Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGCodex and the Dunning-Kruger effect

Unwanted

Charles Eli Cheese

Neckbeard Shitlord
Edgy Shitposter
I think it is apparent to most people the majority of this site's community is young teens and/or low functioning adults who love drama. But, do you believe the majority of a community can suffer from the same delusional thinking? I say yes, and I think the Dunning-Kruger effect perfectly fits. Why? Just read the latest game review or peruse the Asian game forum or general rpg forum. Hell, I started a thread about the recent Dutch vote in off-topic and it was deleted. I guess the Dutch voting is too much for the members of this site to bear.

What say you?

And since you are most likely 12 and/or a low functioning adult you have no idea what the Dunning-Kruger effect is so I will link it for this special community.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

You're welcome, kids. Enjoy!

P.S. There is no connection to my account and Roqua's account. I think the staff have us confused because he wasn't retarded and liked rpgs and I am not retarded and also like rpgs. Chances are if you like rpgs and aren't a complete fucking idiot they will also think you are Roqua.

Psychology is just some made up jew nonsense. Go eat a dick.

Unwanted

Charles Eli Cheese

Neckbeard Shitlord
Edgy Shitposter
Low functioning means you don't have the mental capabilities of taking care of yourself. I don't believe there any literal retards on the Codex.

By the way you wrote these words

"I'll kill you."

"Listen, I know its hard for an invalid, who has been protected by the system and sheltered inside his whole life due to being useless and unemployed, to understand why people just don’t cross certain lines, but I need you to understand something. I’m going to hurt you bad. Old, retarded, invalid, it doesn’t matter now. When I see you, no matter how pathetic you look, I’m going to fucking rape every orifice of your body and then pee in them all. I know you feel safe, locked in your filthy, section-8 apartment, posting on the internet where no one can physically get to you. And you’ll probably feel that way until I kick in your door, kick in your teeth, and stick my cock in your ass. And I know how pathetic you are, that’s why your comment really didn’t get me mad. You are lacking the mental capacity to understand you don’t talk about other people’s kids, and especially don’t wish them death. You just can’t understand that or anything beyond lying on the internet all day. And keep in mind that while I’m washing the jism I shot in your eyes out with my urine stream, that I’m not doing it out of hate, since I can’t hate the truly pathetic. I’ll actually be doing it because your parents didn’t know how to raise someone right and ended up producing you. Think of it as tough-love. I’m also going to break all your fingers so you can’t do the one thing you can do and look forward to: type on the internet to much.

Anyways, I miss you and wish you were here. I want to give you some love."

Somehow I doubt YES! could kill anyone on this board, he is obviously brown and a homo dicksucker.

Baardhaas

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here
Hell, I started a thread about the recent Dutch vote in off-topic and it was deleted.
It was moved to retardoland because it is a low quality shitpost masked as a thread about the Dutch elections.

I guess the Dutch voting is too much for the members of this site to bear.
There actually already was a thread about that topic in the politics sub-forum. You're welcome to participate. Your other account should be able to visit that part of the Codex.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Hell, I started a thread about the recent Dutch vote in off-topic and it was deleted.
It was moved to retardoland because it is a low quality shitpost masked as a thread about the Dutch elections.

I guess the Dutch voting is too much for the members of this site to bear.
There actually already was a thread about that topic in the politics sub-forum. You're welcome to participate. Your other account should be able to visit that part of the Codex.

What other account? My Infinitron account? And what is a high quality shitpost? The rest in the forum I originally posted it in?

Bibbimbop

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
What other account? My Infinitron account? And what is a high quality shitpost? The rest in the forum I originally posted it in?

Is your wife still cucking you in your open relationship, Roqua?

(reported myself for obvious
TrumpYes.png
harvesting )

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which low-ability individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly assessing their ability as much higher than it really is.

Your points articulate my core point. If this site was about wine, you guys are occasional drinkers of Boones and some other shit wine. Whereas I am a wine connoisseur and only drink wine and know all about wine. You guys are tourists and have no place when it comes to any worthwhile discussion about wine.

No one intelligent claims they can be successful at Fall Out's combat without save scuming

:hmmm:

Dunning-Kruger effect is obviously in display when we're ranting about how shit every major developer is, and how the ones making some effort to create games that we'd like are even more shit, and how everything could be made great so damn easily if only the world's retards hadn't somehow managed to pull off a total corporate raid to gain total sovereignty over all aspects of the gaming industry.

But nearly everyone at the Codex, including the worst purveyors of such rants, is aware of this already. Most people post here for fun.

Which makes sense. If you were interested in improving crpgs and believe 20% or more or what you say on the Codex, you'd do what VD did, and pour your savings and years of your life into entering game development. The guy worked in marketing FFS, it's not like any of us can use lack of coding/software development knowledge as an excuse. Conversely, if you were primarily interested in filling in small amounts of free time in an interesting and fun manner, you'd rage about games on the Codex.

So whilst the Codex might be an example of the Dunning-Kruger effect, it's quite a strange self-aware version of an effect that is based on (and is very nearly synonymous to, at least insofar as lack of insight seems to be a premise of the effect) a lack of self-awareness.

If you want to see the full Dunning-Kruger effect in action, read any blog/newspaper/movement/forum that doesn't realise that the vast majority of people browse the internet for light amusement, place negliglible importance on the conversations they have online, and even when arguing about something 'serious' they're doing it for light amusement to occupy the 3 minute wait for their bus to arrive.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which low-ability individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly assessing their ability as much higher than it really is.

Your points articulate my core point. If this site was about wine, you guys are occasional drinkers of Boones and some other shit wine. Whereas I am a wine connoisseur and only drink wine and know all about wine. You guys are tourists and have no place when it comes to any worthwhile discussion about wine.

No one intelligent claims they can be successful at Fall Out's combat without save scuming

:hmmm:

So you are saying you can get through F0 1 and 2 with a combat build without reloading for the major battles? This means killing all the deathclaws in the cave, killing all the raiders who kidnapped the girl, etc, killing all the slavers, etc. You are either lying or using a mod that makes combat not work.

You are severely retarded and I am 100% sure there is no game, rpg or action game with heavy rpg elements, that you could even somewhat come close to be as successful as I am in every conceivable way. I challenge you right now to some sort of challenge for a game that isn't hipster shit but is a real rpg or action game with heavy rpg elements or mmorpg. I will fucking crush your little child mind like a fucking vice. We will need a third party to moderate and make the rules. This person cannot be retarded or an enemy of rpgs.
The Roqua and Cleve AI's need to get together in an epic rap battle.

I'd pay good money to see that.

What evidence do you have that I am roqua? How exactly are our accounts linked. And I'm sure Roqua would love to do anything with Cleve that would result in Cleve presenting him a finished copy of Grimiore. As would I.

Dunning-Kruger effect is obviously in display when we're ranting about how shit every major developer is, and how the ones making some effort to create games that we'd like are even more shit, and how everything could be made great so damn easily if only the world's retards hadn't somehow managed to pull off a total corporate raid to gain total sovereignty over all aspects of the gaming industry.

But nearly everyone at the Codex, including the worst purveyors of such rants, is aware of this already. Most people post here for fun.

Which makes sense. If you were interested in improving crpgs and believe 20% or more or what you say on the Codex, you'd do what VD did, and pour your savings and years of your life into entering game development. The guy worked in marketing FFS, it's not like any of us can use lack of coding/software development knowledge as an excuse. Conversely, if you were primarily interested in filling in small amounts of free time in an interesting and fun manner, you'd rage about games on the Codex.

So whilst the Codex might be an example of the Dunning-Kruger effect, it's quite a strange self-aware version of an effect that is based on (and is very nearly synonymous to, at least insofar as lack of insight seems to be a premise of the effect) a lack of self-awareness.

If you want to see the full Dunning-Kruger effect in action, read any blog/newspaper/movement/forum that doesn't realise that the vast majority of people browse the internet for light amusement, place negliglible importance on the conversations they have online, and even when arguing about something 'serious' they're doing it for light amusement to occupy the 3 minute wait for their bus to arrive.

You are saying that a wine connesiour who loves great wine has no choice but to whine about wine online with a bunch of possers who don't actually like wine or make good wine himself? That is not very reasonable or realistic. I cannot quit my job and keep my house, cars, pay child support and alimony to my wife who will divorce, etc. I am stuck doing what I am doing.

At one point I thought about making games, but most game developers do not like playing games because they make them. I enjoy playing games. Playing crpgs is my hobby.

And if you were around prior to your join date you may remember the last time there were real rpg developers making rpgs and the same type of fucking retards attacking them viciously because they are short sited retards. All these companies closed. All their games are now considered classics. From MMX, WL2, PoE, Tyrrany, TToN. Attacking real rpgs made by non-indie studios is biting off your nose to spite your face if you actually believe you like rpgs.

This was not true of this site then. Only people who actually liked rpgs posted here, defending the real rpg makers. The other sites had these vicious rpg hating animals. Now rpgcodex is a far more destructive community for real rpgs than any other game site. It did a complete 180.

My assessment and diagnosis of this community is accurate. The proof is in the posts. Just browse around.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I think it is apparent to most people the majority of this site's community is young teens and/or low functioning adults who love drama. But, do you believe the majority of a community can suffer from the same delusional thinking? I say yes, and I think the Dunning-Kruger effect perfectly fits. Why? Just read the latest game review or peruse the Asian game forum or general rpg forum. Hell, I started a thread about the recent Dutch vote in off-topic and it was deleted. I guess the Dutch voting is too much for the members of this site to bear.

What say you?

And since you are most likely 12 and/or a low functioning adult you have no idea what the Dunning-Kruger effect is so I will link it for this special community.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

You're welcome, kids. Enjoy!

P.S. There is no connection to my account and Roqua's account. I think the staff have us confused because he wasn't retarded and liked rpgs and I am not retarded and also like rpgs. Chances are if you like rpgs and aren't a complete fucking idiot they will also think you are Roqua.

Psychology is just some made up jew nonsense. Go eat a dick.

Roqua, you cannot possibly let this slide, come on.

Self-Ejected

Barnabas

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shitposter
Why do they call it the Dunning Krueger Effect seems like a complicated name for retard

Doktor Best

Arcane
I have never, not even in the darkest corners of the internet, met a person who is more obviously projecting his homosexuality than Roqua. This is combined with his deep rooted homophobia also the reason he is the most entertaining codexian all around.

Keep up the good work my friend.

:excellent:

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
I think it is apparent to most people the majority of this site's community is young teens and/or low functioning adults who love drama.

you have no idea what the Dunning-Kruger effect is

In psychology this is referred to as mental projection.

Here's the ugly truth: 99% of the people on the codex are normal people.

But DrogFireFart, they're retarded

Most people are in fact "dumb" when it comes to anonymity. There's every few actual mentally challenged people here. Lots of trolls. Mostly normal people looking to entertain themselves.

You are not a special snowflake.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
What evidence do you have that I am roqua? How exactly are our accounts linked.
JavaScript version, os, and screen resolution all match in the server logs.

Same themes and obsessive use of keywords - identical, demented writing style.

I don't delete, change titles, move shit around, split posts for no reasons, accept money from devs to keep threads pure and shut down nonconformist thought, move 90% of your threads to retardoland, tec.

All these things are very rude and I really don't understand exactly what I have done to be targeted by you fucking retards. Couldn't your whore mothers keep a guy around long enough to teach you ill-bred console loving pansies some of the more basic manners and/or common courtesies?

Exactly what did I do to garner so much hate from the staff here? I try hard very hard to be kind and courteous and be a constructive poster. I have never once said anything bad about any of you monkey idiots - no matter how retarded you all are. I make professional and thoughtful posts, trying to bring a smile here and there to the couple people who like me, and the next time I log in all my posts are retardoed for no reason.

Other people make a post about Zelda in the jrpg forums even though it isn't a jrpg and that is just dandy. I make a post about Zelda in the jrpg forums and it gets retardoed by some retard.

I know you fucking degenerate console loving savages prefer your pictolanguage to communicate with, but this seems a simple enough concept that I would not need to draw pictures to get it understood. How would you retards like it if I started calling Rugby Tennis, or swimming running? Maybe I should call Golfing Gymnastics? Maybe call Ice Skating basketball.

What I am looking for is A) to have you retards leave my shit alone. Or b) have you retards tell me exactly what I did to deserve this treatment when I have done nothing to deserve it that I am aware of other than try and bring some class to this console site.

RPGDOT isn't the culprit. People bashing rpgs for being rpgs and not some console shit with lite rpg elements. These people, like the community of rpgwatch today (though less true than that of rpgcodex which is just full blown mega retard console hipsters) just bash the shit out of real rpgs relentlessly doing real and significant damage to real rpg developers. What lesson does this teach developers? Make shitty rpg like hipster shit or some other type of safe game that is far easier to make than real rpgs.

It is impossible to have a conversation with retards or people who do not even like the genre. The only people that seem to be able to string a coherent sentence together are some how drama mad sycophants who are far too filled with rage to have an actual debate with.

Like everything on this site it will devolve into a retard fight unless the topic is an Asian game. Asian games are universally loved for being childish and sometimes including extremely rpg lite elements.

Also, I hope you do not think I would write Roqua on my account and then state I am not him. I am not the retard here, everyone else in the thread is. This statement is far more insulting to me than any of the other mean and horrible things people have said about me in this thread. Please, give me an ounce of credit for not being the usual codex level of dumb where I could see one of these long legged monkeys doing that.

There is no connection to my account and Roqua's account. I think the staff have us confused because he wasn't retarded and liked rpgs and I am not retarded and also like rpgs. Chances are if you like rpgs and aren't a complete fucking idiot they will also think you are Roqua.

Last edited:

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
The Roqua and Cleve AI's need to get together in an epic rap battle.

I'd pay good money to see that.

What evidence do you have that I am roqua? How exactly are our accounts linked.
JavaScript version, os, and screen resolution all match in the server logs.

How many people have the same exact all three? That doesn't even show if I have a potato or a decent system. You have nothing but the collapsing of the infrastructure of your third worldish country and a high probability of being killed in some weird post apocalypse car race through the desert.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
I think it is apparent to most people the majority of this site's community is young teens and/or low functioning adults who love drama.

you have no idea what the Dunning-Kruger effect is

In psychology this is referred to as mental projection.

Here's the ugly truth: 99% of the people on the codex are normal people.

But DrogFireFart, they're retarded

Most people are in fact "dumb" when it comes to anonymity. There's every few actual mentally challenged people here. Lots of trolls. Mostly normal people looking to entertain themselves.

You are not a special snowflake.

Sure, if normal means retarded. How old are you? I bet young because all you fuckers are wicked dumb. What is normal intelligence for your generation is a fucking retard for mine.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom