Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

Distant Relative?

1MFOJrt.gif

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
It makes no sense to continue to have trannies in the future, medical technology would have advanced to the point where any genetic flaw on babies can be detected and corrected while still in the womb. Everyone will have the correct gender since the beginning and there should be no need for reassignment surgery later in their lives.

Gerrard

Arcane
It makes no sense to continue to have trannies in the future, medical technology would have advanced to the point where any genetic flaw on babies can be detected and corrected while still in the womb. Everyone will have the correct gender since the beginning and there should be no need for reassignment surgery later in their lives.
I made the same argument with the whole Rimworld "controversy", that's what the cuck of a dev should've said.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt

Uh...I'm pretty sure trans do not have genetic flaws.
They are not ermaphrodites.

Arulan

Cipher
Is engaging in gender politics really necessary? This game looks to be so terrible that even mainstream critics finally noticed. You could practically point to any area of design and find problems.

Speaking of which, that's something I am interested in. What about this game makes even mainstream critics take notice? Is it that much worse than Dragon Age II, Mass Effect 3, and Dragon Age: Inquisition? Does it offend in ways that are more intolerable to the mainstream, such as production values? Or is there some type of inherent lag with mainstream critics and they only just noticed after three poor BioWare RPGs?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
BTW twitch streamers can stream whole story now. Theirs press embargo ended. (Theirs game is unlocked until end of month.)

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy

Uh...I'm pretty sure trans do not have genetic flaws.
They are not ermaphrodites.

He means we'll be able to detect anomalous mental illnesses such as transgenderism early, then abort those fetuses and try again. In fact, an implant could perform an in utero abortion on just the fertilized egg, so that the woman doesn't even miss a period!

sullynathan

Arcane
See Oblivion and Fallout 3 for other examples.
It's quite popular to say that Oblivion was the worst TES game and when they say that they mean between Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim.
It's also quite popular to say that Fallout 3 was a bad game, hell there's a YouTube video with over a million views saying that and I think there's more. People on the codex underrate how much New Vegas made people think about Fallout 3 and Fallout 4. New Vegas sold a fuck ton of copies after all and was played by a lot of people.

pippin

Is engaging in gender politics really necessary? This game looks to be so terrible that even mainstream critics finally noticed. You could practically point to any area of design and find problems.

Speaking of which, that's something I am interested in. What about this game makes even mainstream critics take notice? Is it that much worse than Dragon Age II, Mass Effect 3, and Dragon Age: Inquisition? Does it offend in ways that are more intolerable to the mainstream, such as production values? Or is there some type of inherent lag with mainstream critics and they only just noticed after three poor BioWare RPGs?

After Fallout 4, No Man's Sky et al, people is not afraid of giving mediocre scores anymore. Or perhaps it's because you can't justify the Emperor's New Clothes syndrome when you don't have the narrative to support it (see: Ubisoft).
I do wonder if we're entering a new recession for videogames. I know that games aren't great since 2004 with a few exceptions here and there, but I think americans are starting to realize they aren't making good games anymore because it has become easier for "outsiders" with projects like Twitcher 3 or Nier Automata that you can make decent looking games which are also fun to play. It's kind of what's happening with movies now, I guess the new direction will be trying to tackle markets outside of America, like what's going on with China.

Idea: EA decided to clean up its image and reverse history. Rather than taking a developer, screwing them, and killing them, they are standing back so Bioware can screw themselves and they can take credit for putting Bioware out of its misery.

pippin

Idea: EA decided to clean up its image and reverse history. Rather than taking a developer, screwing them, and killing them, they are standing back so Bioware can screw themselves and they can take credit for putting Bioware out of its misery.

It's likely that management finally got the message about EA being a shitty company, yeah. But as a publisher they didn't do anything wrong, probably... I mean, they did the proper marketing and everything. They have treated MEA like they treate their other games. The problem here lies in the people's answer to the usual Biowareisms. I think people getting tired of the usual cookie cutter arguments when this stuff happens, especially when it's Bioware and their agenda. Sometimes games are bad and that's ok. The Kane and Lynch thing seems so far away at this point...
I won't deny many people are trying to save face when it came to ME3's discussion.

a-are you a real grill or a bioware-grill?

5qsWxJl.jpg

Hey, B!TCH!

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Might be payback. Lot's of sites lost much of their credibility after their took a stand to defend ME3.

It has to be this. The same people who gave 9.5/10 to ME2+3 and every Bethesda game now suddenly have really high expectations for the story, dialogue, and originality of a game? I don't buy it.

For all the bitching about gayness in ME you guys do, this shit game only has one male Ryder romance option, and it's a sidekick character. Hilariously enough, while the other romances feature naked sex, in the gay one there's mostly dialogue and a fade to black. It's really jarring and a clear sign that homophobia is still alive and kicking over at Bioshit, no matter their over the top SJWing. Which shows that SJW and gay issues don't go together. So stop lumping them together.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom