Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Music

Sneaky Seal

Aurum Dust
Developer
This is a thread that will be dedicated to music of the Ash of Gods.

We are happy to share Ash of Gods's main menu music theme for the first time ever.

As all the other music for the game, it is created by Adam Skorupa, Krzysztof Wierzynkiewicz and Michał Cielecki (authors of music to such projects as Bullet Storm, Painkiller, The Witcher, EVE Online and Shadow Warrior 2). We are proud that Adam and his team agreed to work with a small indie studio.

We wanted to have the main menu theme to convey feelings of a light sadness, a foreboding disaster. a struggle. Were we able to convey these emotions?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Not great but
0e3.png

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Not great but

You broke my heart, Fredo.

Well, could you actually be more specific? Is that the style you dislike or the particular piece? What would you like to have less/more of?
I don't think a main theme should be very busy, if that makes any sense to you. I'm not really good at all this music stuff. But the instruments are busy and then the lady enters with her singing and I think to myself: This is more fitting for a scene were shit goes down. Maybe a scene where war or a duel is depicted. I hope that makes sense.

Skittles

He ruins the fun.
I think the intro is great for main menu, up to about :26 in, where I think it does convey more sadness and foreboding. When it builds to vocal performance, I'm expecting something more climactic that the typical menu screen and the tone feels hopefully triumphant. It's a nice listen, but better suited for a momentous battle. Besides, it'd be wasted on the main menu! Who spends more than 30 seconds on the main menu in a game who isn't just fiddling with settings?

KILLER BEAR

Educated
Kinda agree with what the other guys said. Sounds neat for an intro, but for a static menu screen something more subtle would be a better fit.

Sneaky Seal

Aurum Dust
Developer
I don't think a main theme should be very busy, if that makes any sense to you. I'm not really good at all this music stuff. But the instruments are busy and then the lady enters with her singing and I think to myself: This is more fitting for a scene were shit goes down. Maybe a scene where war or a duel is depicted. I hope that makes sense.

I think the intro is great for main menu, up to about :26 in, where I think it does convey more sadness and foreboding. When it builds to vocal performance, I'm expecting something more climactic that the typical menu screen and the tone feels hopefully triumphant. It's a nice listen, but better suited for a momentous battle. Besides, it'd be wasted on the main menu! Who spends more than 30 seconds on the main menu in a game who isn't just fiddling with settings?

Kinda agree with what the other guys said. Sounds neat for an intro, but for a static menu screen something more subtle would be a better fit.

Thank you guys. We will still use it as the main musical theme and for the menu we're trying to add some moving objects on the background to make it work. I will share it here once we put it together to see whether it works.

For now - you can check out another wonderful work of Adam Skorupa, The Witcher's composer — the gloomy enses' theme, mysterious aliens from the unknown universe who will try to stop everyone who will be in their way.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
those tracks are great. the battle theme below isn't that great when listened alone, but pretty sure it will be better while playing and assessing your battlefield. i guess the point is to give the player the right mood while not detract their thinking with overly catchy music

Sneaky Seal

Aurum Dust
Developer
those tracks are great. the battle theme below isn't that great when listened alone, but pretty sure it will be better while playing and assessing your battlefield. i guess the point is to give the player the right mood while not detract their thinking with overly catchy music
Yeah, it's supposed to serve as a background and also probably be looped, so it's a bit more settled. I personally like how ominous it sounds.

Sneaky Seal

Aurum Dust
Developer
Having added Lo Feng's line, we did a lot of work not only on the story itseft, but also on the related materials. A new character and new territories obviously needed new music - and we recorded several extra tracks.

The first was the musical theme of Wodan, a city in which the story of Lo Feng will begins. Lifeless surrounding landscapes, "oriental" mood and a sense of constant danger - that's what Adam Skorupa wanted to convey. What do you think of the result?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom