Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kickstarter Watch.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Looks very good.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Combat doesn't look too deep but it does look interesting otherwise. I like how they mention the study of historical sources, working with historians and going for authenticity. Game time estimate is pretty short but I might actually back this one.

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Backed this one! ☭☭☭

e:

in those days people were dying in their hundreds from starvation and others were shot on sight in order for their killers to have some “results”. We want you to meet those people, we want you to see their plight.
so it's revisionist anti-soviet game, I will have to cancel my pledge :decline:

Last edited:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Hmm. Tactical "dialogue combat" RPG with no game board but lots of maneuvers and plenty of skill checks? I haven't watched the pitch yet but looks like it could be something.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blackhive/kova-side-scrolling-action-rpg

Kova is a side-scrolling action RPG in the metroidvania style. Take on the role of Kova, a mercenary-explorer surviving through tough times as she crosses the galaxy. Interact with larger-than-life characters, travel to hand-painted planets, and struggle against vicious creatures as you unravel the universe's greatest mystery - why has humanity never encountered intelligent alien life?

9cfa42bc5772acba3bd9530e64f3d2bd_original.gif

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://forttriumph.com/about/
WHAT IS FORT TRIUMPH?

Fort Triumph is a fantasy Turn Based Strategy/Tactics RPG. The world of Fort Triumph allows your heroes to take cover, push enemies, knock down pillars, collapse walls, burn trees, sink enemies in lava, freeze rivers and traverse them, leap chasms to flank opponents, and more. All of these make for fantastic innovative gameplay.

GAMEPLAY

Fort Triumph puts a big emphasis on the combat layer – we want to make combat fun, putting the player in dangerous situations against overwhelming odds, and let them use their heroes and the surroundings in clever ways to win – which is what, for us, makes a great tactics game.

Different hero classes can interact with the environment in different ways. This isn’t limited to specific objects, everything in the world is interactable: trees, rocks, barrels, and even enemies or allies can be pushed, pulled, knocked down, used as cover, frozen, burned and more.

Knock down a pillar, and use it as cover for your heroes. Uproot a tree, and use it to cross a river. Push a boulder, and climb on it as a platform to an area you otherwise couldn’t reach. Kick an ally over a chasm to reach an enemy archer – the possibilies are endless.

Outside of combat, you can recruit and train heroes, buy and craft equipment, take on quests, travel the world through villages, mountains, farmlands, forests, dungeons, castles and other locales. What you choose to do will determine the story of your adventure.

STORY

One of our goals was to create an engaging storyline and a deeper connection to characters. The stories of Fort Triumph are composed of several elements, procedurally generated from a selection of locations, enemies, allies, events, quests, and influenced by the player’s choices.

In one playthrough you may be facing a horde of monsters laying siege to your castle, in another you’re invading the domain of zealous subterranean molemen to rescue the duke’s spoiled son, and in a third you’re rallying an army for a climactic battle against a neighboring kingdom. No two playthroughs are alike.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Nice premise.
Overall I'd prefer more turn-based traditionnal RPGs in handcrafted open-world instead of strategy games with heroes cut into scenarios (the chapters button at the beginning would suggest that) and with procerdual content, but I'm going to follow this one.
Maybe I'll even back it if the first tier including the game is not too expensive.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom