Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

a cut of domestic sheep prime

So does your sibling ever get thawed out in the game?

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Just when I thought DA2, Oblivion, and Fallout 3 were the most retarded games in existence.

Along comes this pile of shit to become King of the Shit.

:shitandpiss::shitandpiss::shitandpiss::shitandpiss:

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
So it seems JG indeed played MEA trial.

I think we should mark 17.03.2017 as a date of great importance: Bioware fucked up so bad even Julian Gollop felt it rippling thorugh the force and threw a tantrum on twitter.
:hero:

Last edited:

Jarmaro

Liturgist
I have cognitive dissonance while watching the gameplay. It doesn't look bad, I'd like to play it. But at the same time I don't understand how can it be so bad. It's like half of the workers rreally cared and did some great job (location design, locations, enviroment, combat) and the other half didn't give a fuck about the game, so they made fudge.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
Holy shit, look what I found on reddit.

It's worth pointing out that, at least according to IMDb, the only people on the story end of Andromeda that were around for the previous Mass Effect games are Mac Walters and John Dombrow. Walters was also the lead writer on ME3 after Drew Karpyshyn quit, and wrote what I feel are some mediocre to average comics in the Mass Effect universe. Dombrow was a senior writer on ME3, also wrote a few ME comics, and worked on BioShock Infinite and Telltale's Game of Thrones game.

The other person IMDb lists is Chris Schlerf, whose only writing credits are senior writer on Halo 4 and lead writer for a DLC mission for Destiny; and he's the lead writer on this game.

It also strikes me as probably not a great sign that this game only has two writers listed (Walters is the director), although it might just be that IMDb's listing is incomplete. ME1 had six writers, ME2 had eight, and ME3 had ten. Mind you, more writers is not necessarily better (in fact, in movies and TV it's often worse), but in a video game that generally has tons and tons of dialogue and lore text, I'd think you'd need more than two.

And reminder about creators:
This isn't even made by the same studio. This made by Bioware Montreal who were created only to help work on ME3's multiplayer.

pippin

That was known since the beginning. Bioware gave its most valued modern franchise to a bunch of beginners.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Holy shit, look what I found on reddit.

It's worth pointing out that, at least according to IMDb, the only people on the story end of Andromeda that were around for the previous Mass Effect games are Mac Walters and John Dombrow. Walters was also the lead writer on ME3 after Drew Karpyshyn quit, and wrote what I feel are some mediocre to average comics in the Mass Effect universe. Dombrow was a senior writer on ME3, also wrote a few ME comics, and worked on BioShock Infinite and Telltale's Game of Thrones game.

The other person IMDb lists is Chris Schlerf, whose only writing credits are senior writer on Halo 4 and lead writer for a DLC mission for Destiny; and he's the lead writer on this game.

It also strikes me as probably not a great sign that this game only has two writers listed (Walters is the director), although it might just be that IMDb's listing is incomplete. ME1 had six writers, ME2 had eight, and ME3 had ten. Mind you, more writers is not necessarily better (in fact, in movies and TV it's often worse), but in a video game that generally has tons and tons of dialogue and lore text, I'd think you'd need more than two.

And reminder about creators:
This isn't even made by the same studio. This made by Bioware Montreal who were created only to help work on ME3's multiplayer.
the worst part of ME3 and that's saying a lot

Padzi

Arbiter

:abyssgazer:
Well... we know where Bioware's priorities were when making this train wreck.

So this mean they weren't inspired by original Mass Effect but by a bunch of modern shit movies that shouldn't be inspiring a Mass Effect game. This is why ME:A sucks, because instead a game that is naturally based off of lore - some asshole went to the movies and thought to himself "Gee, this is so cool I need to put in next Mass Effect, I'm sure it will fix everything".
GLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
tumblr_omxreojsAl1swa3wko1_400.png

Besides - 600 years into the future without racism, sexism... hahaha, why are Kwanzanians and Cucknadians so obsessed with political correctness.
And bangable aliens was just thrown in a cherry on top for all those degenerates who love Bioware, "cool"...

I have found this one on Reddit. I kinda dig it:

Prime Junta

I am experiencing a hitherto entirely new flavour of hype.

I have zero interest in playing the game.

But I'm really looking forward to the best-of-let's-play videos.

Heretic

Cipher
It's over for Bioware. PewDiePie made a video about ME:A, too

Edit: "The faces she makes are the faces I make when I see the animation". :D

Seethe

Arbiter
I have cognitive dissonance while watching the gameplay. It doesn't look bad, I'd like to play it. But at the same time I don't understand how can it be so bad. It's like half of the workers rreally cared and did some great job (location design, locations, enviroment, combat) and the other half didn't give a fuck about the game, so they made fudge.

They're only humans after all, they're only humans after all, don't put the blame on them, don't put the blame on them

Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Fucking amazing, if this is what it's like pre-release then I can only imagine how big of a shit show it's going to be once it's finally released.
:happytrollboy:

The idiots over at r/masseffect trying to defend this garbage and posting bugs from the past games to cope with the fact this game is going to be such a fucking trainwreck. Also that chick with the SJW hipster haircut with the manly jaw has such a punchable face

Weasel
Thought the uncanny valley animations of the early 2000s were bad but somehow this is even more unsettling. Lulzy thread, even for those who know fuck all about the ME games.

William Rogers

Barely Literate
the worst part of ME3 and that's saying a lot

Really?

In my opinion, the me3 multiplayer was its saving grace along with, perhaps, the end to Mordin's story.

Additionally, the multiplayer developers were great at communicating with the players, listening to player concerns and the like. There were weekly patches and tons of free expansions.

So I am not surprised to hear that combat is good.

Maybe, I am biased because I have preordered the darned thing on the back of the multiplayer.

Because it sure as hell ain't an RPG.

It hasn't even been close to an RPG since the original Mass Effect and even that was a watered down hybrid.

As for andromeda, even Pewdiepie is making fun of it:

What went wrong here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MEKM2amQ2E

And, one of the team leads for world of warcraft and developer of games like the original starcraft/broodwar, diablo2 and warcraft 3, Mike Kern, is tweeting a lot:

"Every shitlord will buy this game...for it is a fountain of eternal meme."

https://twitter.com/Grummz/status/842359517027287040

Jarmaro

Liturgist
But frankly, I am losing desire to play it for "being mass effect" at all. I mostly want to explore planets, gather resources (but not like in Inqusition), and make prepared for colonists, beceause this actaully sound fun and gameplays show that we actually do it, by increasing "hatiable level" or something like that. Also, the plot must be at least average. Having entire new galaxy is and having humans which came from other galaxy is setting, that needs high skill of incompetency to fail. And yes, I know that everything so far seems bad, no big chances that it will get better as the game goes further.
As I said before, good hiking simulator similiar to skyrim. My hopes were reducted to this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom