selling $ 450'000 worth of shares a $90 on March 13th and the stock went up after, so it was on the rise still, then the memes hit.

Basically this shitshow should have little or no effect on EA, because in relative terms the loss is nothing, they have a swimming pool of money, but this game is like pissing in that swimming pool, it won't effect anyone if they don't know about it, but if you point it out everyone will bail.

Anyway here's an illustration, if you want to see EA suffer and Bioware dead, please share it where you can because the market is about confidence, if people think the stock is going to tank it will tank...

JUSTFMYSTOCKSUP.jpg

Glaucon

Prophet

Just ran into a hologram of Jien Garson, the woman who started the Andromeda Initiative and died in an accident upon arriving. She's another a tranny with a lisp. :lol:

Weren't the Krogans near extinct in the old trilogy? Maybe the wonderful new advances in transexual surgery are connected to the sudden rise in the Krogan population...

Dayyālu

Arcane
They did the very same thing in the original trilogy by naming the main character after Alan Shepard, ignoring Yuri Gagarin along the way. And it's even debatable whether Shepard actually was in space considering that his flight was merely suborbital.

latest

My personal idea about the Shepard name has been shattered. I'll now go cry in a corner. But I remember

(Opposing Force was awesome, you heathens, awesome)

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist

Weren't the Krogans near extinct in the old trilogy? Maybe the wonderful new advances in transexual surgery are connected to the sudden rise in the Krogan population...
IIRC they were steadily increasing in population due to how often they fuck, and spew out eggs, so the genophage slowed them down but to acceptable numbers for the other Species, so those other species could compete and not be overrun like before. Mordun mentions this to you too, the point of the Genophage was to slow their population, never to stop them. The reasoning fori Krogans never creating an empire again is due to them loving to fight too much, which causes them to become mercenaries or become wandering bands, which Wrex was trying to stave off and unite all the Krogan clans, to try and make a Krogan empire and boost their numbers further and stay away from fighting and warring everywhere, just to bring up their numbers.

If they did reverse the Genophage on the Ark or wtv the fuck that ships called, they've fucked themselves. It doesn't take a lot of forsight to see what will happen when the Species that breed like ants, love to go to war, and so far as I can tell, always create warcentric governments or clans will do once they start to outbreed all the competition and have a shot at being the rulers of the new galaxy.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
EA will be fine, but BioWare stands a pretty decent chance of getting Maxis'd. While I'm confident ME:A will make its money back, EA looks for a much larger return for its investment than simply breaking even, so BW is likely in trouble.
Bioware is still making Dragon Age 4, Inqusition was good cash maker, so if Mass Effect dies, bioware will last as long as EA profits from DA.
One of Bioware's studios is taking care of SWTOR, but that game's dying. The soonest die of Bioware is after DA4 failure, but I think they will at least keep Inqusition quality. Especially after ME disaster.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Well it might be important if they implemented Krogans finishing on the face of the female main character :M

Lambach

Arcane
Bioware is still making Dragon Age 4
Are they? Can't say I've heard anything about it.

Inqusition was good cash maker

I dunno, they bragged about how it was their "most successful launch", then they stopped talking about further sales almost completely, only yammering shit about how many Dragons in total were slain or something. One would think they'd be a bit more open and forthcoming with sales numbers if they really were good.

Loren Silvercloak

Barely Literate
lmao @ people who think this means BioWare or EA are dead
Bioware died after EA, it took some time but right know the founders and most of the old employees are gone from the company only the name remains and that what EA wants brand recognition, as for EA there not going anywhere so what company you guys think the buy next when bioware IP stop been popular?

These guys nailed it it a year in advance kudos to them

Jarmaro

Liturgist
I dunno, they bragged about how it was their "most successful launch", then they stopped talking about further sales almost completely, only yammering shit about how many Dragons in total were slain or something. One would think they'd be a bit more open and forthcoming with sales numbers if they really were good.

DLCs were made, not some stupid shits like those from DA:O that existed only to make little money, they were developing franchise. Plus last DLC, Tresspasser, wasn't huge one, but defintely was placing foundation for next game.
There wasn't any desperation in those things.

mastroego

Arcane

Well it might be important if they implemented Krogans finishing on the face of the female main character :M
Tsk, tsk.
Or male.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom