Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, at least some benchmarking software might come out of this.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath

Is he using a joystick or mouse?

both.png

41q-n-KTh2L._SY355_.jpg

Direwolf

Arcane
From a CIG employee:

If you are asking then yes. We do use internal accounts to prop up funding numbers. These are not backer only funds. We are encouraged to buy ship packages on a bi-weekly basis. Any monies that come to the coffers via internal employee accounts are counted into that number. This includes managers who end up pledging with caveats. These can be sold personally to third parties without supervision. Large packages are sold at discounted amounts to [employees, contracted employees, certain backers and streamers] for heavy discounts. The full amount is represented in the Funding Tracker.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Just as a reminder, this has been going from 2012-2017 and not even reached version 0.3
At this rate it should take until the late 2020s

Habbonovio

Educated
Just as a reminder, this has been going from 2012-2017 and not even reached version 0.3
At this rate it should take until the late 2020s

It's an ambitious project, we all know it will take decades. I hope it turns alright and not just smoke and mirrors, but I'm skeptical.

People will lose interest over time if they don't embellish their product and their accomplishments from time to time, and they could end selling snake oil for funds.

The Molyneux effect.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
I gave up after 5 hours of trying to get through the battle tutorial. I admire people who can play this with kb+mouse, but I honestly can't. I was drifting around in space like a drunken cow propelled by its farts.

Sounds like you may have had "Flight Assist" or whatever the setting is called, switched off. It's near impossible to control your craft without it, but even experienced pilots leave it on 99% of the time, toggling it off in dogfights to pull off a faster turn/yaw than normally possible, then back on to line up the target.
Wait wait wait wait. Experienced pilots? People are actually playing the game? And getting good at it?

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
HULLOOOOOOOOOOOO?????????????????

Cool, this thread still exists! Just some conductor moved it into the MMO section.

Lets' see we got 2017 and apparently the 3.0 update is coming this summer. Or is it 0.3

Anyway, this was expected. This one is not going to come out so soon as IL2 CloD

2017- 2012 = 7
7 / 0.3 = 23.333
2012 + 23.333 = ~ 2035

But I was actually gonna ask if it is worthwile to invest no matter what. Is there any point in buying one of the 50$ ship packages they sell, or would I just finance Christ Roberts extravagant lifestyle?

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
just finance Christ Roberts extravagant lifestyle?
I thought that was the whole point of it.
Like supporting a streamer on Twitch.
But instead of a stream, you get entertainment from watching a trainwreck in ultra slow motion. Of course, always with the light at the end of the tunnel in sight.

Last edited:

iZerw

Arcane
Vatnik
Reminds me of this guy.

iu

"I didn't steal, these fucks gave me money themselves."
MMM created its successful Ponzi scheme in 1994. The company started attracting money from private investors, promising annual returns of up to one thousand percent (1,000%). It is unclear whether a Ponzi scheme was Mavrodi's initial intention, in so far as such extravagant returns might have been possible during the Russian hyperinflation in such commerce as import-export.
MMM grew rapidly. In February 1994, the company reported dividends of 1,000%, and started an aggressive TV ad campaign. Since the shares were not quoted on any stock exchange and the company itself determined the share price, it maintained a steady price growth of thousands of percent annually, leading the public to believe its shares were a safe and profitable investment.
At its peak the company was taking in more than 100 billion rubles (about 50 million USD) each day from the sale of its shares to the public. Thus, the cashflow turnover at the MMM central office in Moscow was so high that it could not be estimated. The management started to count money in roomfuls (1 roomful of money, 2 roomfuls of money, etc.).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom