Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's only 3 years until Mass Effect 3 will be considered classic :negative:
Nah, ME3 will always be remembered for that terrible ending. The only thing that changed is that it will no longer be considered the game that killed Mass Effect, since that's ME:A now.

Sadly, the never-ending trend of decline dictates that, in fact, in a few years ME3 will be viewed maybe not as classic by itself but certainly 'not as bad as we thought' and 'good for what it is'.

See Oblivion and Fallout 3 for other examples.

Jarmaro

Liturgist

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
WJIvEB1.gif

GAYS STOP HARRASING POOR SJW BIOWARE! They are people too, well kinda, probably... hopefully?
BioWare responds to Mass Effect: Andromeda animation harassment

By Joe Donnelly 6 hours ago

"Attacking individuals, regardless of their involvement in the project, is never acceptable."

Despite racking up some impressive review scores, Mass Effect: Andromeda has come under fire for its lacklustre animations.
Due to launch to all tomorrow in the States and Thursday in Europe, BioWare has since told us these issues won't be addressed via a day one patch, however further patches are already in the works. The developer has now also responded to misdirected harassment levied at a female EA employee.

Speaking on Twitter, BioWare addressed feedback and player criticism, however drew the line at harassment, saying that "attacking individuals, regardless of their involvement in the project, is never acceptable." According to the developer, the employee in question was misidentified as a lead member of the Andromeda team.

View image on Twitter
C7OdF4hWwAIaiBl.jpg:small

Follow
t7oAL58Z_normal.jpg
BioWare

✔@bioware

10:00 PM - 18 Mar 2017

• 5,0005,000 Retweets

• 13,12913,129 likes

Mass Effect: Andromeda is due March 21 in North America and March 23 in Europe. Head in this direction for our review, over here for our early impressions, and this-a-way to discover why James hates its planet scanning system.

http://www.pcgamer.com/bioware-responds-to-mass-effect-andromeda-animation-harassment/

The guy who wrote that aught to be ashamed, the gaming press is supposed to inform the gaming customers, not act like an in house advertisement publication for developers, I know that hasn't been the case for years now, but they might as well just stop pretending it's so blatent. This is not an article, it is transparently EA marketing damage control, that guy is a whore at best. At worst, if they guy didn't get anything for writing that from EA then he is a pathetic fanboy cuck who has no business writing for any publication which reviews products.

Just look at his first line...

"Despite racking up some impressive review scores, Mass Effect: Andromeda has come under fire for its lacklustre animations."
Impressive
Review

Scores

Currently 75 on metacritic

Germany's biggest gaming magazine Gamestar gave it an 85 and a Gold Award for "Recommended by the editors". You could see this coming when they released some videos during the last few days which were designed to carefully push back against the torrent of criticism ("It's better than DAI" - which also got > 80).
Gamestar :retarded:

I remember how they tried to defend the ME3 ending back in 2012.

it could be worse.
the editor in chief of the leading (and only) italian videogaming magazine said, literally, word by word, "after learning of the indoctrination theory those who don't appreciate me3's ending don't understand shit and deserve all the call of dutys and medal of honors of this world".
such a huge amount of retardness concentrated into such a small thing created a black hole of idiocy.

Vorark

Erudite
Not sure where Bioware can go from here. Will the next ME feature sleeping with tentacle beasts because you like their personality? Actually hope this franchise survives now, it's turned into the perfect lulz-dispenser to brighten our jaded days.

Never say never:

B9HhRw3.jpg

And even it holds the pistols correctly.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
it could be worse.
the editor in chief of the leading (and only) italian videogaming magazine said, literally, word by word, "after learning of the indoctrination theory those who don't appreciate me3's ending don't understand shit and deserve all the call of dutys and medal of honors of this world".
such a huge amount of retardness concentrated into such a small thing created a black hole of idiocy.

Multiplayer?

Kaz

Novice
Has any sjw game dealt with transseuxality in a meaningful way btw? All I've seen is 1)Meet random NPC 2)Xie tells you xe's trans in the second sentence 3)Keep thinking that trannies are shallow people who are only defined by their sexual deviances (which seems plausible :M). Good job, SJW writers.
Since transexuality is a personal thing, I don't think there's a way to approach it in a video game without the character sounding like an attention whore ("look at me, I'm trans") or "educating" the player with an arrogant tone.

donkeymong

Scholar
Why would gays and trannies be brought on a colonization mission?

Its already theoretically possible for gays to have biological children together. One stemcell has just to be transformed into an egg:
http://time.com/3748019/same-sex-couples-biological-children/
There's even dialog in male homosexual romance that they want to have children.

Well, according to the Time article, scientists already made mices with two same sex parents. So its definetly possible . Even weirder, its possible to have a child with yourself...

Naveen

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Has any sjw game dealt with transseuxality in a meaningful way btw? All I've seen is 1)Meet random NPC 2)Xie tells you xe's trans in the second sentence 3)Keep thinking that trannies are shallow people who are only defined by their sexual deviances (which seems plausible :M). Good job, SJW writers.

If they did in a meaningful way they wouldn't be sjw. But answering your question, one of the characters in Technobabylon is a trans... something, transgenetic, I guess. He had once been a man but rewrote his whole genetic code (or something like that iirc) to become a woman.

donkeymong

Scholar
Not sure where Bioware can go from here. Will the next ME feature sleeping with tentacle beasts because you like their personality? Actually hope this franchise survives now, it's turned into the perfect lulz-dispenser to brighten our jaded days.

Never say never:

B9HhRw3.jpg

And even it holds the pistols correctly.

At least Blasto is smart enoug to hold two the pistols the right way.
The asari shrek couldnt even handle one.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
It's crazy it follows the suit in when a game uses Denuvo, it has strong problems.

Even normal players would pirate buggy mess without Denuvo.

it could be worse.

Multiplayer?
multiplayer are just retarded ignorants.

the quote belongs to stefano silvestri, "the games machine". one of them during gamersgate rose to popularity because of his bragging "i wrote a lot of reviews without even installing the game". he wasn't named but we all knew who he was.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom