Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Edit: The female from Andromeda explains that during the 600 year cryo sleep the natural mutation in Krogan that fights genophage (topic of Mordin's loyalty mission in ME2) was somehow enhanced or something. This would give them 1 in 25 viable births instead of 1 in 1000.

So fucking lame. If they are cryo-sleeping, it means that cells are in stasis. DNA cannot mutate, otherwise they will also grow old.

Juggie

Augur
Edit: The female from Andromeda explains that during the 600 year cryo sleep the natural mutation in Krogan that fights genophage (topic of Mordin's loyalty mission in ME2) was somehow enhanced or something. This would give them 1 in 25 viable births instead of 1 in 1000.

So fucking lame. If they are cryo-sleeping, it means that cells are in stasis. DNA cannot mutate, otherwise they will also grow old.

Actually IIRC originally it was mentioned as evolution - new individuals developed partial immunity. I guess they just retconned it into mutation to slightly better fit the cryo sleep premise.

Delbaeth

Learned
make.jpg

lolwut

Well, compared to some others, this one is almost acceptable.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I got a question that might be answered by "your knowledge of ME lore sucks" but here we go: Would would they bring Krogans to a new galaxy? Weren't they a super warlike chaotic race that were only allowed to live so they can stop that spider like even more dangerous race and later used to fight vs Reapers?
Why would someone want to let a race like that go and spread into a new galaxy where it would be only a matter of time before they start shit again? Especially since the goal is to colonize new planets, not conquer new civilizations?!
Krogans are fun and cool, that's enough reason.
Well they are a Cucked version of WK40k Orcs. How is that fun and cool?

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Actually IIRC originally it was mentioned as evolution - new individuals developed partial immunity. I guess they just retconned it into mutation to slightly better fit the cryo sleep premise.

Yes, but then Mordin Solus developed the Genophage 2.0 that rendered that partial immunity basically null.

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech

Yes, but then Mordin Solus developed the Genophage 2.0 that rendered that partial immunity basically null.

Mordin is the shit. The only character arc in ME3 really worth observing, because that is the only character defined by own accomplishments and having his story detached from player in a meaningful way.. instead of "Shepard halp!" all the time.

pippin

Mordin is the shit. The only character arc in ME3 really worth observing, because that is the only character defined by own accomplishments and having his story detached from player in a meaningful way.. instead of "Shepard halp!" all the time.

Basic writing is "the shit" now?

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron

Basic writing is "the shit" now?

I wouldn't consider his story arc "basic writing", that would be something just passable. Mordin was competent writing (+ good VA actor).
And yes, competent writing will always be the shit. Especially as it becomes less common every year. And especially if it is a piece of competent writing in a game full of basic writing - giving a strong contrast.

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
I knew going to IGN this morning was a good idea:

RbKmbGy.png

I hope that the first sentient alien species we encounter will be some Lovecraftian nightmare that eats parts of your brain when it mates with you (its own species can regrow lost brain matter) or that it is like the xenomorph from Alien/Aliens.

And I hope this guy is still alive when we meet them so that I can tell the alien representatives that I know someone who would really like to get intimate with them, and that they are willing to give it a try.

Original Memes

C7Dl5skVsAIoUOo.jpg

Hey your closer than you think Nael Check out space Pythagoras making a square with four corners in 10 seconds...

https://webmshare.com/7QMRy

EDIT- Not my meme I pinched it from cripplechan

AAA writing right there

:bravo:

...our memes have become so powerful we are changing the game in real time...They are patching like fuck right now to try cover up the garbage that has been exposed, though they'll just fuck it up and end up making it worse and including a shitty lol meme reference.

I honestly think that this game could now be delayed as some EA execs are right now watching a playthrough of the game in Biowares office and others checking the internet to see the reaction and the CEO of EA will be screaming down the phone and taking heads. I'd love to be a fly on the wall right now at Biowares offices as they playthrough the game and turn around and nod and grin at their shitty writing to the EA suits who are getting more and more outraged at the absolute trainwreck this is, I bet it's something like this...

Last edited:

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
...our memes have become so powerful we are changing the game in real time...They are patching like fuck right now to try cover up the garbage that has been exposed, though they'll just fuck it up and end up making it worse and including a shitty lol meme reference.

(...)
I honestly think that this game could now be delayed as some EA execs are right now watching a playthrough of the game in Biowares office and others checking the internet to see the reaction and the CEO of EA will be screaming down the phone and taking heads.

Citation really needed.

3 day one patches

It's at least 2.3 GB.

Here’s what’s included with Mass Effect Andromeda update 1.01, 1.02, and 1.03 on PS4:

Version 1.01

• Improvements to Strike Teams UI screens
    • Additional multiplayer tutorials implemented
    • Balance: guns, loot drops, reward packs, objectives scoring
    • Improved appearance of character portraits
    • Adds new artwork for MP characters, armor, challenges in menu and codex entries
    • Improvements to many cinematics, conversations, and other character interactions
    • Improvements to quest tracking and waypoints
    • Improved quest rewards
    • Fixes various collision issues and a few rare audio issues
    • Performance improvements
Version 1.02

• Quest balancing
    • Various bug fixes and stability improvements
Version 1.03

Read more at Mass Effect Andromeda Update 1.03, PS4 Pre-Load Live

Version 1.04
  • Even more bug fixes and stability improvements
Version 1.05
  • We give up

Version 1.06 features

• Refund button

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
3 day one patches

It's at least 2.3 GB.

Here’s what’s included with Mass Effect Andromeda update 1.01, 1.02, and 1.03 on PS4:

Version 1.01

• Improvements to Strike Teams UI screens
    • Additional multiplayer tutorials implemented
    • Balance: guns, loot drops, reward packs, objectives scoring
    • Improved appearance of character portraits
    • Adds new artwork for MP characters, armor, challenges in menu and codex entries
    • Improvements to many cinematics, conversations, and other character interactions
    • Improvements to quest tracking and waypoints
    • Improved quest rewards
    • Fixes various collision issues and a few rare audio issues
    • Performance improvements
Version 1.02

• Quest balancing
Version 1.03

Read more at Mass Effect Andromeda Update 1.03, PS4 Pre-Load Live

Version 1.04
  • Even more bug fixes and stability improvements
Version 1.05
  • We give up

Version 1.06 features

• Refund button
There is no refund button. Steam allows only 2 hour of playing until refund, and only if you are still within 14 days from purchase.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
To clarify, game we all are bashing IS THE PATCHED version. Release won't be better, despite my hopes.

He answered question about animations/facial animations too....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom