Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

salaciousbcrumb Man, am disappointed in the lack of faith you show in support of your Battle Brothers about to embark on a mortal mission. Report to Chapter Chaplain immediately. (and no, I'm not LARP-ing a German, if that's what rustled your jimmies :))

No your playing the damn thing, unless your live recording the playthrough for bugs and dank memes it's unforgivable...

Anyway heres another article from gamesradar showing all the tasty bits and giving the credit to gaf again (this time it's forgivable as they only say they rounded up the best bits)

Mass Effect Andromeda's animations are getting compared to Pingu, robots and gorillas

http://www.gamesradar.com/mass-effe...etting-compared-to-pingu-robots-and-gorillas/

hillarytired.jpg

tappertired.jpg

faragetired.jpg

Just looking at the gaf forums and even those cucked degenarates are being allowed to take the piss out of this by the mods, while still theiving memes. What the hell happened? During the ME3 shitshow I remember seeing mods shutting down forums over there and banning users for negative vibes. Well if they keep this up and keep giving Bioware bad press, as the gaming media will visit neogaf, but never the codex or chans, I'm more than happy for them to steal my memes.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Just looking at the gaf forums and even those cucked degenarates are being allowed to take the piss out of this by the mods, while still theiving memes. What the hell happened? During the ME3 shitshow I remember seeing mods shutting down forums over there and banning users for negative vibes. Well if they keep this up and keep giving Bioware bad press, as the gaming media will visit neogaf, but never the codex or chans, I'm more than happy for them to steal my memes.

Its not a Playstation exclusive, so they are allowed to shit on it.

complilation videos are getting longer already and these are just from a few lets plays for the start of the game and using other glitches, I told you the spoof reel will be a four hour epic...

Taskityo

Educated
They can look "too real" sometimes like a real face slapped onto a low-poly character.

Did Witcher 3 use mocap? I don't think so.

They did use Motion Capture. However, CD Projekt came up with a way to make the majority of it by "algorithm" and other tweaking tools so they didn't need to motion capture every dialogue scene (an article about it). And also a separate article for the 7,000 more animations they made for DLC over a year.

The “algorithm” or “generator” as we call it, was used only as a solid base for further development of the scene. It was a shortcut, a tool, but never a goal. More of a production-related thing. It created a rough first pass through a scene, which was always tweaked and adjusted by hand - in all 1463 dialogues. In many, the algorithm wasn't used at all, as they demanded custom approach from the very beginning.

Every cinematic dialogue was approached with the same care, attention and goal - to create the most compelling and emotional scene for given quest and story. Only this way, the characters could ring true and players would want to invest in them, to understand them, to help or condemn them. When they act like humans, not voiceover-delivery machines. Achieving this is a deliberate, careful process.

Bioware backed by EA's loads of cash was unable to achieve a "deliberate careful process" like CD Projekt. Interesting indeed.

Mozg

Arcane
Is there a game with facegen in this console generation that doesn't look bad? I wonder if peoples expectations from shit like Uncharted 4 and RE7 have made it so facegen-compatible heads can't hang in there at the edge of acceptability anymore like they could on Xbox360 shit.

Gerrard

Arcane
They can look "too real" sometimes like a real face slapped onto a low-poly character.

Did Witcher 3 use mocap? I don't think so.

They did use Motion Capture. However, CD Projekt came up with a way to make the majority of it by "algorithm" and other tweaking tools so they didn't need to motion capture every dialogue scene (an article about it). And also a separate article for the 7,000 more animations they made for DLC over a year.

The “algorithm” or “generator” as we call it, was used only as a solid base for further development of the scene. It was a shortcut, a tool, but never a goal. More of a production-related thing. It created a rough first pass through a scene, which was always tweaked and adjusted by hand - in all 1463 dialogues. In many, the algorithm wasn't used at all, as they demanded custom approach from the very beginning.

Every cinematic dialogue was approached with the same care, attention and goal - to create the most compelling and emotional scene for given quest and story. Only this way, the characters could ring true and players would want to invest in them, to understand them, to help or condemn them. When they act like humans, not voiceover-delivery machines. Achieving this is a deliberate, careful process.

Bioware backed by EA's loads of cash was unable to achieve a "deliberate careful process" like CD Projekt. Interesting indeed.
64m4ZTL.png

Sentinel

Arcane
Is there a game with facegen in this console generation that doesn't look bad? I wonder if peoples expectations from shit like Uncharted 4 and RE7 have made it so facegen-compatible heads can't hang in there at the edge of acceptability anymore like they could on Xbox360 shit.
what do you mean by facegen? Algorithm-generated facial animations?

Mozg

Arcane
what do you mean by facegen? Algorithm-generated facial animations?

Games where the player is able to make the character's face/head possibly body in a creator, where I assume the facial animations and stuff have to be made more generic than some guy at Naughty Dog poring over Uncharted Man's face for days to get his sneer right.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I was almost willing to give this game a chance since I enjoyed ME1&2 for their popamoleness, but the last few pages are just.. :prosper:There's no way this game is worth paying full price for.

Taskityo

Educated

A goof then, sorry. No facial mocap, but assuming they did Motion Capture for other animation work, since that post is specific to (No) Facial Mocap. Walking, running, sword fighting, etc. - at least that's what I've read elsewhere.

so i just watched a streaming for scientific purposes, i never trust even myself without experiencing firsthand.
15 seconds in and my honest reaction was "holy fucking christ, what the fuck is this fucking shit?". few minutes more i came to the understanding that 90% of the exploration has been made to force the player to keep the witcher senses always active. and they sucked in tw3 already, where they were used sparingly. the remaining 10% is some sort of retarded ass creep wannabe without its precision, basically i watched this guy jumping and trying to grab this ledge, this obviously grabbable ledge, only to be bumped back down because he didn't grab the right pixel.
holy.
fucking.
shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom