Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

bat_boro

Arcane
6edf2cbde3.jpg

PHHmcK8.jpg

Bioware taking the bogpill, who would have thought

DeepOcean

Arcane
Dude, I was just shitposting that it was retarded for you to start a game going on another galaxy and start shooting unknown bipedal aliens on the face on the first 10 mins when said aliens have ships and could blow you the fucking up by just being on Andromeda alot longer and having a potentially big military machine when you only have one shitty ship and one huge Ark ship that is a big target for all those military assets to shoot and anihilate the whole thing.

On the premise Bioware chosen, you are the underdog and have to work with the natives to survive, it is pretty good material for conflict that I think Bioware will waste. The question of colonialism, obvious this isn't 16th century but that isn't the point but that you are the new kids on the block and need to learn how the new galaxy work and how you can use things on you favor to survive. The whole thing is awesome material for good writers and kinda has some parallels with the discovery of the americas thing with you discovering a whole new place and installing colonies.

I don't know why you say there are no parallels, there are thousands of people on those Arks, they are going there to install colonies, they aren't there just chilling out sleeping. How installing those colonies will be seen by the aliens that already live there? Are they going to like it? Are they going to allow it?

I don't know why colonialism triggered you, it had its good sides and bad sides both the europeans and the indians weren't exactly angels but all the stuff I mentioned could be used on interesting ways on the story.

About the natives being useless because they are on the stone age on my idea, keep in mind that on North America, the indians quickly learned how to use horses and muskets and were essential cannon fodder for both the french and the english forming entire nations and confederations quickly that were a pain in the ass to defeat, the english were lucky most of them died of disease before the first serious colonization efforts started otherswise it would be a pain in the ass conquering the North America, maybe even impossible. Here on Brazil, whole "useless stone age tribes" were the ones that guaranteed the portuguese survival, it was the indians that saved the portuguese ass many times from the competion with Holland and France for the conquering of Brazil, those contries rallied opposing enemy tribes on their behalf against the portuguese allied tribes many times.

Later the people on those tribes that were loyal with the portuguese would recieve christian names and titles to the point that they would fuse with the portuguese on towns to the point of assimilation. The natives weren't innocent retards but used the portuguese as much as they used them. On the case of Mass Effect "primitive" is relative, they could be extremely advanced races in comparison with today's earth but still way inferior tech wise with the advanced races, same way the kroogans were, they were primitive in comparison with the Asari and salarian.

TL;DR: Anyway, it is a waste of time talking about this when the game in question is utter shit.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
It just hit me, that people everywhere are saying patch should remove make-up at all, beceause npcs look ugly with it. You get it? Make-up, something that by definition is used to make you prettier, makes you ugly in this game.
How can one fuck up something to this point?

J1M

Arcane
Dude, I was just shitposting that it was retarded for you to start a game going on another galaxy and start shooting unknown bipedal aliens on the face on the first 10 mins when said aliens have ships and could blow you the fucking up by just being on Andromeda alot longer and having a potentially big military machine when you only have one shitty ship and one huge Ark ship that is a big target for all those military assets to shoot and anihilate the whole thing.

On the premise Bioware chosen, you are the underdog and have to work with the natives to survive, it is pretty good material for conflict that I think Bioware will waste. The question of colonialism, obvious this isn't 16th century but that isn't the point but that you are the new kids on the block and need to learn how the new galaxy work and how you can use things on you favor to survive. The whole thing is awesome material for good writers and kinda has some parallels with the discovery of the americas thing with you discovering a whole new place and installing colonies.

I don't know why you say there are no parallels, there are thousands of people on those Arks, they are going there to install colonies, they aren't there just chilling out sleeping. How installing those colonies will be seen by the aliens that already live there? Are they going to like it? Are they going to allow it?

I don't know why colonialism triggered you, it had its good sides and bad sides both the europeans and the indians weren't exactly angels but all the stuff I mentioned could be used on interesting ways on the story.

About the natives being useless because they are on the stone age on my idea, keep in mind that on North America, the indians quickly learned how to use horses and muskets and were essential cannon fodder for both the french and the english forming entire nations and confederations quickly that were a pain in the ass to defeat, the english were lucky most of them died of disease before the first serious colonization efforts started otherswise it would be a pain in the ass conquering the North America, maybe even impossible. Here on Brazil, whole "useless stone age tribes" were the ones that guaranteed the portuguese survival, it was the indians that saved the portuguese ass many times from the competion with Holland and France for the conquering of Brazil, those contries rallied opposing enemy tribes on their behalf against the portuguese allied tribes many times.

Later the people on those tribes that were loyal with the portuguese would recieve christian names and titles to the point that they would fuse with the portuguese on towns to the point of assimilation. The natives weren't innocent retards but used the portuguese as much as they used them. On the case of Mass Effect "primitive" is relative, they could be extremely advanced races in comparison with today's earth but still way inferior tech wise with the advanced races, same way the kroogans were, they were primitive in comparison with the Asari and salarian.

TL;DR: Anyway, it is a waste of time talking about this when the game in question is utter shit.
Yes, most people forget that the indian's ancestors had hunted the original american horses to extinction. The concept of a horse, and riding one, was advanced technology that they quickly assimilated into their culture.

Doktor Best

Arcane

who the fuck comes up with that straight from tumblr shit? why would EA pay anyone to write that crap?

loled at kill.me.now. salarians as always the only saving part of Mass Effect

This could indeed turn out to be very entertaining, in all the wrong ways.

Last edited:
It strikes me that another game did this "whole new game universe set hundreds of years in the future where nothing you did mattered" thing. It was also infested with SJWs unable to make a proper game to save their life. Guild Wars 2. And from the looks of it the most fun thing in ME:A is verticality and jumping around on stuff like a platformer, exactly like GW2.

giphy.gif

this is actually pretty cool. vanguard is the only way to play those games since ME2 :obviously:

Looks like a DMC prototype.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
It just hit me, that people everywhere are saying patch should remove make-up at all, beceause npcs look ugly with it. You get it? Make-up, something that by definition is used to make you prettier, makes you ugly in this game.
That actually makes it very accurate.

Santander02

Arcane
CODEX EXCLUSIVE

The silver bullet that finally kills Bioware...

https://webmshare.com/Dm8wX

:d1p:

Someone should really stamp morgoth's current avatar on that toilet paper. Nobody gets the joke anymore nowadays I'd wager.

I hope you understand spanish.

That video missed the mark, the point is that the facial expressions are atrociously hilarious, not that they don't have facial expressions at all.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom