Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Gothic turns 15 years

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
What's up with that handling time though? Is it common for Russian sellers?

Ordered the item as soon as Junmarko linked to it and it's yet to be shipped.

I ordered it on January the 15th, so basically a month. Sorry, I should have clarified that initially.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
What's up with that handling time though? Is it common for Russian sellers?

Ordered the item as soon as Junmarko linked to it and it's yet to be shipped.
Be patient, the poor Ivan has to mine the iron ore himself. Life is not easy in Ruskie land.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Haha! Wore it into the office.

Men: "Dude that is sick! Where did you get it?!"
Women: "What is that? Are you in a cult?..." *Weird looks*

yH1qvSfl.jpg

sleeper_small.png

Yes...lol

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Tell them what they do with women in the colony first

edit
did some test with L'Hivers popamole editions, the ones that remove harder difficulty (level rusian*) and the most fun is unBalanced Edition. If you set "Gothic1 control ON" you can aim with bows like in the Gothic3, and that thing kill wolf with 2 arrows, bandit in light b. armor with 3-4 arrows. You can even kill troll with it. Mandess.
Got to drop it because modder did lot of tests and decided to re-write everything from scratch.

Then tested Balanced Edition, now things works. Forging armors, improving them 4 times :incline: btw. they removed encumberance too. Did not had any problems with it though. Plants being "alchemy integrents" and not healing you - bit more trouble but not much.

Still waiting for L'Hiver 0.9.8 versions adaptations...

Last edited:

throwaway

Cipher
20170222_134728.jpg

20170222_134621.jpg

Got here about a week ago, they shipped it a couple of days after my other post. Pretty good quality, arguably better than what was in the collector's edition of Gothic 3 (judging by the pictures).

Now I just need to figure out some actual use* for it as a grown ass non-metalhead man.

*Or a good excuse/story

In other news Degenerated released v0.3 of his REGoth engine, looks like it's gotten pretty far (then again that's what I thought about OpenMW 4 years ago).

Last edited:

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Now I just need to figure out some actual use* for it as a grown ass non-metalhead man.

Embrace your inner dork and just wear it! :lol:

In other news Degenerated released v0.3 of his REGoth engine, looks like it's gotten pretty far (then again that's what I thought about OpenMW 4 years ago).

Degenerated is a machine. Between this and optimising DX11 for Gothic 1 and 2, you wonder how he has any free time at all. :salute:

Last edited:

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
:necro:
Been replaying the first Gothic recently, really reignited my love for Gothic 1 & 2. :love:

I've never actually finished either game so I'm determined to finish the first Gothic before I move onto the second.

Still, I'm quite looking forward to playing Gothic 2 again. I remember the mage path in Gothic 2 being somewhat unsatisfactory, even though the monastery quest line is pretty great.

Anybody have any particular feelings on which is superior / more enjoyable out of the militia or mercenary path?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:necro:
Been replaying the first Gothic recently, really reignited my love for Gothic 1 & 2. :love:

I've never actually finished either game so I'm determined to finish the first Gothic before I move onto the second.

Still, I'm quite looking forward to playing Gothic 2 again. I remember the mage path in Gothic 2 being somewhat unsatisfactory, even though the monastery quest line is pretty great.

Anybody have any particular feelings on which is superior / more enjoyable out of the militia or mercenary path?
More bros in the merc line.

throwaway

Cipher
Significant part of the merc content is accessible in ch1 without becoming a member. I feel assimilation-wise the Mage path is somewhat the closest to khorinis' local society so there's clear lore perks. In g2 Vanilla the high level spells were pretty awesome as well.

Modron

Arcane
Been forever since I played the Gothics starting to blend together, I remember going the paladin or whatever it was called route so I could cheese my str to somewhere in the neighborhood of 275ish using alchemy and prayer.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Paladin path is easier (at least in vanilla), as the Str requirements on equipment is lower and the runes you get in Act 3 are frankly overpowered. Of course removing the challenge from the game may be a bad thing.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Gothic game in Unity engine when?
There is already Stalker in this shit engine so it should be a matter of time.
Or not because Stalker is liked in the west (where Unity is used) while Gothic is not and dem ruskies hate this shit engine. For good reason.

edit
Durmin PAradox videos are back bitches!

Last edited:

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
So after all the hype ELEX is getting around the Codex I bought it and was getting ready to play it... but with all the “return to Gothic glory” comments I recalled I actually never got around playing Gothic 1 & 2
I bough Gothic 2 on a trade show a few years ago but the disk was defective and since they had no other copies they traded me for Temple of Elemental Evil and while later I got both Gothics from GOG I never got around to playing them
I rarely have the time to play games of a same series and since Gothic 2 is supposedly the better game I was almost going to start there but since the general consensus is that playing the first game makes the second one more enjoyable I decided to say fuck it and installed Gothic with most of the modern patches and fixes.... no DX fix for me since I am planned to play them on my laptop to avoid the small text problem at higher resolutions

So far the game is.... incredible

It feels so damn rewarding the characters progression, scrounging for ore and items to get started and finding a treasure chest really feels like a treasure when you get just enough to train or buy that sword
I am still on Chapter One and have not picked a camp but the game is just so much fun.
The controls are a bit of a pain at first but they work and make combat tense and challenging where you can try to take on higher level monsters and try to outmaneuver them... it is simply superb
I used to think that level scaling games were not so bad... but the sheer level of growth you get from games like Gothic and the wonderful world building maked me rethink that
Kind of happy and sad about discovering Gothic until now; happy that it is such a great game and sad that after Gothic 2 sounds like everything else from PB kind of sucks... but ELEX sounds like a return to basics for the studio

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
So after all the hype ELEX is getting around the Codex I bought it and was getting ready to play it... but with all the “return to Gothic glory” comments I recalled I actually never got around playing Gothic 1 & 2
I bough Gothic 2 on a trade show a few years ago but the disk was defective and since they had no other copies they traded me for Temple of Elemental Evil and while later I got both Gothics from GOG I never got around to playing them
I rarely have the time to play games of a same series and since Gothic 2 is supposedly the better game I was almost going to start there but since the general consensus is that playing the first game makes the second one more enjoyable I decided to say fuck it and installed Gothic with most of the modern patches and fixes.... no DX fix for me since I am planned to play them on my laptop to avoid the small text problem at higher resolutions

So far the game is.... incredible

It feels so damn rewarding the characters progression, scrounging for ore and items to get started and finding a treasure chest really feels like a treasure when you get just enough to train or buy that sword
I am still on Chapter One and have not picked a camp but the game is just so much fun.
The controls are a bit of a pain at first but they work and make combat tense and challenging where you can try to take on higher level monsters and try to outmaneuver them... it is simply superb
I used to think that level scaling games were not so bad... but the sheer level of growth you get from games like Gothic and the wonderful world building maked me rethink that
Kind of happy and sad about discovering Gothic until now; happy that it is such a great game and sad that after Gothic 2 sounds like everything else from PB kind of sucks... but ELEX sounds like a return to basics for the studio

Gothic is amazing, but one of the things I'm really sad about is that I played it after playing the likes of Skyrim, Morrowind, Fallout: New Vegas, and I got way too used to games that last a long time. Gothic's 30 hours were fun, but I was left craving for much, much more.

Jinn

Arcane
Gothic is amazing, but one of the things I'm really sad about is that I played it after playing the likes of Skyrim, Morrowind, Fallout: New Vegas, and I got way too used to games that last a long time. Gothic's 30 hours were fun, but I was left craving for much, much more.

You can always replay it as another faction.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2

You can always replay it as another faction.
That gamelength sounds about right for me, the last RPGs I finished were Age of Decadence and Dungeon Rats and 15, 20 hour games are perfect for me; They are long enough to be satisfying and short enough to be replayable over a weekend
I wanted to try a fire mage but seems that for a first playthrough a melee char is a better bet, definetly joining the new camp I like their Robin Hood vibe

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom