Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
The fuck is wrong with interface in the bottom part? Repeated small texture or something? Looks awful.
Ugly banding from widescreen mod's crop-paste in order to fill space. It's more noticeable in IWD than in BG due to the UI textures. I've made a fix-patch for 1280x720 res here

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
503598F120D731F26061736DB1924AE6C4065353

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I heard the main character from Drakengard on PS3 is nymphomaniac... so maybe....this game share "features" between installments? :M

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Bluff Eversmoking! :love:

jYyzcUC.jpg

J9GmXo5.jpg

This Kira chick must be the hottest piece of Russian totty since Anna Kournikova. I hope she's worth it.
4Dy77Ac.jpg

Even the aliens have a hots for her, but she's a feisty one:
8e4Q70N.jpg

Noooo! Too late. Wait, maybe she's still warm....(no).
ylqlq2w.jpg

DramaticPopcorn

https://www.patreon.com/pandp

P and P is creating Adult Video Games

patrons

$2,815
per month

:what:

That's barely scratching the surface, man. This guy makes 15k USD a month, and he's just one dude, without any team whatsoever:

The top cat in adult games at the moment is fenoxo (https://www.patreon.com/user?u=121401), a lone guy who racks in 28K$ patreonbux monthly. He made that Corruption of the Champions text adventure. Apprently, he has private forums for patreons where they submit their stories and then he puts them in his game... So people ACTUALLY pay him to develop the game. Not even EA or Ubisoft are this goddamn crafty.

I started following this fascinating scene ever since I learned of Breeding Season (http://www.pcgamer.com/breeding-season-game-cancelled/) who were making 33 fucking thousands a month and after milking their patrons for 2 years, they just canceled the project. Much butthurt was had by all :lol::lol::lol:

Amateur western adult gamedev is the funniest fucking shit, I swear dudes

schru

Arcane
The rusted chains of prison moons
Are shattered by the sun.
I walk a road, horizons change
The tournament's begun.
octavius, it seems like you have a problem with multitexturing in Unreal, a rendering setting that does not work right on modern graphics cards (perhaps also with brightness – can you change its levels?).

Here are screenshots of some of the same places that you posted with multitexturing off (I am using official high-resolution textures, but their tone is more or less the same):

2dyk1YE.jpg

gvy4WnP.jpg

Zwqz2bF.jpg

kFl3ab2.jpg

lZlqzun.jpg

Here's the first scene again with multitexturing turned on, note the greyish overlay and generally less intense colours of the sky:

0cqqDlG.jpg

It is best to install the Old Unreal fan-patch to get renderers that are more compatible with modern cards (to solve the brightness problem if you have it), then open advanced settings by typing preferences in the console, and turn off multitexturing under the particular renderer you are using.

When multitexturing is turned off, the only effect that does not look right is volumetric fog, but that is only used in the introductory fly-over scene and in one map in Unreal Tournament, but it seems like it is a problem that Epic themselves never bothered to solve, as some maps' thumb-nails show the same bug with the sky textures.

Last edited:

octavius

Arcane
Patron
schru, thanks for the tips.

My game actually looks better in-game than in the screenshots. I use IrfanView for screen capping, but it seems to cap them at the default Gamma level, thus making them darker than they look in-game.

I recall there being all kinds of video and renderer settings when I last played the game 15+ years ago, but couldn't find any advanced settings this time, so I just assumed that all settings had been cranked up to max on the GOG version.
But I tried your suggestion, and it actually made a noticeable difference, making the game somewhat brighter and sharper.

I was thinking of using the HD textures, but a half-assed search didn't turn up any working link for the whole package. So I didn't bother, since the orignal textures still look damned good on higher resolutions.

schru

Arcane
You're welcome. I use IrfanView too, there's probably a function for taking screenshots with accurate gamma, but I just increase the gamma by 0.3 which seems to match how the game looks. It's just that I couldn't change brightness at all on my system without that patch.

As for the textures, they're not exactly preferable as they contain some bugs (inverted monitors, moons cut into separate parts), but in case you'd like to try them, this site has the original package and there was one for Tournament too (with some highly questionable choices): http://www.unrealtexture.com/Unreal...s/ExtremeEnd/StockUnreal/UnrealExtremeEnd.htm
The renderer you're using needs S3TC enabled for them to work.

On a side note, I think it's possible to have both the skies and volumetric fog work right with a wrapper like gdVoodoo, but only in the 16-bit mode.

Blonsky

Prophet
Brutal Legend

This is part of the intro. Just think somebody could have this as his avatar on the codex.
No8A0OZ.jpg

So you are Eddy, a roadie for some boy band that dies on stage during their concert and that starts the end of the world.
x9wvy3u.jpg

So you have skills but you need to finish one of this music sections to activate them every single time.
Cr9NLjI.jpg

Finaly the open world area, a very beautiful, impresive, metal and very empty open world.
0gcAKnJ.jpg

Well we can use them as cannon fodder.
sV3dnti.jpg

Gather some more trups.
leMwefd.jpg

Some new allies.
5fWBKja.jpg

The biggest problem is the main story missions turn into this arena RTS battles with taking over towers and building yours and commanding trops around the map.
awmaFkY.jpg

Also you get a girl that you totaly wont dump for the plot story.
uWNYgR8.jpg

Codex heaven or hell, not sure.
JAjTU9U.jpg

Defeat the first boss and the true villian shows up to kill your bro and tell you a secret about you girlfrend.
kh8Ubtw.jpg

Hey where did these emo guys come from?
K6QRtQ9.jpg

Oh shit its the ex.
aSoNAUP.jpg

Score: would play worse games for the soundtrack.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
Blonsky Eh, such a disappointment this game. I thought it would be some kind of an ARPG, but it was just a really short and mediocre sandboxy RTS-lite. The lore and art was brilliant tho.

Last edited:

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Another memorable Unreal moment - the Clash of the Titans.
The Titan once rocked my world so much that I was able to enter the ledge from where the small guys leapt, but it was nothing there.

MPCKGGy.jpg

v4FmtDT.jpg

lN5njfC.jpg

Gerrard

Arcane
I find the graphics and environments in this game weirdly compelling.

vC23inS.jpg

XPoqY8n.jpg

1mcfPeD.jpg

xP0IcFf.jpg

RqbM2K0.jpg

It's like if Minecraft didn't look like a turd.

Now if only they would unfuck whatever they did last patch so I can actually play for more than 10 minutes without crashing. :negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom