Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
10 out of 10 economists agree that it's much better to go for free2play multiplayer games and then one day find out that you spent $1000 on cosmetic crap in total

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Seriously, paying for a multiplayer game is not a good financial descision. What if the player base dies out?
Paying for single player game is not good financial decision as well. What if you finish the game?

Mod it, play it at a higher difficulty level, or try for a different ending if possible.
At least you can play it without internet connection or other people, which can't be said about a multiplayer only game.

Last edited:

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

C7DzYJLVsAECEOM.jpg

lightbane

Arcane
So, that's how graphics have advanced. Truly next-gen stuff... Not!

Anyway, have something fun:

Yeah, that's a Zelda 3 hack with Conker, actually a sequel to Bad Fur Day. It's already out.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
I don't play multiplayer blizzard crap I have to pay for. What's the joke?
Seriously, paying for a multiplayer game is not a good financial descision. What if the player base dies out? Then you're left with battleborn.

Hanzo is a character that requires a lot of skill and can theoretically achieve awesome things if you are a very good player. If you are not that good on the other hand he's totally useless. This contrasts him with characters like Lucio or Reinhard which will help the team greatly even if the player is a total newbie. A stereotypical Hanzo main greatly overestimates his abilities, gets killed a lot and after the match blames his team for not letting him shine. He also will never switch to other character, even though the situation requires him to.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
I don't play multiplayer blizzard crap I have to pay for. What's the joke?
Seriously, paying for a multiplayer game is not a good financial descision. What if the player base dies out? Then you're left with battleborn.

Hanzo is a character that requires a lot of skill and can theoretically achieve awesome things if you are a very good player. If you are not that good on the other hand he's totally useless. This contrasts him with characters like Lucio or Reinhard which will help the team greatly even if the player is a total newbie. A stereotypical Hanzo main greatly overestimates his abilities, gets killed a lot and after the match blames his team for not letting him shine. He also will never switch to other character, even though the situation requires him to.

Oh, so basically any low level assassin player from League of Legends then?
I swear, every time there's an Yi or a Yasuo on my team, there's a high chance that he's an arsehole.

Hanzo is a character that requires a lot of skill
:hahyou:

Yes, Overwatch has lower skill celling and is more casual than most FPS games but the fact remains that it takes a lot more skill to be a decent Hanzo then it does to be decent at playing most other characters. Otherwise Hanzo players wouldn't be scorned so much. A guy playing OW for the first time in his life using Mercy will be more useful than most Hanzo shitters.

Gerrard

Arcane
It doesn't take any skill to be decent at Hanzo, you just shoot arrows at the vague direction of enemies and get 1 hit kill headshots.

Why can't I hold all this skill?

Ah yes, I was somehow confusing Hanzo with Genji.
Hanzo mains are useless because nobody needs a fucking Sniper in OW. In that case imagine your usual autistic TF2 Sniper but even more useless than normal.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Ah yes, I was somehow confusing Hanzo with Genji.
Hanzo mains are useless because nobody needs a fucking Sniper in OW. In that case imagine your usual autistic TF2 Sniper but even more useless than normal.

And yet Overwatch has 3 Snipers. TF2 only had the one Sniper and he came in two flavors: Sit at the back and be mostly useless, or walk about with the bow and abuse the hitbox mechanics until you realize you're a glass cannon, and as such completely useless.

At least Widowmaker has mobility and Ana is credit to team. Hanzo is so circumstantial that there's always a better option available than him. Even if it's Genji.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom