Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex of Victory (Early Access open)

Alexey

Ino-Co
Developer
Early Access Update 4 is out on Steam.

l3vR8MNz6Ua41zATC.gif

Alexey

Ino-Co
Developer
How's everything going? Still on track for a end of year release?
Yes. At least we are trying to finish it till the end of the year. Most probable scenario is that we will have the full game in the Early Access till the end of the year,
but will wait couple of weeks more for localizations and voiceover to be finished before releasing it properly.

anus_pounder

Arcane
How's everything going? Still on track for a end of year release?
Yes. At least we are trying to finish it till the end of the year. Most probable scenario is that we will have the full game in the Early Access till the end of the year,
but will wait couple of weeks more for localizations and voiceover to be finished before releasing it properly.

:salute: Got it. Just asking since it looks like it'll be a pretty bare december and early 2017 in terms of games worth playing. This is one of the few products in that time period worth playing, imo.

Alexey

Ino-Co
Developer
We are proud to make a new and big update for Codex of Victory! The game is very close to the final state now. It has levels of difficulty, tuned balance and lot of new content.
We all hope you will Enjoy it, Rate it and Tell your friends about this cool game :)
Merry Christmas!

fd8e44c27beabb52528129ca3c364a905b8631d2.jpg

---------

Change List

Big Changes
• Levels of difficulty. Now at any point in the campaign you may change the difficulty level of the game from the settings menu. NORMAL is easier than previous experience, HARD is slightly harder.
• Quests. Now there is a “Quests” window in tactical battles that shows the status of your current tasks.
• New heroes and hero upgrades. In the second Act new heroes will come to aid your cause and you will be able to upgrade them.
• New Enemies. Be prepared to face new enemy battle mechs. You better spread wide your troops not to be damaged by Augment Shocker’s Chain-lightning, that grows in power with each damaged vehicle. Keep an eye on Augment Snipers, Flyers and Supporters as well.
• New planet. Yes – we opened Kali for battles, and it is your responsibility to free it from aggressors.
• Lot of new missions. Now in the second Act you have lot of strategic choice where to fly and fight, as you will be faced with LOTS of missions available simultaneously (and even more spawning with time).
• Access to the new troops. In the course of the action you will be able to build and upgrade more types of troops to support your preferred tactics.
• New modules. Yes, we are adding new and better modules to improve and alter your troops. But some of them will need parts that only could be salvaged from enemies.
• Important! When you try to load the old save from the second Act, your progress will be set to the beginning of the second Act (right after the Baron Boarov death) because missions, story and rewards were changed a lot. You will keep all your troops and upgrades intact.

Smaller Changes and fixes
• Artillery now makes only 3 damage in attack.
• All units got hints in battle
• Player can see blueprints in his inventory
• AI was slightly improved
• Starting AP were changed in many levels
• Enemy uses upgraded units.
• New improved hints in the building phase
• Many small interface improvements
• Player can gather valuable parts of some defeated enemy units.
• Player’s dropship doesn’t automatically return to base after the battle
• Space button changes the speed pace on base
• Fire distance cap tactical effect added for one of the Kali missions.
• Paused resources now are gathered automatically when there is more space in the storage
• Added the “Turns” counter for the singleplayer battles.
• Lot of tasks for mission generator.
• Fixed the bug in “Taunt” effect
• New cursor
• Now the process of room building and upgrade is visualized with the circular progress bar.
• Player can deploy several heroes to the battle field
• Turrets became more powerful especially with upgrades
• Tactical effects are shown in the battle
• Lots of changes in the localization
• Improved colors for Augments
• We now show the time required to build the room or unit in the hint for it.
• And a lot more behind the scenes.
• Levels of difficulty. Now at any point in the campaign you may change the difficulty level of the game from the settings menu. NORMAL is easier than previous experience, HARD is slightly harder.
• Quests. Now there is a “Quests” window in tactical battles that shows the status of your current tasks.
• New heroes and hero upgrades. In the second Act new heroes will come to aid your cause and you will be able to upgrade them.
• New Enemies. Be prepared to face new enemy battle mechs. You better spread wide your troops not to be damaged by Augment Shocker’s Chain-lightning, that grows in power with each damaged vehicle. Keep an eye on Augment Snipers, Flyers and Supporters as well.
• New planet. Yes – we opened Kali for battles, and it is your responsibility to free it from aggressors.
• Lot of new missions. Now in the second Act you have lot of strategic choice where to fly and fight, as you will be faced with LOTS of missions available simultaneously (and even more spawning with time).
• Access to the new troops. In the course of the action you will be able to build and upgrade more types of troops to support your preferred tactics.
• New modules. Yes, we are adding new and better modules to improve and alter your troops. But some of them will need parts that only could be salvaged from enemies.
• Important! When you try to load the old save from the second Act, your progress will be set to the beginning of the second Act (right after the Baron Boarov death) because missions, story and rewards were changed a lot. You will keep all your troops and upgrades intact.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It sounds promising. I just got the game. Would it be possible to have Russian voices with English UI and subtitles?

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
On the Rescue mission, I think there are way too many enemies in hard difficulty, but the AI does not bother firing at the objective, and prefer to engage whatever target is before it, even when it could move and shoot at it to finish it. So I ended up winning when it felt like I shouldn't have.
I think the player should be notified of reinforcement, because it is easy to miss that enemies have spawned near the borders of the map, which can result in dire consequences.
Other than that, I really like the upgrade system, as it allows you to play units very differently from one battle to another.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Wow, the game is hard. I had to restart some missions more than 10 times to get them right (the Boar mission, and the rescue mission). Part of it is gaming the AI, but it is not an easy feat there, given how strong its positions are, and a larger part is figuring out which unit with which loadout to use.
I think the game is pretty solid. It has a very solid Battle Isle vibe (a bit more puzzly, and with a nice upgrade/customization system).

My wishlist would be:
I would prefer a bit less AI advantage, with an AI that does not hold its punches when it comes to completing mission objectives.
Some UI improvements would help too:
- Units module should not count against your unit AP max in the hangar, as unloading them to reload them before battle is tedious and gives the same result.
- The range of move + special attacks should be displayed when clicking on a special attack (as for normal attacks).
- Make it possible to scrap facilities in the base. I wish I didn't invest in 3 factories so early...

Note that if you don't like deterministic systems, like in Massive Assault, you probably won't like this one either, as you don't have many options that really work for each mission: you just have to find the "proper" way to do it (or one of the proper ways).
But if you liked it, I think this game is a worthy entry to the subgenre of deterministic futuristic turn based combat.

Last edited:

Anomander

Educated
If anyone is interested here the steam key:
CP6M5-CN7ZM-A4PQG

I got it for buying in early access.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom