Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
Yeah, well - we´ll cross that bridge when we get to it and we´ll make the best choice we´ll have available to us

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
You should really overthink that 'procedural' in the title, its confusing to people. In the context of RPGs you immediately think of procedurally generated. I am not sure how well known the term is but I'd imagine a lot of non-native speakers won't know what it is. I didn't know what that is until we discussed it in the news thread and I study that kind of shit.

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
Pathologic had same thing with translation. It went south until the HD Classic with new verison of translation was out. It got so much better with it I can't even describe it. I think we even have translatior of Pathologic on Dex. Actually, we do.

alphyna - Hello!

ArchAngel

Arcane
Western Europe, USA?

All of them. Look how consoles have pirated stuff. Everybody pirate when they have no money.
And if you compare income in Russia vs 60$ price you will understand it all.
Only Xbox360. PS4 is not crackable and I don't know if XboxOne is.
Still in Western world people are not as poor and game owners from time to time crack down on some people and punish them as an example for others (this is also done with people pirating TV shows, in Germany a number of people got billed like they bought every Game of Thrones episode on DVD after being caught pirating some of them).

Also in East Europe you will find many people that say they pirate because they can, not because they are poor.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You should really overthink that 'procedural' in the title, its confusing to people. In the context of RPGs you immediately think of procedurally generated. I am not sure how well known the term is but I'd imagine a lot of non-native speakers won't know what it is. I didn't know what that is until we discussed it in the news thread and I study that kind of shit.
We talked about this a little upthread.

Another idea I had was instead of calling it
A Police Procedural Role-Playing Game
call it
A "Police Procedural" Role-Playing Game
That might make it clearer to a few people at least. Probably not the best end of day solution though.

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
ZiOW8Ho.jpg

DSW

Novice
It is well known Estonian issue. Procedural without procedural generation, furies witout furries, fascist thoughts without fascist regime as context. You should try to cross Estonian border on Audi Quattro with five men inside the car. Only then you'll get the idea what this game is about.

Cosmo

Arcane
Project: Eternity
He has ... aged. Fuck, things must've been painful for him in the past few years.

Looking at his face, i'd say it has more to do with a healthy regimen of overwork, fat food and lack of sleep.
Maybe interspersed with weightlifting sessions that, being guilt-induced, are way too brutal to have any beneficial result...
Yeah that's a worrying face.

Last edited:

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
He has ... aged. Fuck, things must've been painful for him in the past few years.

Looking at his face, i'd say it has more to do with a healthy regimen of overwork, fat food and lack of sleep.
Maybe these are interspersed with weightlifting sessions that, being guilt-induced, are way too brutal to have any beneficial result...
Yeah that's a worrying face.
Oooh, you superficial fuckers :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom