Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Beamdog working on a new D&D CRPG (cancelled)

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Nah, Hasbro is a multinational parent of many gaming (all kinds, not only vidya) corporations. It's the third largest such company and isn't owned by anyone.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Who owns Planescape: torment rights? Interplay? WotC? hmm?

Hasbro according to GOG.

Hasbro owns WotC.
I bet somebody bigger owns Hasbro

GKV4oKb.jpg

Sherry

Arcane
Hi.

I did not get much of a chance to play NWN on the weekend as it is the game I am playing right now but when I finish it I will be looking for a new game to play and it will be interesting to see what comes of this next week right? Since joining I have read a lot of threads of what to play from older games released that I missed or was too busy playing Ultima games. Before the final countdown stream for Deadfire in another post I asked for a reef with shipwrecks we could explore and find while sailing on our boat and my friends at Obsidian made it happen for me so I am going to do that again for everyone here okay? Okay!

What I would like to see is a modern update to Planescape Torment because I never played it and lots of members here say it is a really good game to play so that is my suggestion of what is going to happen and it will sell even more than Numenera because everyone who is playing that game but never played Torment will get that too because it will work really nice on modern systems just like Baldur's Gate updated adventure we all got from Beamdog right?

Thanks,
Sherry

Lacrymas

Arcane
Sherry, the GOG version works perfectly, they also have an article on essential mods and how to set them up, there is no need for an "enhanced" edition.

Sherry

Arcane
Sherry, the GOG version works perfectly, they also have an article on essential mods and how to set them up, there is no need for an "enhanced" edition.

Hi.

It is nice to meet you, Lacrymas I have seen you around in some of the other threads like our Deadfire one right? Let me just say that it is what a lot of people said about Baldur's Gate series but then the Enhanced Editions came out and it was a quick way to start playing without having to install and look through links to download patches or other things and now BG:EE is a one-step way of getting all of that and it made it a lot easier for people to enjoy the game even on a tablet and sit outside on the front porch with some wine like I did. :salute:

So there is a need to enhance Planescape Torment because the GOG version will not work on a tablet and you still have to look through links to download patches or other things. An EE version would get rid of that hassle and confusion for the casual gamer right? :hug:

Thanks,
Sherry

Gunnar

Arbiter
If you can't figure out how to play Torment properly on a PC you don't deserve to play it at all. :argh:

Sherry

Arcane
Hi.

omg. Omg! OMG!

Why are you saying that okay? I am just posting in a Beamdog thread and make a post about the next game will be and would like to see from them right and now I am being called names but why is no one else on other pages talking about Planescape Torment not being called names just me right?

okay so I am just saying it was nice and easy to put on a tablet and it makes it easy to play the game off a computer so it could be mobile and taken along like on camping trips with the kids or like I said earlier sitting on the front porch during the summer instead of sitting at the computer inside all day playing. What is wrong with that and why is it such a bad thing right? That is what I like about the EE series and maybe you do not like them and want to sit in a windowless room playing the originals but I like being free of that and taking it with us to play so if it an enhanced edition of Planescape Torment is made good for me and probably many others so just stop with the name calling because I enjoy a modern bundle of an old game right?

Sherry Are you an alcoholic? You seem to mention wine a lot.

p.s. I do enjoy a glass of wine or two while playing yes okay? Apothic Red from California is good wine.

Thanks,
Sherry

Lacrymas

Arcane
You do realize that windowless basement dwelling is the only legit and proper way to play old classics, right? To play any kind of classic.

Last edited:

Klarion

Arcane
Hi.

I did not get much of a chance to play NWN on the weekend as it is the game I am playing right now but when I finish it I will be looking for a new game to play and it will be interesting to see what comes of this next week right? Since joining I have read a lot of threads of what to play from older games released that I missed or was too busy playing Ultima games. Before the final countdown stream for Deadfire in another post I asked for a reef with shipwrecks we could explore and find while sailing on our boat and my friends at Obsidian made it happen for me so I am going to do that again for everyone here okay? Okay!

What I would like to see is a modern update to Planescape Torment because I never played it and lots of members here say it is a really good game to play so that is my suggestion of what is going to happen and it will sell even more than Numenera because everyone who is playing that game but never played Torment will get that too because it will work really nice on modern systems just like Baldur's Gate updated adventure we all got from Beamdog right?

Thanks,
Sherry

So basically nobody then... ROFL

Last edited:

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I am just posting in a Beamdog thread and make a post about the next game will be and would like to see from them right and now I am being called names but why is no one else on other pages talking about Planescape Torment not being called names just me right?

I will spend the next day deconstructing this sentence and knowing in my heart that it is the most productive thing I will do all month.

Thanks, Sherry!

ArchAngel

Arcane
Hi.

omg. Omg! OMG!

Why are you saying that okay? I am just posting in a Beamdog thread and make a post about the next game will be and would like to see from them right and now I am being called names but why is no one else on other pages talking about Planescape Torment not being called names just me right?

okay so I am just saying it was nice and easy to put on a tablet and it makes it easy to play the game off a computer so it could be mobile and taken along like on camping trips with the kids or like I said earlier sitting on the front porch during the summer instead of sitting at the computer inside all day playing. What is wrong with that and why is it such a bad thing right? That is what I like about the EE series and maybe you do not like them and want to sit in a windowless room playing the originals but I like being free of that and taking it with us to play so if it an enhanced edition of Planescape Torment is made good for me and probably many others so just stop with the name calling because I enjoy a modern bundle of an old game right?

Sherry Are you an alcoholic? You seem to mention wine a lot.

p.s. I do enjoy a glass of wine or two while playing yes okay? Apothic Red from California is good wine.

Thanks,
Sherry
fluent alt confirmed!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Introducing the brand-new Beamdog Client!

But before we get started, please note that the Beamdog Client is not our "next big thing” we’ve been working on for so long, only part of it. Watch out for more news on that soon!

The new Beamdog Client will run any product made by Beamdog, and we encourage you to try it out with your Enhanced Edition games. Just download, install, log-in, and point the new client at your existing games using the Find Existing Game button.

Why use the new Beamdog Client? Lots of reasons! In addition to easy updates, the new Beamdog Client features DRM-free versions of your purchased games, easy-to-access forum links, quick links to the latest versions of online game manuals, and better connections to support. Plus, buying directly from Beamdog helps us support the games you have and make more of the games you love!

Sharp eyed users will notice the new Beamdog Client supports products on Mac (we’ve specifically designed it to work well with Sierra) and Linux. Though Linux users will see an empty list where games should be, perhaps that’s a sign of things to come in the future. ;)

We’d like for our fans to use the Beamdog Client in the language of their choice. French, Polish, and German are just the start. Watch for more languages in future updates.

Windows XP users will not be able to use the new Beamdog Client. We’re sad to let that operating system go, however time, and technology, marches on. Any titles you have through the old client made by studios other than Beamdog will continue to be run through the old client.

For those of you asking what will happen to the old Beamdog Client, the answer is nothing. The client and launchers you’re used to using will remain as it is, but will not receive any future updates. We’ll be channeling our efforts into finding solutions for issues within the new Beamdog Client. All of our legacy launchers and clients will continue to be available here.

We’re excited to find out what you all think. This is just the start!

Get the new Beamdog Client.

Looks like there's room for one more game. :M

ArchAngel

Arcane

Lee Guille
/
10:59 AM

But before we get started, please note that the Beamdog Client is not our "next big thing” we’ve been working on for so long, only part of it. Watch out for more news on that soon!

The new Beamdog Client will run any product made by Beamdog, and we encourage you to try it out with your Enhanced Edition games. Just download, install, log-in, and point the new client at your existing games using the Find Existing Game button.

Why use the new Beamdog Client? Lots of reasons! In addition to easy updates, the new Beamdog Client features DRM-free versions of your purchased games, easy-to-access forum links, quick links to the latest versions of online game manuals, and better connections to support. Plus, buying directly from Beamdog helps us support the games you have and make more of the games you love!

Sharp eyed users will notice the new Beamdog Client supports products on Mac (we’ve specifically designed it to work well with Sierra) and Linux. Though Linux users will see an empty list where games should be, perhaps that’s a sign of things to come in the future. ;)

We’d like for our fans to use the Beamdog Client in the language of their choice. French, Polish, and German are just the start. Watch for more languages in future updates.

Windows XP users will not be able to use the new Beamdog Client. We’re sad to let that operating system go, however time, and technology, marches on. Any titles you have through the old client made by studios other than Beamdog will continue to be run through the old client.

For those of you asking what will happen to the old Beamdog Client, the answer is nothing. The client and launchers you’re used to using will remain as it is, but will not receive any future updates. We’ll be channeling our efforts into finding solutions for issues within the new Beamdog Client. All of our legacy launchers and clients will continue to be available here.

We’re excited to find out what you all think. This is just the start!

Get the new Beamdog Client.

Looks like there's room for one more game. :M
Their last client died for a day when SoD released. One can imagine they need something better.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom