Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect BioWare Montreal's Mass Effect: Andromeda - where element zero meets trisomy 21

jaydee2k

Savant
We are doomed. Most fags out there love it. Look Gaf thread. Nothing will ever change except the dick ratio will rise higher and higher in AAA games...

Why would gays and trannies be brought on a colonization mission?
They lied during filling entrance questions...

It's a good job somebody had the foresight to keep hard copies of all their paperwork then, so they can be tried thrown out of the airlock when their found having buttsex or scisoring people in their offices in the middle of the space station...

https://webmshare.com/nGDxd
https://webmshare.com/nGDxd
Screenshot...

futurefiling.jpg

He also appears to have a collection of magazines there, hardly anyone but farmers with no internet connections buy magazines anymore now, most of the big titles are going out of publication.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
Below is a former VFX BioWare Montreal employee's review of the company:

https://www.glassdoor.ca/Reviews/Emp...VW11370424.htm

This anonymous individual's review paints an alarming and disturbing development cycle for MEA. Could his/her reasons be why the game is in the state it is today?

Take a look at some excerpts from below from the review. The link above has the full review.

It's very, very sad.

For example.
  • "Bioware Edmonton and Montreal symbiosis is broken. Lots of conflicts and bro culture."
  • "Lost over 13 leads (game design, art, audio, prog, senior core leads, etc) in 5 years at Bioware Montreal on Mass Effect. Edmonton lost only 3. It is clear that Edmonton has the bigger part of the stick when it comes to purge Leads and Producers who are not aligned with their leadership style."
  • "Putting people on performance improvement program (PIP Program) is the new tactics to get rid of people. Once again more than 10 people in Montreal got slammed with this bureaucratic uppercut to let go people that are not bending to Edmonton leadership styles in the last revision cycle. This approach is used by the Montreal Leadership to purge the mess from the lack of vision cause by upper management in the last 4 years (throwing people under the bus to protect bad core management)"
  • "Renaming crunch to Finaling mode. Which means company pays for your lunch but you have only 30 minutes to eat and then getting back on the keyboard. Was lasting for over 2 months and was a real catastrophy."
  • "Retaliation and harassment is sadly a reality. If you talk and ask questions you will be tag as a trouble maker and end up in a bad position."
  • "HR won't help you out. They will deny the current harassment from Monreal management by ignoring and not documenting the facts. In other words if you leave don't talk. Just let it go..."
  • "Many benifits got cut due to too much time extension to get the game done."
In addition, take a look at the below video comparing the leaked 2016 MEA footage to the current footage.

https://my.mixtape.moe/yugchn.mp4

Notice how the April 2016 leaked version has dramatically better animations, ESPECIALLY the facial animation when that guy starts coughing. What happened?!
mea.gif

In conclusion, it seems MEA had an insanely troubled development due to issues between teams, politics, nepotism, leadership conflicts, and lack of care for the actual developers themselves who had no say. I think this is the reason MEA is in the state it is. Crazy. What happens now? I'm still going to play this game. Mass Effect is my favorite set of games of all time and I will still sink 100+ enjoyable hours into MEA, but this discovery disturbs me. Makes me feel uneasy actually. I feel sorry for the developers who worked so hard on this game and had to endure this at BioWare. Why did this happen like this? Questions. So many questions.

I feel like we need to stop blaming the actual developers. The problem with MEA is much more than that and this review highlights much more disturbing issues about BioWare specifically, not the developers.

Speculate below, but be civil in this discussion.

Edit: Just want to say, this is purely SPECULATION. No one is pointing fingers here. We are all just fans of the series and are curious as to why MEA is in the state is in today. Take anything you read above or in this thread with a grain of salt. Keep this discussion civil everyone. Hope you all are excited for the release tonight as I am. Looking forward to the game.

Wasn't EA awarded "The best place to work in" or something like that award?

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Origin is so swamped that it won't load the window so I can type in my key.

Imagine if the Europeans who didn't know how to proxy weren't getting the game two days later, EA's budget priced servers to run Origin would be keeling over.

Falksi

Arcane
Is there any way of trusting anyone though?

How about Mars WL?

It's because DAII, as bad as it is, is a)little bit different in story b)really accessible, very easy to start and finish without too much effort.

And DAO's DLCs, aside from Awakening and maybe Leliana's, are the worst, maybe even worse than Inquisishit at times.

And this is Shacknews' reviewer: https://twitter.com/molotovcupcake

Fraid my PC is far too old to run Mars WL. Looks good, but I've yet to play it.
I played The Technomancer on ps4 and - having owned the likes of The Witcher 3, Deus Ex:MD, Valkeria Chronicles, Xcom 2 etc - it's my favourite game for the system so far by some distance.

Jarmaro

Liturgist

I am cringing so hard. Just look at these dialogs, he said "You and what army?" just to let writter tell his stupid thing. My hands are shaking, it got 9/10 MANY FUCKING TIMES.
AND ENTIRE GAME IS WRITTEN THIS WAY

JUST LOOK AT THE MOMENT SHE LIFTS HIM, IT LOOKS AS SOMETHING FROM SUPERMAN MOVIE
AT LEAST HE FELT ON HIS BACK, MAYBE IT'S BROKEN AND HE'S HANDICAPPED NOW

LOOK AT THE MOMENT SHE BLOCKED THE HIT, SHE JUST MOVES ARM AND THEN ENEMY'S ARM APPEARS OUT OF NOWHERE

THAT BLACK ASIAN HIT KROGAN WITH THE BOOTLE AND THEN FOR NO REASON STARES AT LEFT, SHE'S ABSOLUTELY IGNORING HIM

THEN KROGAN HITS HER AND SHE FALLS ON THE TABLE BUT HOLY SHIT HER HEAD DOESN'T EVEN FALL ON THE TABLE AND YET GLASS THAT STANDS FAR AWAY BLOWS OUT BECEAUSE SPACE MAGIC

WAIT, ARE YOU SEENG THIS!? SALARIAN IS STANDING UP BUT THERE IS NO CHAIR HE SAT ON

SHE KICKS THAT GUY SO HARD THAN HER MODEL GETS TELEPORTED TO OTHER DIMENSION AND THEN THREW BACK BUT SMALLER

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Just. Kill. Me. Now.

Last edited:

Keye_

Educated

His conclusion: combat is more fast-paced and all around enjoyable than in the previous Mass Effect games. But the 3-ability restriction and the removal of party member ability control, leaves the game with no tactical depth whatsoever.

pippin

What is she? 15? The DotT tattoo is pretty :monocle: , but I doubt she ever played anything but the SE (although, probably, she just got the tat to look old-school).

A Loom tattoo would be monocled, anything related to Schafer is just trying too hard to be le nerd gurl xD

DemonKing

Arcane

All I remember was it won "Worst Company in America" two years running...

I'm surprised EA have kept the Bioware brand going for so long. This trainwreck has probably tarnished it irrevocably...it will be interesting to see if they keep it running now.

donkeymong

Scholar

All I remember was it won "Worst Company in America" two years running...

I'm surprised EA have kept the Bioware brand going for so long. This trainwreck has probably tarnished it irrevocably...it will be interesting to see if they keep it running now.

They will the Swotor team.

jaydee2k

Savant
Still can't believe some of you think EA will close Bioware because of Andromeda.
This game would still make cash if you would do nothing but fuck pink ponies in the ass...

So anyway I relented and have just started playing this game got to say the animations aren't as bad as people are making out and the romance scenes are quite tastefully done...

IEoMC3.gif

:troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom