Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

Glaucon

Prophet
He animated cinematics for The Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk. But yeah, not an actual in-house animator.

And why doesn't she deserve the shit that she is getting?

She is the "lead facial animator" for this project, isn't she?

Or does that refer to... *ahem* different kind of facials? (with bioware those days you never know)

Gotta agree with this, if women want equality then this is it.

You can be equal in the workplace, but you have to do your work and be at work, and not use your vagina as a sheild when the going gets rough, and the shits coming down...

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
calling their producer a virgin and mocking him all over the web was totally ok though -Scrooge

Nonsense. Mock her for the shitty faces and animations and call her names all you want based on facts - but using stuff completely out of context to bash her is just plain wrong. Gender in this case doesn't matter, I just get angry when blatant lies are thrown around. This is SJW tactics.

I laugh at these shitty animations too, but the SHE'S A FEMINAZI bit pisses me off because it's a lie. Don't turn my words around by saying we shouldn't call her work shit because she's a woman, I never said that :P

And why doesn't she deserve the shit that she is getting?

She is the "lead facial animator" for this project, isn't she?

Or does that refer to... *ahem* different kind of facials? (with bioware those days you never know)

Loved this post but I read it as being delived by...

tombstone_doc_holliday_whiskey_cup_03.jpg

Keppo

Arbiter
Its not her faul that she dont have experience to work on AAA project and still get hired by Bioware. Its not her faul that she didnt have enough time for polish because Bioware producers or project managers said that "Animations are good enough, leave it, u did good".

1. Its Bioware fault that they hire her in the first place despite her lack of experience.

2. even if they hired her they should give her more time, more people on her team, better software, tools or better producers / Animation Director

IM ACTUALLY SAD FOR HER. ALL THE HATE SHOULD BE AT BIOWARE LAZY FUCKS NOT FOR SOME RANDOM GURL WHO PROBABLY DID HER BEST IN TALENTLESS TEAM.
Since you've gone full retard, why not take this to its logical conclusion?

It's not her manager's fault that he was hired to do something he was incompetent at. It's his boss' fault.

It's not her manager's manager's fault the he was hired to do something he was incompetent at. It's his boss' boss' fault.

etc.

OF COURSE ANIMATIONS ARE BAD, BUT WHO SHIPPED THAT ANIMATIONS? WHO SAID THAT THESE ANIMATIONS ARE GOOD ENOUGH? Some random employee or higher ups?

Yes maybe u are right about producers/managers. But higher ups like Animation Lead/Director, Game Director and Studio Director these are responsible for this mess, not random developer.
She was the Animation Lead for faces... :lol:

Ok but above her was Animation Lead which was directing all animations for the game, or at least should be if they didnt have mess in their studio.

calling their producer a virgin and mocking him all over the web was totally ok though -Scrooge

Nonsense. Mock her for the shitty faces and animations and call her names all you want based on facts - but using stuff completely out of context to bash her is just plain wrong. Gender in this case doesn't matter, I just get angry when blatant lies are thrown around. This is SJW tactics.

I laugh at these shitty animations too, but the SHE'S A FEMINAZI bit pisses me off because it's a lie. Don't turn my words around by saying we shouldn't call her work shit because she's a woman, I never said that :P

I'm not going to slag her off on her appearence, just her work her animations are shit and her work is shit, you can't deny that. The reason I am using her in italics is to point out the easy ride that trust fund privileged white females get in game dev and all the arts...
..She has had an easy ride by piggybacking on her connections and university friends for a job, despite the fact she has no talent Now I'm not being nasty by saying that, she has no talent and is a diversity hire....

....The thing is though I don't really care about that shitshow, I'm more intrested in their writing.

Last edited:

Keppo

Arbiter
Its not her faul that she dont have experience to work on AAA project and still get hired by Bioware. Its not her faul that she didnt have enough time for polish because Bioware producers or project managers said that "Animations are good enough, leave it, u did good".

1. Its Bioware fault that they hire her in the first place despite her lack of experience.

2. even if they hired her they should give her more time, more people on her team, better software, tools or better producers / Animation Director

IM ACTUALLY SAD FOR HER. ALL THE HATE SHOULD BE AT BIOWARE LAZY FUCKS NOT FOR SOME RANDOM GURL WHO PROBABLY DID HER BEST IN TALENTLESS TEAM.

It's not her manager's fault that he was hired to do something he was incompetent at. It's his boss' fault.

It's not her manager's manager's fault the he was hired to do something he was incompetent at. It's his boss' boss' fault.

etc.

OF COURSE ANIMATIONS ARE BAD, BUT WHO SHIPPED THAT ANIMATIONS? WHO SAID THAT THESE ANIMATIONS ARE GOOD ENOUGH? Some random employee or higher ups?

Yes maybe u are right about producers/managers. But actually higher ups like Animation Lead/Director, Game Director and Studio Director these are responsible for this mess, not random developer.
Is the fact that she is an attractive female in any way influencing your emotional investment in this issue?

I dont give A SHIT, but i dont like how the focus from Bioware fucktards for making shit game was changed and it is right now on some random guurl who was working some time on Facial Animation. Also, this drama is helping Bioware get away with this, and i wouldn't be suprised if some reviewers would give better reviews for Mass Effect because "poor girl harrased by GamerGaters"

donkeymong

Scholar
Her work only included facial animations. She isnt responsible for the rest, like the reversed moonwalk.

Glaucon

Prophet

"She doesn't deserve the shit she is getting and it makes all the guys who shit on her now look like the gigantic fucking assholes the media painted them as during gamergate. Fuck this is making me angry."
So people mistakenly called a woman who works for a notoriously SJW company a feminazi while trolling and shit-talking about a game. That makes them "gigantic assholes"? Just be honest about how you really feel. You don't think women should have to suffer the same level of abuse as men. To be honest, I kinda agree.

Santander02

Arcane
I gotta agree pilling up on that dev for the shitty animations is excessive, with a team the size of bioware this HAS to be a collective fuck up not just one person's bad modeling skillz, you're attacking a figurehead.

Last edited:

Glaucon

Prophet

etc.

Yes maybe u are right about producers/managers. But actually higher ups like Animation Lead/Director, Game Director and Studio Director these are responsible for this mess, not random developer.
Is the fact that she is an attractive female in any way influencing your emotional investment in this issue?

I dont give A SHIT, but i dont like how the focus from Bioware fucktards for making shit game was changed and it is right now on some random guurl who was working some time on Facial Animation. Also, this drama is helping Bioware get away with this, and i wouldn't be suprised if some reviewers would give better reviews for Mass Effect because "poor girl harrased by GamerGaters"
You know that A) most of the people here are fucking around, and 2) the harassment defense is standard procedure by now regardless of context. So why do you care so much that some chick is getting mocked? I mean, it's kind of unseemly, but not enough to get up in arms about.

Chamezero

you seriously believe all this shit is going to affect sales lmao
outside of the youtube/codex/game "journalist" sites nobody gives a shit about the animations or dev drama, they already decided to buy it because EA told them to

Lambach

Arcane
Also, this drama is helping Bioware get away with this, and i wouldn't be suprised if some reviewers would give better reviews for Mass Effect because "poor girl harrased by GamerGaters"

Nigger, 2015 was 2 years ago. You can't bullshit people in this way anymore, at least not the majority. They will see that the animations are a complete trainwreck and they'll see that the reason behind it is that BioWhore gave a very important job to a complete amateur. Everything else is irrelevant. Nobody gives half a squirt of piss what a bunch of worthless, AIDS-ridden, moronic faggots who write for glorified online blogs have to say on this issue.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

You know that A) most of the people here are fucking around, and 2) the harassment defense is standard procedure by now regardless of context. So why do you care so much that some chick is getting mocked? I mean, it's kind of unseemly, but not enough to get up in arms about.
For the same reason we care when a gamer is mocked in an unjustified way: it could be us someday and no one wants to live in that kind of society.

You guys should know by now that I don't really care what tactics we use against SJWs, but let's make sure we're using them against them and not just random people. SJWs deserve to be treated like that because that's how they treat others. They deserve the same double standard to be applied to them. Random people who make video games badly don't.

So, yeah, I'm w Scrooge on this. Insult her all you want, but don't play the out-of-context/libel game.

edit: unjustified, not justified

Last edited by a moderator:

pippin

Also, this drama is helping Bioware get away with this, and i wouldn't be suprised if some reviewers would give better reviews for Mass Effect because "poor girl harrased by GamerGaters"

Nigger, 2015 was 2 years ago. You can't bullshit people in this way anymore, at least not the majority. They will see that the animations are a complete trainwreck and they'll see that the reason behind it is that BioWhore gave a very important job to a complete amateur. Everything else is irrelevant. Nobody gives half a squirt of piss what a bunch of worthless, AIDS-ridden, moronic faggots who write for glorified online blogs have to say on this issue.

People are blaming Amy Schumer's recent Netflix failure (which led Netflix to delete their review based scoring system) on Gamergate.

Glaucon

Prophet
For the same reason we care when a gamer is mocked in an justified way: it could be us someday and no one wants to live in that kind of society.

You guys should know by now that I don't really care what tactics we use against SJWs, but let's make sure we're using them against them and not just random people. SJWs deserve to be treated like that because that's how they treat others. They deserve the same double standard to be applied to them. Random people who make video games badly don't.
Wtf are you talking about? "Tactics"? Are people trying to get anyone fired? Are they going on emailing campaigns? Am I missing something? All I see are jokes along to the lines of "her animation is shit" and "she probably sucked dick to get her job".
Also, I quite enjoy living in a society where people take the piss out of other people. It's usually very amusing.

Gerrard

Arcane
So, how exactly did EA allow this thing to get """finished""" and released?

Seriously, there is no excuse for this kind of stuff. The entire animation department and anything related to it must have been absolute newbs.
There are similiar bugs in Witcher 3

Tell me, give me refrences, I run that game on near highest ratings on a ten year old q9300 processor and I only had lag when I had 4gb of ram and a 470 and tried to go back to windows. Now I upgraded to 8gb of ram and a 1050 but kept the trusty q9300 the game runs out as smooth as Burma Shave,

The only bug I have is Geralt standing on the table after he's talked to the book dealer in Novigrad, but you can still walk off the table and carry on.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Wtf are you talking about? "Tactics"? Are people trying to get anyone fired? Are they going on emailing campaigns? Am I missing something? All I see are jokes along to the lines of "her animation is shit" and "she probably sucked dick to get her job".
Maybe if you tried reading my posts, it would help, duder.

Again, we've got no evidence she is a feminazi. RalphRetort posted an out-of-context clip of her vid that says "I hate men", but the actual clip is just an animation version of what looks like a scene from a movie and isn't feminist at all.

All the other stuff isn't what I am talking about.

Lambach

Arcane
So, how exactly did EA allow this thing to get """finished""" and released?

It only cost 40 million to make, that's peanuts for EA. If we assume the average price of a copy will be 40 bucks, it will make a bit of money (Biodrones are large in number), which is everything a company like them looks for in such a cynical cash grab.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom