Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Shocking Report From RPS: First Hours of Mass Effect: Andromeda Stinks

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Game confirmed to be Codex-compatible:

I don't get it.

Is the problem that she doesn't look like a straight woman? Or that there are straight women at all in the game? Which is it?

I think the tumblr crowd interprets that hairstyle as some sort of a lesbian dyke signal. This leads to them feeling of getting denied to fuck something, which makes them frustrated.

So, what you're saying is that Bioware cucked them?

Murk

Arcane
Game confirmed to be Codex-compatible:

I don't get it.

Is the problem that she doesn't look like a straight woman? Or that there are straight women at all in the game? Which is it?

I think the tumblr crowd interprets that hairstyle as some sort of a lesbian dyke signal. This leads to them feeling of getting denied to fuck something, which makes them frustrated.

Tumblr indeed.

C6qg9rGU8AE8tUE.jpg:large

EVERY. FUCKING. TIME.

Here's "her" benevolent discourse in action:

The "nazi tranny" in question:

Darkzone

Arcane
https://youtu.be/6MEKM2amQ2E?t=592

Is this default model pose that Im seeing in there?

3d-man-model-character-wip-full-view.jpg
This is so called A pose, and the other standard post is the T pose. Both can be the default pose for the animations to be applied, but i have seen most of the time the T pose, like in Mixamo and Unity.
It seems that they had not loaded or lost an idle animation or dialog animations.

Last edited:
Unwanted

Charles Eli Cheese

Neckbeard Shitlord
Edgy Shitposter
What's the deal with the overuse of the word Pathfinder these days? It is everywhere. And complete crap.

Overall I am glad to see the latest offering is so feculant even the most diehard blowhard fans will have to slap themselves if they buy this turd.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
From that tweet chain.

How can anyone ever be disappointed of some character's orientation in a video game? The romance crowd is truly different.

TedNugent

Arcane
Rock Paper Shotgun review of Mass Effect Andromeda:

9/10
"Amazing"
"Beautiful World"
"Writing is deep and provides tons of meaningful CC"
"Combat is innovative and breaks new ground in tired TPS genre"
"Works for intersectional diversity in videogames"
"Works best with Origin"

From that tweet chain.

How can anyone ever be disappointed of some character's orientation in a video game? The romance crowd is truly different.

Ruzen

Savant
I don't get It.
Why some game companies force themselves to look cute towards the weird people who never buy their games.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I don't get It.
Why some game companies force themselves to look cute towards the weird people who never buy their games.

It gets their game some free publicity since it occasionally gets the attention of both the tumblrites and the people who are infuriated by them end up giving the game attention.

Gecos

Learned
RPS quote: It continues Dragon Age: Inquisition’s singleplayer MMO structure

I guess I must "commend" EA for being merciful with us. They could've gone the ZeniMax route and release a full blown Mass Effect Online cheesy - yes, yes, I know, pleonasm - MMO(RPG). But no matter, if this turd sells well, that will likely be the next step...

Deleted member 7219

Played the demo until it ended on Eos.

I avoided the default female face and chose a mix of the Asian female preset and changed the hair style and eye colour slightly. Looked a hundred times better than that fucking abortion of a default female face.

Animations are still shit, though. The videos comparing this to Mass Effect 1 are apt. I have yet to see a dialogue animation that doesn't look like it could have come out of KOTOR 1. For a studio that is meant to have a bazillion animators and put such a heavy emphasis on 'storytelling', it is really fucking odd.

I guess the budget went into the graphics and the combat, but on my shit PC I had to dial everything down and the combat ended up being a stutterfest, so I didn't really get much out of it.

Planetary exploration and sidequests seem straight out of Dragon Age: Inquisition.

The premise is interesting (new galaxy, ships sent before that you have to meet up with, things have gone wrong, other arks haven't arrived yet) but it doesn't look like they've done much with it. New enemy race, Kett, are just nasty exoskeletal bipedal aliens that want to kill you. To get a foothold in Andromeda you have to learn how to use ancient alien tech (nu-Protheans, basically) to make world habitable. Maybe it'll improve but I don't much care at this point. Companions are boring. BioWare used to do this thing really well. You can tell it was made by a completely different team of people to those who made ME 1-3.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Even fucking PewDiePie has a video on the shitty animations and even popamole fans are getting upset. Can't wait for the rebranding, from Bioware to "EA Whatever" before the closure.:lol:

Darkzone

Arcane
I don't get It.

It gets their game some free publicity since it occasionally gets the attention of both the tumblrites and the people who are infuriated by them end up giving the game attention.
Yes, but they do not understand that only no press is bad press and in the end catering to a specific demographic can lead to be ignored by other demographic. Gamers are interstead in good games not in gender politics. And it seems that this case is a bad game with gender politics.
Trump played the heel and has demolished the face, especially since wikileaks revealed that the face is not really the face. In game terms this translates to make a good game and give a shit about the gender politics, espcially since you cannot satisfy the SJW demographics with this "white straight woman" example.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Straight from the lead facial animator's portfolio.

Wouldn't be so bad if she was a first year student, but this is from a graduate who got a job as an artistic lead.
I have a feeling the person responsible for the hires in Bioware Montreal isn't someone who understands the product.

Darkzone

Arcane

Wouldn't be so bad if she was a first year student, but this is from a graduate who got a job as an artistic lead.
I have a feeling the person responsible for the hires in Bioware Montreal isn't someone who understands the product.

Now it is obvious what has happened: gender, sexual orientation and race oriented hireing at Bioware Montreal, instead of qualification and experience based. And this is the reason why this movement will fuck everything up that it touches. Not that Mass effect was good before, but it has obviously lowered even more the quality of the delivered product.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik

Well, to be fair,
1) an animator doesn't have to be a 2d artist, and actually rarely is
2) facial animations in ME are procedural or mocap or a mix or whatever

So...

Shin

Cipher
wtf im normally not concerned about how game devs present themselves, but the current folk at bioware really were the special kids of the class huh?

Darkzone

Arcane
Well, to be fair,
1) an animator doesn't have to be a 2d artist, and actually rarely is
2) facial animations in ME are procedural or mocap or a mix or whatever

So...

Whom did they take for the mocap? Someone with a giant dildo in his arse? AHH.. This was sarcasm... Sorry. I didn't get it at first, but procedural was the hint.
Kubold on his first Test for face mocap:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom