Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Persona 5

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
P3 is extremely difficult on hard and P4 is extremely difficult but then gets easier, on Hard. Normal is adequately challenging. I think Normal is the way to go without SMT experience.

Red Rogue

Learned
P3 is extremely difficult on hard and P4 is extremely difficult but then gets easier, on Hard. Normal is adequately challenging. I think Normal is the way to go without SMT experience.
That's fine by me, I'm not too proud for normal. I didn't even know they had difficulty settings.

GarlandExCon

Arcane
I've never played a Persona game.
Hell I've never played any SMT game.

Does codex think I could get some fun out of 5? It's not a particularly difficult game is it? Doesn't seem like it is. I don't mind challenge but I also don't want convoluted bullshit where I'll need to spend hours on a FAQ to be effective.

I'm sure you could, but honestly, both games still hold up. They're among my favorite games of all time.

If you have a Vita for some reason Persona 4 Golden is fantastic.

Put it this way: I'm buying a PS4 JUST so I can play Persona 5.

roll-a-die

Magister

Does codex think I could get some fun out of 5? It's not a particularly difficult game is it? Doesn't seem like it is. I don't mind challenge but I also don't want convoluted bullshit where I'll need to spend hours on a FAQ to be effective.

I'm sure you could, but honestly, both games still hold up. They're among my favorite games of all time.

Same, I'm buying a PS4 just to play P5 as well. And likely gonna pick up bloodborne when I do.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
My ps4 backlog is crazy, but I'm still getting this, nier, and most likely nioh and horizon zero dawn.

Good thing that I have a shit ton of time to burn while on medical leave till the summer.

GarlandExCon

Arcane

Same, I'm buying a PS4 just to play P5 as well. And likely gonna pick up bloodborne when I do.

I might pick up DragonQuest Builders just cause I'm curious.

Red Rogue

Learned
I got a used PS4 for 250$ a few months ago and it's nice to finally have some games coming out for it. I've spent most of my time playing fucking MLB The show.
The fact that the lot of you are buying a console for one game speaks volumes and Persona 5 is a top priority.

I think Yakuza 0, Nioh, Nier, Odinsphere, and Gravity Rush 2 might be worth getting as well.

Considered Dragon Quest builders but I'm not the creative type

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Thank god japanese do not follow western standards so we can get things like this

GarlandExCon

Arcane
Gonna have to get it on PS3, freaking medical bills skyrocketed this last few months.

Yeah I might have to abandon my plans to buying a PS4 and just get the PS3 version as well. This has been an expensive month. My premiums have went to the roof. Thanks ObamaCare for screwing me out of Persona 5 with higher resolution!

Repressed Homosexual
Don't get your hopes too high, Atlus has been on an obvious decline. SMT IV was one big boring turd. Etrian Odyssey is something mechanically simple and always the same that they keep milking over and over again, even reskinning it as Persona. And they have made so many retarded spinoffs. Even Persona itself is something that they have progressively made tamer and gayer with every iteration. Atlus is gone.

The only hopes for Japanese gaming really are the small niche studios with moe characters, for the most part, where they don't have to worry about pleasing anyone but those dedicated enough to spend a fortune on special editions and figurines. It acts as a filter against retards.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom