Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

Grimlorn

Arcane
Disgusting. They stole Farscape's unity scene as well. :argh:

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I wonder what kind of trannyfication technology do they have in the ME universe.

I'm honestly legit surprised thay haven't come up with an optional quest and location to change the sex of the player character.

Then again, something like that may prove a very complex challenge for Bioware to pull off.

Weasel
Not sure where Bioware can go from here. Will the next ME feature sleeping with tentacle beasts because you like their personality? Actually hope this franchise survives now, it's turned into the perfect lulz-dispenser to brighten our jaded days.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Germany's biggest gaming magazine Gamestar gave it an 85 and a Gold Award for "Recommended by the editors". You could see this coming when they released some videos during the last few days which were designed to carefully push back against the torrent of criticism ("It's better than DAI" - which also got > 80).

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
I'm honestly legit surprised thay haven't come up with an optional quest and location to change the sex of the player character.

Then again, something like that may prove a very complex challenge for Bioware to pull off.
The Andromeda mission was succesful but your autistic sister was toying with the Trannyficator 4000(tm) unit on board of your ship and broke it, now you have to search the galaxy for parts(like with that map in KOTOR1) so you can become the womyn you were always meant to be -> that could be the main story of the game xD

Last edited:

Rev

Arcane
Why would gays and trannies be brought on a colonization mission?
No wonder everyone is gay when women look like this:

vrKISeR.jpg

The guy is a little hyperbolic. Also, he doesn't just outright call the writing what it is: childish.

Still, an incline over the posiive reviews which are FAKE NEWS at this point.
Inqusition was worse. Origins probably too.
Origins wasn't too bad actually. Choices and consequences, decent writing (apart from the darkspawn themselves), and the different origin choices were novel. Not enough likable characters though. Moragan was the only one I can remember liking offhand. Leliana was tolerable. And I think the game devs figured this out because they really milked both of these characters in every game/expansion afterward.

Inqusition seemed to be a lot more polished visually than DA2, but the writing was SJW garbage and the gameplay was MMO-lite.

DA:O was a decent game. DA:I was a bad game. DA2 was a hollow, soulless cashgrab - and a bad game.

It's weird that I've played quite a bit of Origins, with a few different characters just to see the different origin stories. I sort of enjoyed it at the time on the first play through, because I didn't know what to expect next, but if I reflect on it now I was bored shitless by more than half the game. The Mage origin, the starting area, the Deep roads, the elf forest, the mage tower, the ashes place and probably much more. The only areas I actually liked were the starting village, the city and the zombie village place, oh and (contrarian alert) I didn't mind the fade that much. Also the characters and writing were pretty bland and I figure most D&D players could roll more interesting characters in a few minutes, so I don't understand it being praised for its' writing. Basically it was solid enough but nothing exceptional and it was worth the money because I did have some enjoyable moments that I can remember in it.

Speaking of writing, Biowares writing has always been pretty bad, so I don't know how they ever got such a reputation. Though it's servicable and fits perfectly into brainless comic book level stories like Mass effect 1 and KOTOR, in fact (further contrarian warning) I actually think that KOTOR has more fitting writing than KOTOR2, which to me is jarring having intellectual writing and deconstructive dialouge exploring the nature of the lore in a game about space magic with wookies, it's like having Bertolt Brecht write a Transformers movie.

HansDampf

Arcane
Germany's biggest gaming magazine Gamestar gave it an 85 and a Gold Award for "Recommended by the editors". You could see this coming when they released some videos during the last few days which were designed to carefully push back against the torrent of criticism ("It's better than DAI" - which also got > 80).
Gamestar :retarded:

I remember how they tried to defend the ME3 ending back in 2012.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I can't wait for the next BioWare game. This level of incompetence can only be the product of advanced affirmative action in hiring practices, coupled with a corporate culture in which telling indypyndynt wymyn and curry-Americans "no" or criticizing their work in any way is considered rape and/or colonialism. Letting bad decisions ride because of internal politics or face-saving has always been a component of corporate culture, but I'll bet it's completely out of control at a shitshow like BioWare.

A single competent director willing to speak up was all it would have taken to get the incompetent animator(s) fired and whip the project back into shape.
Isn't this made by different studio than ME?

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
I can't wait for the next BioWare game. This level of incompetence can only be the product of advanced affirmative action in hiring practices, coupled with a corporate culture in which telling indypyndynt wymyn and curry-Americans "no" or criticizing their work in any way is considered rape and/or colonialism. Letting bad decisions ride because of internal politics or face-saving has always been a component of corporate culture, but I'll bet it's completely out of control at a shitshow like BioWare.

A single competent director willing to speak up was all it would have taken to get the incompetent animator(s) fired and whip the project back into shape.
Different BioWare sub-studio.

Rev

Arcane
It's only 3 years until Mass Effect 3 will be considered classic :negative:
Nah, ME3 will always be remembered for that terrible ending. The only thing that changed is that it will no longer be considered the game that killed Mass Effect, since that's ME:A now.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik

Different BioWare sub-studio.
Original EA studio renamed to Bioware?

Formerly known as EA2D, BioWare San Francisco developed the browser-based Mirror's Edge 2D and Dragon Age Legends, as well as The Fancy Pants Adventures and AWOL. Dragon Age Legends was closed down in May 2012 because of declining participation.

The studio was given the BioWare moniker in August 2011. EA hasn't yet commented on the reasons for the closure but sources say the Redwood Shores, CA region is "too expensive" for mobile game development.
This was renamed to Bioware.

Last edited:

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Has any sjw game dealt with transseuxality in a meaningful way btw? All I've seen is 1)Meet random NPC 2)Xie tells you xe's trans in the second sentence 3)Keep thinking that trannies are shallow people who are only defined by their sexual deviances (which seems plausible :M). Good job, SJW writers.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I can tell you with clarity that Dragon Age 2 will remain bioware's weakest game.
Inqusition was worse. Origins probably too.

This is my personal order of preference, most tolerable to least tolerable. Haven't played DA:I (not going to) nor Andromeda (probably will give it a spin).

ME1 > DA:O > ME2 = DA2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ME3

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom