Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect BioWare Montreal's Mass Effect: Andromeda - where element zero meets trisomy 21

Is there any way of trusting anyone though?

If there is one important messege to take away from this game, it's to never trust anyone not even yourself...

tumblr_omnln8jZmJ1w3p0gzo1_540.jpg

SumDrunkGuy

I'm lovin that user score on metacritic. Shows how far the crooked ass scumbag critics will go to pass off an abysmal game as being worthwhile. 75, yeah fucking right douche bags.

mastroego

Arcane
As I said, the bribes bought 7s and 8s this time around.
Still it appears the journalists' souls had to be sold whole for the scores to get even that high.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't know if it had been linked yet, but RPS annahilates this game. Wow...

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/03/20/mass-effect-andromeda-review/

Is it as bad as my previous comments on the first few hours suggested? Kind of, yes, but diluted down by sheer volume of busywork. There’s nothing I’ve found that redeems its crappy writing, threadbare companions, moribund story, and ghastly UI. But, well, the best I can say is it occupies time. The driving’s kind of fun, with its own list of annoyances. Um. Some it’s fine.

madrigal

Augur
Don't put all your faith in the user scores.
Review from metacritic, worse than ME2, 10 out of 10: WTF... and has apparently played it on all three systems.

akraje47 Mar 21, 2017 10 out of 10

"Better than ME1 and ME3. Worst than ME2.
Not a single glitch found, amazing atmosphere, sound, climate. Each planet is unique! Nice graphics, more paced combat (which is very nice and fluid). Amazing cover system, really usefull.
Also, unique game in current gen. There is nothing like it on market"

pippin

It was verified that Bioware often sends its own employees to post positive reviews in many game sites, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is repeated with MEA. "Nothing like it in the market"... I mean, yeah, appreciation of graphics and shit is mostly subjective, but that's a lie, I don't know if I could keep a straight face while saying that.

Leechmonger

Arbiter
akraje47 Mar 21, 2017 10 out of 10

"Better than ME1 and ME3. Worst than ME2.
Not a single glitch found, amazing atmosphere, sound, climate. Each planet is unique! Nice graphics, more paced combat (which is very nice and fluid). Amazing cover system, really usefull.
Also, unique game in current gen. There is nothing like it on market"

"Shipped promptly. Packaging arrived undamaged."

Jokzore

Arbiter
Not that im not enjoying the doggy pile / circlejerk / shitpost vortex that this thread is , but i'd love to see a poll of how many people here decided to buy and play the game anyway (including the ones whos excuse is that they wanna play it just to find more things to critique about it).

pippin

53e.jpg

I know it has been posted, but this must be my favorite thing about MEA. It kinda makes me want Ryder was a legit autistic girl ingame. Imagine going in full autistic scheeching mode when she doesn't know how to talk to aliens.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Not that im not enjoying the doggy pile / circlejerk / shitpost vortex that this thread is , but i'd love to see a poll of how many people here decided to buy and play the game anyway (including the ones whos excuse is that they wanna play it just to find more things to critique about it).

Why don't you start a poll thread, then? NVM, I'll do it for you.

pippin

Why don't you start a poll thread, then? NVM, I'll do it for you.

Well, at least DAI had the excuse of being at least tangentially related to the main series. This doesn't even have that, there's zero reason for fans of the trilogy to buy this game. It really is a tumblr fanfic of the original trilogy, to the point of going out of their way to deny Valentina Tereshkova as the real first woman in outer spess

Dayyālu

Arcane
The main character is named Ryder after Sally Ride, first american woman in outer space (1983). Tereshkova went to space in 1963.

Do they specify that she's supposed to be the first worman in space in dialogue? That would be amusing.

The usual "You can be all genders, race, sexual orientation, and have all mental illnesses or body types as you want, as long as you are American: what's this "rest of the world" thing you are talking about? "

Not that I care. Last ME I played was 2, and it was kinda all over the place. Keep the memein' up.

jaydee2k

Savant
Best game to get into BioWare world?

So after all this ME:A thing i started to dig why this video game company it's so famous, so i saw that it made a lot of WRPGs, some Star Wars RPG games, a Sonic game too and now i'm seeing some fans disapointing here and there about their last release.

Then I found that their slogan said: Rich Stories, Unforgettable Characters, And Vast Worlds. So i'm reaaaally curious about enter their world. So the question is:

Which game is the ONE?

Omg those fuckers @Gaf are hilarious

Santander02

Arcane
So these are all the romance options that are available for straight guys

Amusing that Bioware think the dudebros that buy their games are turned on by bestiality, dykes, blue/purple skinned chicks with tentacle heads and :prosper:faces.

In contrast the lesbian, by comparison, is the only mildly attractive looking female of the bunch.

I noticed they selected the butch looking chick to be the only one to be straight in cisquisition too. Hmm. If I were into femminazi conspiracies I would say they are trying to force feed strong wymin to their cishet male players'.

Last edited:

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

Would.

You sure this is a female specimen?

Given that face-wide swelling, she is probably allergic to pretty much everything, including my semen. Dealbreaker.

Totally would.

Looks like the typical face the used to give to Halfling rogues in DnD manuals. Wouldn't.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom