Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Stones of the Ancients, shovelware blobber

Mortmal

Arcane
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=874844888

So a greenlight title, but a turn based blobber, its rare enough to make a thread about it. This game is unworthy of a newspost on the prestigious codex as its not from inxile , obisidan , bioware , or bethesda , but i know there's like 4 or 5 codexers who still like the genre.
Tbh, it doesnt look half bad, might play it while waiting for grimoire .Discuss!!

Mortmal

Arcane
commie , informative is not enough, i demand a brofist! I had to search through many rpgmaker titles or as some say "rpg games" to find something half decent. It's like diving with a barely water proof scuba in a pool of shit .

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
commie , informative is not enough, i demand a brofist! I had to search through many rpgmaker titles or as some say "rpg games" to find something half decent. It's like diving with a barely water proof scuba in a pool of shit .

But what if it's shit? I can't just give out brofists like water you know....

If it's good or good enough I'll upgrade the rating. :smug:

Mortmal

Arcane

But what if it's shit? I can't just give out brofists like water you know....

If it's good or good enough I'll upgrade the rating. :smug:
I'll remember it in ten years when its finally released. That being generous it tooks more than 20 year for grimoire and its not done yet.

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hope this isn't another Ellis Studios' "masterpiece" (the portraits got me suspicious).
Oh yeah, I had a hunch I've seen some of them before.

wrtsroiwuob0bvvl2pme.jpg

The description and comments seem to be more coherent though, so it's probably not them. Can't say I'm 100% sure though.

Deleted Member 16721

I think it's Ellis Studios. Hope I'm wrong, but it certainly looks like it to me.

Deleted Member 16721

I'll just copy my post from the 'Watch here.

Well, the font for the combat log looks like the exact same one used in The Red Hand of Doom/Cave of Sorrows. A portrait in the video is also the same portrait used in The Red Hand of Doom/Cave of Sorrows. Beyond that, the mismatched UI with poor font and background design is another trademark of Ellis Studios, and the format of the "trailer" video is also exactly like how Ellis Studios does their trailer videos.

I'm skeptical.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=874844888

So a greenlight title, but a turn based blobber, its rare enough to make a thread about it. This game is unworthy of a newspost on the prestigious codex as its not from inxile , obisidan , bioware , or bethesda , but i know there's like 4 or 5 codexers who still like the genre.
Tbh, it doesnt look half bad, might play it while waiting for grimoire .Discuss!!

Awesome. Looks good. I hope the chargen and dev are more complex than what is shown. But I would love to have a new crpg blobber.

Mortmal

Arcane
I'll just copy my post from the 'Watch here.

Well, the font for the combat log looks like the exact same one used in The Red Hand of Doom/Cave of Sorrows. A portrait in the video is also the same portrait used in The Red Hand of Doom/Cave of Sorrows. Beyond that, the mismatched UI with poor font and background design is another trademark of Ellis Studios, and the format of the "trailer" video is also exactly like how Ellis Studios does their trailer videos.

I'm skeptical.
Thats probably stock art from some rpg maker stuff .

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Looks banal shit boring. Haven't you people already played this derivative game about 50 times with different names?

wow hordes of rats, bats zombies, goblins and skeletons in the middle of town, riveting kombat.

Deleted Member 16721

Oh, and the choppy framerate for their recorded footage is another Ellis Studios trademark. Just thought I'd add that.

Mortmal

Arcane
Oh, and the choppy framerate for their recorded footage is another Ellis Studios trademark. Just thought I'd add that.
You are getting paranoid...Everyone can make shit , not only ellis.

Deleted Member 16721

Paranoid? LOL.

While others can certainly make shit, nothing can be mistaken for the exquisite and trademark level of doo-doo that is an Ellis Studios "production". If I'm wrong then great, but I doubt it.

Deleted Member 16721

Missile in Magic Missile is misspelled in one of the screenshots.

3D2815D7CA787C74972C5B31CAB0B0092EE8E531

Deleted Member 16721

Okay, okay. it's not a scam. Jifgar just happens to be Malcom's twin brother. Either that or these games are so advanced they allow characters to be used in other campaigns. :lol:

Mortmal

Arcane
Same people who did this:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/599670/
What else do you need ? A photo of the dev team holding a "rpgcodex is for fags" sign ?

Geez, I didn't realize it was made by the developers behind the prestigious Chess3D game! My mistake. This certainly seems legit now.

I just wonder where Whitefishgames got all those art assets for Chess3D. :lol:
Thats still more prestigious than what ellis ever produced, i dont think they even got a publisher ever.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Same people who did this:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/599670/
What else do you need ? A photo of the dev team holding a "rpgcodex is for fags" sign ?

Geez, I didn't realize it was made by the developers behind the prestigious Chess3D game! My mistake. This certainly seems legit now.

I just wonder where Whitefishgames got all those art assets for Chess3D. :lol:
Thats still more prestigious than what ellis ever produced, i dont think they even got a publisher ever.
List of games that company has published on Steam:
  • Chess 3D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom