Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elite: Dangerous

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here

Character creation and multi-crew is in. If they keep up development this game could have a lot of cool shit in it a few years from now, and Star Citizen will be long dead by then.

Plenty of cool shit, like inviting your friends realistic 3D models , have a stroll in superb 3D ships environments .... to convey goods A from station x to station Y, with the usual npc interdiction in he middle.

Yeah, the basic setup is still pretty lame. Hoping that as they expand features they'll come up with some actual fun gameplay.

Mortmal

Arcane

Character creation and multi-crew is in. If they keep up development this game could have a lot of cool shit in it a few years from now, and Star Citizen will be long dead by then.

Plenty of cool shit, like inviting your friends realistic 3D models , have a stroll in superb 3D ships environments .... to convey goods A from station x to station Y, with the usual npc interdiction in he middle.

Yeah, the basic setup is still pretty lame. Hoping that as they expand features they'll come up with some actual fun gameplay.

Been years we have been waiting for that, they can do very good looking games , but that's all they can do . They are completely inept for fun gameplay. I would bet more on star citizen for the fun gameplay stilleven if i am highly skeptical about it.

Trojan_generic

Magister
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Obligatory after the pics above:

130429153654-zambia-space-program-op-ed-entertain-feature.jpg

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Unbelievable that I spent over 200 hours in this game because it was looking good, and been doing shit all the time. :lol:These modern games are so pointless.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Unbelievable that I spent over 200 hours in this game because it was looking good, and been doing shit all the time. :lol:These modern games are so pointless.
I don't want to break it for you, but nobody spends 200 hours with a game just because of the graphics. You spend that time because you enjoy what you are doing.

praetor

Arcane
I don't want to break it for you, but nobody spends 200 hours with a game just because of the graphics. You spend that time because you enjoy what you are doing.

that's the thing, though. replace "graphics" with "presentation" to be a bit more broad (and include the flying of the ship), and this game can easily hook you for ~100h doing menial, boring tasks because it's pretty and the ship flying/shooting is awesome. but if you start even thinking if there's any depth to the actions that you do, any complexity whatsoever, you'll be disappointed/mad because, at its very core, it's one of the shallowest, grindiest games ever made. it's soul-crushing when you can see all this potential for the universe, the missions, the factions, the economic system, every goddamned core mechanic, but the devs only see grinding, CQC, commander creator, PowerPlay and assorted idiotic bullshit. i think that's another of the big reasons why people get so much from "love to bits" to "hate with the ardour of 10000000 galaxies" with this game :(

Stokowski

Arcane

I enjoyed Oblivion? How the hell did that happen?

DraQ

Arcane

I enjoyed Oblivion? How the hell did that happen?
Well, it never looked good either.

Mortmal

Arcane

Nothing worth watching on tv, no social life,reasons to spend so much time are numerous and obvious... Even finding good video games is hard, when a sandbox game even on early access with few content , bugs and lag is released , people massively buy it.Conan is a perfect example recently, thats how desesperate people are, i am not kidding.So elite is not so bad to waste time on as long you still get the illusion of freedom, hoping to find something, chatting to friends.It beats going to the pub.It's still very depressing.

Burning Bridges

Yeah, new games are complete garbage, we're just desperately playing with anything that throws quick flashing images on our retinas, like junkies playing with their needles.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't buy this. :roll: Not until you have played every good games from the last 3 decades and you really don't have anything to play with.

Burning Bridges

But I tell ya, the new games are all shit and if you think otherwise you're living in a safe space where games are still what they used to be.
I play embarassing shit like Subnautica and Stranded Deep because there is nothing else to do, except gauge out my eyes with a screwdriver perhaps.
Just imagine someone with a modicum of talent made a game like Ultima Underworld with todays graphics (and that was just 1 release among a dozen in 1992).
Instead we get is kickstarter Piles of shit, Numanuma shit etc and unfinished survival crap on Steam like The Long Dark shit, i.e. in one word: SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

Mortmal

Arcane
I don't buy this. :roll: Not until you have played every good games from the last 3 decades and you really don't have anything to play with.
I certainly did play everything , older stuff than 3 decades even . I was there at the begining.

Mortmal

Arcane
But I tell ya, the new games are all shit and if you think otherwise you're living in a safe space where games are still what they used to be.
I play embarassing shit like Subnautica and Stranded Deep because there is nothing else to do, except gauge out my eyes with a screwdriver perhaps.
Just imagine someone with a modicum of talent made a game like Ultima Underworld with todays graphics (and that was just 1 release among a dozen in 1992).
Instead we get is kickstarter Piles of shit, Numanuma shit etc and unfinished survival crap on Steam like The Long Dark shit, i.e. in one word: SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET
Subnautica is not so embarassing, its unfinished early access few content but it's looking pretty.. Oh well you are right.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
There are so many good games that I don't have time to play them all. RWR, TWE, TWOM, S, S, S, DD, SH, DS, DRTC, Cs etc. :shittydog:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom