Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

EtcEtcEtc

Savant
If Gamespot gave it a 6 and IGN a 7.7 - then it's likely far worse then they are reviewing. I'd say Rock Paper Shotgun's review appears to be the most honest.

Dollars to donuts that 3 years from now all the outlets giving it an 8 or higher will be writing preview articles of Mass Effect Inquisitive Pathfinder Origins, saying how shitty Andromeda was, but now Bioware has fixed it!

GrainWetski

Arcane
This thing is 99% Inquisition in space, so it has a chance to duke it out for the worst game from this company.
Andromeda is just Inqustion in space with many copy-pasted features, but I already mentioned it before with examples.
It won't be the worst game from bioware, nothing will ever be worse than Neverwinter Nights. In andromeda you can at least go hiking around, in NVN you would vomit after hour of looking at game.

Every single NWN module is better than this game(and DA2, Inquisition, Mass Effect 3..).

EtcEtcEtc

Savant
The correct amount would be zero, since regular guys don't buy games for their FREE time to be lectured about such things.
"Sad", nazi, but true.

It's also bad writing. If being anti-trans, etc is being on the "wrong side of history" then 200+ years in the future being "trans" should be 100% accepted, and people won't be dumping this on you in casual conversation.

Kaz

Novice
Choice and Consequence
Perhaps most significantly, they made the bold decision to remove good/evil responses that have been a mainstay of the developers’ RPGs, but they’ve failed to replace them with anything close to as meaningful. As a result, they’ve essentially removed the majority of choice at all. At one point you’re offered an extremely significant deal that contains an element that’s tantamount to extortion. In any other BioWare game before you’d argue this, perhaps choose it as the lesser of two evils, or reject it based on principle. Here you get two choices: to accept it, or accept it while making a joke. It’s quite bizarre how far they’ve gone in removing the illusion of autonomy, while still seeming to think they’re offering dialogue choice.
So now the engine is the only difference between a Bioware game and a Telltale point-and-laugh.

jfK115l.png
Oh god... I know it might sound harsh but don't they realize that sterile people (like trannies and gays) have no place in a colony?

Falksi

Arcane
I'd be interested to hear from those who have played Andromeda how close it id to DA:I.
I loved DA:O, detested DA:2, and could barely play DA:I. Id Andromeda really that similar to DA:I?

Trash

Pointing and laughing.

Watched this review. Defenitely not the best out there but it gave me a pretty good impression of what to expect. Some of this looks like the kind of space opera that I cannot help but dig. Everything else looks rushed, poorly done and tailored for the lowest common denominator. DA: I all over again. Thanks but no thanks.

Though I did chuckle about the part where he mentions that you make planets more liveable for your own species. No matter who lives there already. Biowares very own genocide adventure?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Prepare your screenshot taking finger brothers, we must soon forever mark the cucks that pretend to be Codexers that will be playing this turd after release.

mastroego

Arcane
The correct amount would be zero, since regular guys don't buy games for their FREE time to be lectured about such things.
I think the same way, but you must be pretty sensitive to feel lectured after this dialogue :M
Are you kidding? The moment it was being written some purple haired landwhale was 100% in lecturing mode, feeling all smug and shit about "showing it" to their target audience.
Are you going to deny this self-evident truth?

J1M

Arcane
Having played 10 hours of Andromeda, I can tell you with clarity that Dragon Age 2 will remain bioware's weakest game.
So you like it? Elaborate, if you would.
There is a lot of wasted potential and the writing is garbage. The krogan, my least favorite race in the original, comes off as the most interesting due to the dive in quality for everything else.

Maybe I am a sucker for space exploration, but the combat here is certainly better than DA2, where waves of enemies spawned on top of you out of thin air and auto-attack was the most effective strategy.

I like it enough to keep playing, but 7/10 is pretty accurate.

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
Question: The two main characters are siblings, is there an option to fuck your sister in Andromeda? I think this would be very progressive, there are already fags, lesbos, aliens...so why not some sweet brother/sister incest?

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Question: The two main characters are siblings, is there an option to fuck your sister in Andromeda? I think this would be very progressive, there are already fags, lesbos, aliens...so why not some sweet brother/sister incest?
It's spelled wincest.

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
Having played 10 hours of Andromeda, I can assure you that Dragon Age 2 will remain bioware's worst game.
I dont know about that, I played through the DA series a while back because I was having suicidal thoughts at the time and I thought playing that series might be the push I needed, but anyways, I suprisingly had more fun (i use this term loosely) playing DA2 than I did playing DAI.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom