Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Probably old, but it bears repeating that animations are far from the only thing wrong with the graphics.

neck still looks funny and she's still a mexican 2/10

Definitely old, but also definitely worth repeating.

oneself

Arcane
Shitposter
A minority-white, multicultural hellscape
dcFE3SX.jpg

Probably old, but it bears repeating that animations are far from the only thing wrong with the graphics.

neck still looks funny and she's still a mexican 2/10

:decline:

#allshapesarebeautiful

RPGMasterLvl2

Novice
What some random person did in Reddit:

Five fucking years.

hello darkness my old friend

I think lyrics from The Boxer are more relevant to Bioware and Biodrones:

I am just a poor boy
Though my story's seldom told
I have squandered my resistance
For a pocketful of mumbles
Such are promises
All lies and jests
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest

No one could ever ask for a better three-headed monkey.

The video clip wasn't mine,I got that when I was looking on neogaf to see what they'd stolen :lol:

mind you, I'm pissed they haven't bothered yet with the poetry clips and the not-Jacob fart clip.

RangerBoo

Arcane
The Homeless Paradise of Washington State
I am honestly surprised that Bioware and EA haven't tried to do the same marketing trick that Sony tried doing with Fembusters. ""Buy the game to make all those racist, sexist, homophobes, xenophobes, transphobes, something-phobes, cis, hetero, man-children mad!" Although I am kinda excepting them to do this soon though.

Last edited:

pippin

It's assumed because Bioware is their "LGBT" studio. It gives them the pink star points. Go watch that "hate is not a game" video they did, half of it is The Sims and the other half is Bioware.

RangerBoo

Arcane
The Homeless Paradise of Washington State
It's assumed because Bioware is their "LGBT" studio. It gives them the pink star points. Go watch that "hate is not a game" video they did, half of it is The Sims and the other half is Bioware.
Oh yeah, a lot of that shit is in The Sims and their community. Doesn't help that EA has been pandering to the Tumblr crowd with The Sims such as removing the gender binary in the CAS and allowing you to finally make that non-cis, gender fluid transsexual that we all have been dying to make.
:codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:

you guys don't understand bioware wanted to purposely make ugly characters because that's how people are in real life!
Is there any truth to that? Did they say that in an interview at some point? Because this level of incompetence is mind boggling. Literally every character is ugly and/or deformed.

If you look at the Bioware fans they are all saying the characters are acting like robots because they are robots in the end game...:D:D:D:D:D:D

And they all look like hipster cunts ideas of heros and talk like tumblr landwhales because there is a DLC that makes you and all the aliens have sex and drink space tizer and turns you into a pink amorphous blog blob that saves the galaxy by getting fat and expanding faster than the universe while writing for kotaku and the huffington post.

Vorark

Erudite
Its funny but I really want to play this to enjoy the train wreck. Its to bad they want money for it.

This game is quickly approaching "So Bad - It's Good" territory..
I had zero interest in the game.. this Thread is making me wanna buy it though. :lol:

Wait for the CPY approved version. :obviously:

3 day one patches

It's at least 2.3 GB.

Here’s what’s included with Mass Effect Andromeda update 1.01, 1.02, and 1.03 on PS4:

Version 1.01

• Improvements to Strike Teams UI screens
    • Additional multiplayer tutorials implemented
    • Balance: guns, loot drops, reward packs, objectives scoring
    • Improved appearance of character portraits
    • Adds new artwork for MP characters, armor, challenges in menu and codex entries
    • Improvements to many cinematics, conversations, and other character interactions
    • Improvements to quest tracking and waypoints
    • Improved quest rewards
    • Fixes various collision issues and a few rare audio issues
    • Performance improvements
Version 1.02

• Quest balancing
    • Various bug fixes and stability improvements
Version 1.03

• Various bug fixes and stability improvements
Read more at Mass Effect Andromeda Update 1.03, PS4 Pre-Load Live

Version 1.04
  • Even more bug fixes and stability improvements
Version 1.05
  • We give up

I actually thought all of it was made up, then I noticed the link... :hmmm:

Last edited:

Glaucon

Prophet
This may just be the Heaven's Gate of AAA development, at least as far as PR is concerned.

Rev

Arcane
I am honestly surprised that Bioware and EA haven't tried to do the same marketing trick that Sony tried doing with Fembusters. ""Buy the game to make all those racist, sexist, homophobes, xenophobes, transphobes, something-phobes, cis, hetero, man-children mad!" Although I am kinda excepting them to do this soon though.
Maybe because Ghostbusters flopped? :M

a cut of domestic sheep prime

So yeah, the "Tempest" instead of the Normandy, Pathfinder instead of Commander, all dialog options are weak, no renegade mode.

Everything about the original ME screamed military. You even had the option to be a total pro-human racist in ME1&2. I think I remember one of the Bioware devs even talked positively about the being able to take a "softer tone" with the Patherfinder's dialog than they did with Shepard. It feels like the series got co-opted along the way by people who hate the hard military feel of the game and so decided to subtly gut those aspects.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom