Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

Deleted member 7219

https://twitter.com/lonelytiefling/status/843808789858045952

Not even trannies appreciate the tranny shoehorning/evangelizing.

267c1213a8.png

Not all trannies are SJWs. SJWs make trannies out to be entitled grievance culture whiners but most trannies just want to be left the fuck alone to try to live as normal lives as possible (fate dealt them a shitty hand).

The BioWare audience seem to be the ones who demand games that appeal to their own identity politics, but maybe that is starting to change. It seems like Andromeda just went too far.

Rev

Arcane
Anyway guys, who wants to "kiss" a raptor lady?

My God, BioWare has really gone all over the top with retardation in this game. Romances were always bad in their games, and ME2 already had drells and turians which didn't make sense as option, but this... how can anyone sane find that attractive?
It would be interesting to get the data of how many people choose to romance these kind of aliens, my guess is that even among retarded Biodrones less than 1% would choose that kind of romance.

SionIV

Cipher
Patron

My God, BioWare has really gone all over the top with retardation in this game. Romances were always bad in their games, and ME2 already had drells and turians which didn't make sense as option, but this... how can anyone sane find that attractive?
It would be interesting to get the data of how many people choose to romance these kind of aliens, my guess is that even among retarded Biodrones less than 1% would choose that kind of romance.

I would imagine that a lot of people chose to romance these aliens, as it's the 'unique' option.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
I'm a massive Mass Effect fanboy, but this bit from the RPS review makes me not want to play this at all:

What unites all these different features is the most unrelentingly dull writing, cliches and aphorisms pouring out like the waterfalls they’d use as an analogy in this sentence. Every chat lasts three times longer than it needs to, and they’re achingly boring from casual encounters to the deepest moments in relationships. I cannot explain this better than by giving a lengthy example from one moment in the first few hours, a chat about the potentially complex and messy subject of faith.

12ame.jpg

One member of your crew, a scientist, reveals to you that she believes in God. Now, this is old territory for Mass Effect, where in the first game you had a right-wing Christian on your crew, and it was handled especially well. Not so this time! This is genuinely the conversation:

“Just all of it. So alien. A constant reminder of the divine intelligence behind all creation.”

“Divine intelligence? A god?”

“Yes, I believe in a higher power. I know it’s a little odd. But I’m a scientist because science brings me closer to something greater than myself.”

To this you are given two possible responses. Beyond all credibility, they are:

“I feel the same way.”
Or
“There’s no higher power.”

What the hell? You’re given the choice of either emphatically agreeing that you too believe in God, or you rudely tell a woman you barely know that her faith is bullshit. Honestly, I was tempted just to walk away from the game than be forced into picking one of those two answers. But I went for the former, since at least it wasn’t rude, and I was trying to flirt with her anyway. She expresses her pleasure that someone else agrees that it’s possible to believe in science and God at the same time, and then in what must be one of the worst lines of dialogue in gaming history, your character’s option of a flirting reply is:

“You definitely have an interesting perspective on the interplay between faith and science.”

This isn’t how people speak.

I mean, if I'm honest, I'll probably get it at some point when it's on sale for $10 to try it out, but even the positive reviews of the game thus far make it sound dull.

Jarmaro

Liturgist

Also, It must be said that romances in Andromeda are decline compared to Inqusition. In Inqusition we had not only more companions ( 9 compard to Andromeda's 6), but also more romance options (10 compared to Andromeda's 7).
Mass Effect was a good franchise (in meaning of popularity), I wish Bioware was ruled by Jews with lust for money, beceause then they would make actually good game so it'd sell. Future for Andromeda's sales isn't bright after all that happened.

Father Foreskin

Learned
Im somewhat certain that only visuals matter when it comes to metacritic scores. In case of ME:A it was the animation quality that suddenly opened the opportynity for casuals and press fucks to attack it. Now suddenly even the story sucks while being the exact same garbage it has been with every Bioware game for a decade. Also with Fallout 4 it began with articles like "why we cannot be satisfied with Fo4 visuals". The exact opposite is BOTW with it cute cell shaded visuals and stellar polish. Never mind the inane grindy gameplay and 1-page plot. ( Not shitting on Botw here though, the game is fine albeit not the 11/10 gotyoaaaa)

pippin

Something broke in this little mind. You often praised the dialogue wheel though, and now you are experiencing its flaws first hand.

biggestboss

Liturgist
For all the bitching about gayness in ME you guys do, this shit game only has one male Ryder romance option, and it's a sidekick character. Hilariously enough, while the other romances feature naked sex, in the gay one there's mostly dialogue and a fade to black. It's really jarring and a clear sign that homophobia is still alive and kicking over at Bioshit, no matter their over the top SJWing. Which shows that SJW and gay issues don't go together. So stop lumping them together.
Patch 1.05 - Dialogue wheel will now pop up asking which dude wants it in the butt, appropriate animations added

Jarmaro

Liturgist
I'm a massive Mass Effect fanboy, but this bit from the RPS review makes me not want to play this at all:

What unites all these different features is the most unrelentingly dull writing, cliches and aphorisms pouring out like the waterfalls they’d use as an analogy in this sentence. Every chat lasts three times longer than it needs to, and they’re achingly boring from casual encounters to the deepest moments in relationships. I cannot explain this better than by giving a lengthy example from one moment in the first few hours, a chat about the potentially complex and messy subject of faith.

12ame.jpg

One member of your crew, a scientist, reveals to you that she believes in God. Now, this is old territory for Mass Effect, where in the first game you had a right-wing Christian on your crew, and it was handled especially well. Not so this time! This is genuinely the conversation:

“Just all of it. So alien. A constant reminder of the divine intelligence behind all creation.”

“Divine intelligence? A god?”

“Yes, I believe in a higher power. I know it’s a little odd. But I’m a scientist because science brings me closer to something greater than myself.”

To this you are given two possible responses. Beyond all credibility, they are:

“I feel the same way.”
Or
“There’s no higher power.”

What the hell? You’re given the choice of either emphatically agreeing that you too believe in God, or you rudely tell a woman you barely know that her faith is bullshit. Honestly, I was tempted just to walk away from the game than be forced into picking one of those two answers. But I went for the former, since at least it wasn’t rude, and I was trying to flirt with her anyway. She expresses her pleasure that someone else agrees that it’s possible to believe in science and God at the same time, and then in what must be one of the worst lines of dialogue in gaming history, your character’s option of a flirting reply is:

“You definitely have an interesting perspective on the interplay between faith and science.”

I mean, if I'm honest, I'll probably get it at some point when it's on sale for $10 to try it out, but even the positive reviews of the game thus far make it sound dull.

I think this dialog points exactly what's the game problem. The very basic thing, making dialog or text, needs from the writter to have something to say. Those writters had nothing to say.
Most of the game is jsut trash talk. Not important at all. I'd like to know from where these people come from.
Even I would came up with something better after moment of thinking. Weren't they taught creativity? How to write?
What are writters requirements? Abillity to write and read?

Grimlorn

Arcane
It makes no sense to continue to have trannies in the future, medical technology would have advanced to the point where any genetic flaw on babies can be detected and corrected while still in the womb. Everyone will have the correct gender since the beginning and there should be no need for reassignment surgery later in their lives.
There is nothing genetic to correct. It's a mental illness. Of course in the future they will have discovered this hopefully, and have these people treated instead of supporting and reinforcing their delusions making their mental illness worse. Unless you can correct mental illnesses genetically somehow. Possible I suppose.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane

Something broke in this little mind. You often praised the dialogue wheel though, and now you are experiencing its flaws first hand.

Well, in this instance it's less about the dialog wheel itself, and more about the lack of meaningful response options. ME2 and ME3 could fit up to 6 potential responses in its dialog wheels, although it rarely gave you 6 options to choose from. In this instance, it's mostly just the lack of any nuance or middle ground that's the problem. Plus the awkward hamfisted nature of the writing. The conversation reads like it was written by a computer algorythm or something.

Last edited:

Jarmaro

Liturgist
It makes no sense to continue to have trannies in the future, medical technology would have advanced to the point where any genetic flaw on babies can be detected and corrected while still in the womb. Everyone will have the correct gender since the beginning and there should be no need for reassignment surgery later in their lives.
There is nothing genetic to correct. It's a mental illness. Of course in the future they will have discovered this hopefully, and have these people treated instead of supporting and reinforcing their delusions making their mental illness worse. Unless you can correct mental illnesses genetically somehow. Possible I suppose.
So all doctors and experts in medicine are wrong about trannies being medical problem and you know more than them? Interesting.
I don't think better medical technology will help curing it in womb, it's more about brain thing that isn't easy to read. We'd need to read how the problem is diagnosed in the first place.

imweasel

The idea of Turian sex is so fucking sick. I thought the guys who were obsessed with Tali were weird.
Yep. Alien sex fantasies are progressive or something according the left. It must be the next best thing to beastiality or something for these morons.

Official ME:A Strategy Guide has a dedicated romance section:
eUo4ZHc.jpg

ZaJ1Aab.jpg

Gw5f0yH.jpg
So the only heterosexual option for female Ryder is a black dude. The cuck is strong in Bioware. :lol:

:selfhate:

hnOcndd.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom