Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

Freddie

Savant
Alright this is fucking comedy gold.

Who would have thought that a softcore alien sex simulator would turn into such a trollfest!
:smug:

Wait we can't talk about how bad she was at her job cause she's a womyns?

I would redirect the blame towards the managers/directors.

A junior who gets a lead role can only do very little. The managers are to blame for putting her in that position, which she clearly wasn't qualified for.
Company / studio should be seen as whole and I guess people who are interested about making video games will look what's happening like that. Good luck hiring new talent when your employees end in crap like this.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

The AI in your head is your mom, who also captured the memories of your dead dad and stuck them in your head and the rest of the game is just an uncanny valley illusion hence all the glitches and bad animation and all your really doing is playing the part of the other twin trapped in cryosleep having a dream about being your other twin and you end up banging the other twin in cryosleep and the immaculate conception creates the big bang which pours out through the galaxy and the mass relay and restarts the universe...

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

They really did this?
I think/hope he was just joking based off of my prediction.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
didnt ME1 work with actual RPG mechanics so you basically sucked at shooting anything
This would have made sense if commander Shepard wasn't already a 30 something year old soldier with lots of battle and military experience yet he couldn't even shoot an assault rifle

Lesson: don't make your RPG protagonist experienced, as they will probably start out from Level 1.

Sorry, but you either cannot read or you're just dumb

I expressed my dislike for several parts of the game but I still see an improvement in some other parts. I consider ME series mediocre action adventures (why is this thread in GRPG again?). I consider ME2, specifically, a terrible fucking game. I was expecting complete shit and after playing the trial it seems like gameplay and level design is actually the best in the series so far.

Fine if you think I'm dumb fair enough, but I'll just take apart your post piece by piece if I may?

If anyone was expecting top down, squad based, TB, tactical strategy they are delusional. Gameplay-wise this game is ME through and through. Criticizing shoddy visuals, voicing and writing is OK as long as it doesn't turn into 100 pages of embarrassing competition of who can come up with the worst meme about retarded facial expressions.

Who expected that? Who expected Mass Effect would turn into XCom? Who here demanded that Mass effect should become a squad base isometric turn based stratergy game? That is the worst stawman I have ever heard and you should be ashamed of yourself for even contemplating that never mind posting it

Anyway, I tried pointing out that within context of the series this game is not exceptionally bad but the angry mob just keeps spamming inane gifs over and over until all pages are flooded with shitty animations we've all already seen 20 times while reassuring each other that this is the worst game evar.

As I've said before lot's of the memes were born here, all the others posted were posted only once, as we have the "Old" rating on the codex that gives posters shit for posting old content...
...You seriously need to try harder....
.... The game is a goldmine of memes every time I look at a new clip I piss my pants laughing. This game is prosper in space.

couldn't care less except for feeling disgusted by so many codexers who apparently care more about visuals and voicing than the actual gameplay.

It's all we've got to go on and as nobody here or anywhere is going to play this game whats your point?

Besides wasn't Bioware supposed to be famous for it's narrative and character dialouge? What are you saying... Ignore the critics it's just a poorly optimised version of Halo?

What really got me though, was when some retard who haven't even played the trial but watched a stream (fucking degenerate thing) came here and claimed that the original Mass Effect game's intro mission Eden Prime is better than the one in Andromeda.

It is... it intruduces Lovecraftian space horror in the first hour or so and atmosphericaly spooky, then it shows you your antagonist and the geth and then gives you the space version of Sword in the Stone.

That's just pure gold. Back in the days of Mass Effect release it was mocked by Codex, among other things, for having crappy linear missions. When Andromeda improved at least this one thing one the most linear missions I can think of in pretty much any game is suddenly great? Just keep on embarrassing yourselves people.

TFW you make your enemies so mad they try to use your own phrases against you....

Smug-Trump.jpg

I played ME and ME2 recently so I still have shitty taste in my mouth from pretty much all their gameplay mechanics.

They both had massivly different gameplay dickhead.

Also your psychological analysis with the "video game Stockholm syndrome" is real spot on. If you cannot tell that I'm not in favor of Bioware here (actually I pretty much dislike all their games since at least KotOR) you should just cease posting altogether

You're right I should, but I won't and you're a twat

But like this wise person said here ...

RapineDel

Augur
This press release is very interesting. It's vague (mentions the key word "lead") and doesn't refer to anyone by name. I think they're actually referring to Mr. King Curry Thunder but left it ambiguous on purpose so all the sympathy would be generated to this hot chick articles are popping up about. On my Facebook I've already got people referring to it as "Fake News", linking to the Bioware press release and choosing to blatantly ignore the words out of the horses mouth (her Facebook post). Interesting strategy from EA/Bioware which unfortunately seems to be working as most of the gaming audience will happily turn a blind eye to the facts if it means rushing to the defense of an attractive woman. I'm sure we wouldn't be heaing a peep if the abuse was being directed at Mrs 'You're thinner then me not prettier then me".

Jarmaro

Liturgist
Embargo for reviews ends 1:AM on 20 March. It means for 40 minutes, right? So when I wake up I'll have some nasty, fresh baked reviews to read?

Edit: ok, I am retarded, reviews are on monday, right?

So our favorite animator appears to be a man-hating feminazi too.... A perfect fit for Bioware. No wonder she was hired. :lol:

I wasn't talking about her politics just trying to link to her show reel which is a joke, as her best animations are worse than something that even I could do in a couple of hours. And I'm shit with computers... before I changed my graphics card to a 1050 when my 470 broke I put in a 470 and made space for the yuge 470 by cutting the intergrated aluminium cooler vents off the computer with an angle grinder while it was still in the case.

Taskityo

Educated
Animations and bugs aside, what bothers me most about Andromeda is the spotty story premise, the generic "Kett" Dominion-esque enemy, writing like "My face is tired," and strange delivery of dialogue. To me all of that is far too distracting and uninteresting to listen to, let alone read or be invested in. That is stuff that can not be fixed in patches if it is widespread through Endgame. It's the same reason I've stayed away from Fallout 4 (besides Bethesda not getting Fallout) - so it'll be interesting to read what reviewers have to say about those parts on Monday.

The facial animation stuff has definitely kept me laughing constantly this weekend with all the gifs at the very least.

Grimlorn

Arcane
So our favorite animator appears to be a man-hating feminazi too.... A perfect fit for Bioware. No wonder she was hired. :lol:

... watch the video. She nowhere said she hates men, she just used parts of movies which she then animated. And the specific part of this old black and white movie wasn't even about MEN SUCK LOL, but it was a monologue about how unfair it is that men age well while women age worse and THAT is why the movie character says "I hate men".

She doesn't deserve the shit she is getting and it makes all the guys who shit on her now look like the gigantic fucking assholes the media painted them as during gamergate. Fuck this is making me angry.
You're being a retard. Equality means taking the same shit men get for their work. If you don't think women should have to do that, then admit women shouldn't be treated equal to men. It's already been pointed out that the producer got shit, but you didn't care about that of course. Heads need to roll for this abomination. 5 years for this terrible crap. Animators need to be fired. Whoever was handling the voice acting should be fired as well as the writers. High level managers should probably be fired as well.

Every time people play the misogyny or sexist card because a woman comes under attack for their work or behavior, not actually being a woman, they're just proving time and time again that women don't have what it takes to be equal to men.

... watch the video. She nowhere said she hates men, she just used parts of movies which she then animated. And the specific part of this old black and white movie wasn't even about MEN SUCK LOL, but it was a monologue about how unfair it is that men age well while women age worse and THAT is why the movie character says "I hate men".

She doesn't deserve the shit she is getting and it makes all the guys who shit on her now look like the gigantic fucking assholes the media painted them as during gamergate. Fuck this is making me angry.

I agree she dosen't deserve to get shit for saying she hates men at all... But as You say in your post watch the video and I did before I even stepped into this quagmire and her animations are fucking awful, this woman deserves to get shit for being an awful animator, look at her show reel, she should not be employed and her gender is moot.

Comparison

Bioware animator

https://vimeo.com/62556369
CD Project animator

Keppo

Arbiter
Its not her faul that she dont have experience to work on AAA project and still get hired by Bioware. Its not her faul that she didnt have enough time for polish because Bioware producers or project managers said that "Animations are good enough, leave it, u did good".

1. Its Bioware fault that they hire her in the first place despite her lack of experience.

2. even if they hired her they should give her more time, more people on her team, better software, tools or better producers / Animation Director

IM ACTUALLY SAD FOR HER. ALL THE HATE SHOULD BE AT BIOWARE LAZY FUCKS NOT FOR SOME RANDOM GURL WHO PROBABLY DID HER BEST IN TALENTLESS TEAM.

-----------------------------------

@salaciousbcrumb

Cathedral is not the best example because it is from Platige Image.

But i agree that CDPR has strong animation/art team + they actually hired bunch of animators from Platige Image after Witcher 3 release, even Platige Lead Animator which is right now Animation Director in CDPR.

Last edited:

J1M

Arcane
Its not her faul that she dont have experience to work on AAA project and still get hired by Bioware. Its not her faul that she didnt have enough time for polish because Bioware producers or project managers said that "Animations are good enough, leave it, u did good".

1. Its Bioware fault that they hire her in the first place despite her lack of experience.

2. even if they hired her they should give her more time, more people on her team, better software, tools or better producers / Animation Director

IM ACTUALLY SAD FOR HER. ALL THE HATE SHOULD BE AT BIOWARE LAZY FUCKS NOT FOR SOME RANDOM GURL WHO PROBABLY DID HER BEST IN TALENTLESS TEAM.
Since you've gone full retard, why not take this to its logical conclusion?

It's not her manager's fault that he was hired to do something he was incompetent at. It's his boss' fault.

It's not her manager's manager's fault the he was hired to do something he was incompetent at. It's his boss' boss' fault.

etc.

Keppo

Arbiter

It's not her manager's fault that he was hired to do something he was incompetent at. It's his boss' fault.

It's not her manager's manager's fault the he was hired to do something he was incompetent at. It's his boss' boss' fault.

etc.

OF COURSE ANIMATIONS ARE BAD, BUT WHO SHIPPED THAT ANIMATIONS? WHO SAID THAT THESE ANIMATIONS ARE GOOD ENOUGH? Some random employee or higher ups?

Yes maybe u are right about producers/managers. But higher ups like Animation Lead/Director, Game Director and Studio Director these are responsible for this mess, not random developer.

Glaucon

Prophet

etc.

OF COURSE ANIMATIONS ARE BAD, BUT WHO SHIPPED THAT ANIMATIONS? WHO SAID THAT THESE ANIMATIONS ARE GOOD ENOUGH? Some random employee or higher ups?

Yes maybe u are right about producers/managers. But actually higher ups like Animation Lead/Director, Game Director and Studio Director these are responsible for this mess, not random developer.
Is the fact that she is an attractive female in any way influencing your emotional investment in this issue?

J1M

Arcane

etc.

Yes maybe u are right about producers/managers. But higher ups like Animation Lead/Director, Game Director and Studio Director these are responsible for this mess, not random developer.
She was the Animation Lead for faces... :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom