Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

pippin

Apparently you get updates like in any other regular game. The refund policy goes up until the game is released (iirc) and it's a no questions asked thing, which does not happen with normal games.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I see indieshit shovelware has infected GOG as well. Also, Witcher 3, what is Good or Old about that game?

Can't ever be sure if someone's being sarcastic, but I thought it really wouldn't be a mystery to anyone that a game by CD Projekt is on Gog.com

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Good boy
Now go back playing Skyrim/PoE/FO4 for your good work

It makes me :popamole: to express mild distaste at your enthusiasm at the prospect of being sold legal freeware?

Which was free for 14 years yet you apparently never bothered to download.
Otherwise you would have known that H&D Deluxe didn't contain any "adware".

You're still able to download the free version with no legal hassle. We are just adding the free version to the paid version (AKA the one that still has a proper rights holder) for convenience-and-completeness' sake.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
JudasIscariot is there a page where I can see all of the game with the time I wasted on them or can I only check the ones currently installed? Why did adding cloud saving support destroy my modded Planescape: Torment installation?

And of course, allow me to ask again: is there any fucking way you can bring back old library look or at least allow for manual placement of games on the new one?

Turjan

Arcane
What I miss most is choosing the page in the list of games manually instead of having to go one-by-one forward if you look for a game that lists far back in the alphabet. To add insult to injury, the list always jumps back to the first page if you use the "Back" button from a game you looked at.

Naraya

Arcane
Also, after you choose "GOG DOWNLOADER LINKS" from the dropdown list, there is no way to get back to the game page. Pressing the browser's BACK button gets you back to the game list instead :s

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
JudasIscariot is there a page where I can see all of the game with the time I wasted on them or can I only check the ones currently installed? Why did adding cloud saving support destroy my modded Planescape: Torment installation?

And of course, allow me to ask again: is there any fucking way you can bring back old library look or at least allow for manual placement of games on the new one?

Regarding your modded Planescape: Torment install: did you have that imported into Galaxy and set to "automatic updates" by any chance?

As for the shelf question: I am not sure if there will ever be a way to bring back the old library look or allow for manual placement as of right now as this kind of thing is way beyond me.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Regarding your modded Planescape: Torment install: did you have that imported into Galaxy and set to "automatic updates" by any chance?

As for the shelf question: I am not sure if there will ever be a way to bring back the old library look or allow for manual placement as of right now as this kind of thing is way beyond me.
Auto updates was set. I reinstalled mods and it worked, it was just weird since there was clearly no patch of the game and ability to copy save games shouldn't interfere with the game.

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron

Auto updates was set. I reinstalled mods and it worked, it was just weird since there was clearly no patch of the game and ability to copy save games shouldn't interfere with the game.

If you are going to use mods, I highly recommend turning off automatic updates. Planescape: Torment was one of the games we added cloud saves to as per this post: https://af.gog.com/forum/general/go...yet_marks_the_end_of_beta_5e5d5?as=1649904300

So you got hit by the cloud saves update. Sorry!

Last edited by a moderator:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
JudasIscariot
do you have decent contact with THQ Nordic? They released some new and remastered stuff but I wanted to see some of their old titles.
Like Cold Zero - Last Stand (I'm playing on Win7 64bit and despite awful resolution and pixel mess it work fine)? Does Nordic have any interest with old stuff?

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
JudasIscariot
do you have decent contact with THQ Nordic? They released some new and remastered stuff but I wanted to see some of their old titles.
Like Cold Zero - Last Stand (I'm playing on Win7 64bit and despite awful resolution and pixel mess it work fine)? Does Nordic have any interest with old stuff?

I do have decent contact with THQ Nordic but I can't dictate what they'll go with next :)
As for interest with old stuff, I would think releasing the Delta Force games would show that yes, they are but that's just my opinion :D

Also, I would recommend visiting their page and using one of the public contact links in the lower left corner: https://www.thqnordic.com/ to let them know what you want. Might work, might not but at least you let them know :)

Endemic

Arcane
I mean stuff like Armored Fist, Comanche, the F-22 etc games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom