Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

moraes

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Thanks guys, my rangerinna is a Challenger/Mitigator now, was a Scather/Mitigator previously. She still uses daggers, but less so. I've given her that powder skill that stuns foes so she can help with close combat killing.

Had that epic fight with the griffin at the tower, was easier than I expected, but I used all my oil and blast arrows to keep him constantly burning and grounded.

This game is good.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Can you play this solo without pawns? and if yes is it doable ?

I never like to have AI controlled party members.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
What's the fastest way to level to 200?
Farm death, and the boss of bitterblack. Doesn't actually take that long once you've got the right equipment/strategies to kill them quickly.

Yes and yes. Also, you can use them as ammo for a stupidly powerful attack as the magick archer. The assassin gets some bonus stats for being solo, and it's just generally pretty viable, the main drawback being the need to use consumables to cure status effects/heal, which pawns can handle for the most part otherwise.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Just realized that FRAPS doesn't record screenshots when the alt-key is pressed, so all the pictures I thought I was saving showing bow-usage for my strider/ranger/assassin character weren't actually saved. :dealwithit:

Emmanuel2

Savant

Yes, even the DLC postgame.

Do solo stuff depending on your class and ability: offline Ur-Dragon, Duskmoon tower + Rancid meat MA farming, Daimon 1st and 2nd phase, Death.

As for Vocations: solo Hard mode, choose vocation to level, go to greatwall encampment, rest till night, go right until you hit lich.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Did I finish the game proper?

I keep a checklist of which games I have and haven't completed so I want to know.

Last night I finally had the big battle with the dragon (a bit silly with a pure Fighter by the way) and some voice acting credits rolled. I got my heart back, curse broken, new curse inflicted, and so forth. Then the duke went apeshit on me and I had no choice but to throw him out a window. Then I fell down a (literally) bottomless well like Alice in Wonderland and now the only quests I have are "kill 30 lizards" and so forth.

Is this the "post game"? Obviously there is more to do, but did I complete Dragon's Dogma or not?

Most would agree that you did not, until you finish post-game as well and get the 'real' ending.
If you are only playing for the sake of completion, though, I'm not sure you'll have much of a good time.

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Most would agree that you did not, until you finish post-game as well and get the 'real' ending.
If you are only playing for the sake of completion, though, I'm not sure you'll have much of a good time.
That's not it, I love the game really. I just wanted to know if there was more structured/main story stuff to come or if it's down to "now hunt open world monsters and try to get to the bottom of the dungeon".

If there's a "real" ending coming where the full credits roll and so forth, I won't consider the game proper finished just yet. :) THANKS

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
That's not it, I love the game really. I just wanted to know if there was more structured/main story stuff to come or if it's down to "now hunt open world monsters and try to get to the bottom of the dungeon".

If there's a "real" ending coming where the full credits roll and so forth, I won't consider the game proper finished just yet. :) THANKS
Getting the 20 wakestones will lead to credits and NG+ so yeah, you aren't quite finished yet. It shouldn't take long, a few hours in Everfall.

Grimlorn

Arcane

You should run through Bittlerblack twice before doing the 20 wakestone quest.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
You should run through Bittlerblack twice before doing the 20 wakestone quest.
He should create a copy of his savegame before finishing the last part of the base game's main quest, so that he can see the final ending but then revert back to the savegame and play through Bitterblack Isle. :obviously:

Possibly, he should finish the first of the three main sections of Bitterblack Isle before seeing the end credits roll, but it takes a long time to go much further than that. And considering Zombra took over a year to reach the Dragon... :M

Last edited:

Zombra

Patron
Definitely have no intention of playing through anything twice. Might not do BBI at all*. That's in "maybe a year from now when I get the urge to play this game a little more" territory.

*Dark Souls wore out its welcome pretty fast.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane

Death gives tons of experience, so he's worth killing once. But I don't think he's terribly easy to farm as he disappears after taking X amount of damage and has to be re-triggered through bait (it's kind of a pain to run back and forth dropping bait and waiting for him to trigger, or it was for me anyway). The final bitterblack boss is the way to go. He's absurdly easy to farm with explosive arrows and temporary strength/damage buffs as a ranger and/or assassin. You can infinitely stagger him with explosive arrows, even in his second form, and he dies very quickly.

Also, the infinitely respawning boss arenas in the DLC are fun for variety and give a fair amount of XP.

Definitely have no intention of playing through anything twice. Might not do BBI at all*. That's in "maybe a year from now when I get the urge to play this game a little more" territory.

BBI is up there with my favorite DLC/Expansion from any game ever. I guess you will probably have to really love the game to begin with to enjoy it, as it's mostly about challenge bosses and rare loot more so than story or anything, but it does post-game challenge bosses and rare loot so well. If you like the game at all you should really give it a chance.

Last edited:

Grimlorn

Arcane

The game up to defeating the Dragon has just been a tutorial compared to BBI. It's a bit tough but fun and rewarding. The reason to go through it twice is the dungeon becomes a bit more difficult the second time around as does the boss.

Zombra

Patron
I know I'm losing all my hardcore cred on this subject - do I get any points back for playing with UI turned off?

I'll probably keep playing off and on, maybe I'll dip my toes in to BBI and see if it's fun. Of course I have to find my way out of Wonderland first!

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I know I'm losing all my hardcore cred on this subject - do I get any points back for playing with UI turned off?

I'll probably keep playing off and on, maybe I'll dip my toes in to BBI and see if it's fun. Of course I have to find my way out of Wonderland first!
Mate, you lost any hard-core cred you had when you admitted to skipping content because it's okay to do so.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron

dqUKYVr.png
uRLaXSL.png
kvAqY8K.png
A2sxZRA.png
1PZ0vo3.png

8Q2TUVD.png
Kvsg2Eg.png
MvWhB8C.png
X5eSOwy.png
zlyQ5xo.png

fhJPGKT.png
nZefllh.png
PjuJDDw.png
kJhZqVr.png
7sU4m7H.png

vIKNOqj.png
bzLJ3EU.png
kU5uWa9.png
nKIWmWT.png
4ehpsOw.png

Admittedly the lighting isn't the best for a few of them, so I might try to find replacements. The damn garden is always in shadow when I encounter Aelinore for the first time, but her later scenes have a different appearance for her (no crown, hair down), and Mason is always in shadow in my Catacombs screenshots.

Is there anyone else I should add?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How is that even determined who you get? I got the princess, was kinda boring. Didn't even interact with her much.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom