Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

Murk

Arcane
C7C7HfdVsAAVe_P.jpg:large

pffftt

deranged

Cipher
http://www.pcgamer.com/we-have-mixed-feelings-about-the-first-few-hours-of-mass-effect-andromeda/
Quote:
Last week I wrote that I’d be fine if “Andromeda ends up being just quite a good Mass Effect game”, but today even that feels like a distant dream. I’ll caveat what I’m about to say by noting I’m only six hours in, but right now I’m not sure I even want to play much more, and that hurts given how much I was looking forward to this. Wait until you hear some of the writing, which is regularly straight up asinine. At one point I ran a group of Kett over in the Nomad and Ryder shouted out triumphantly: “Speedbump!” Ugh, ugh, ugh.

Jumping really feels out of place in a game like this. This is a mess.
So does in Inquisishit and TW3, It's just there so you can get out of some glitches.

This game is about on par with Dragon Age 2.
I've said it before, but as bad as DAII was, it was never an MMO Wannabe borefest. M3SS EFFECT Is worse on that regard.

every prior entry ... was a compact 25 hour experience.
You sure about this? I never got under 50 in any ME before.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Maybe EA found out that the animation department is costly so they're testing how far they can go with bad animations and still have bestseller.

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Bioware is only alive because SWTOR still makes decent money (for now). Also, despite SWTOR being an MMO, it still has less MMO type quests than MEA.

Games like this justify the Codex's existence.

part 4 and 5 down with, despite there being glitches everywhere, and the shitty dialouge at the start part 5 was lacking in truly awful memes as it was mostly combat, the funniest things I saw were getting off the ship and having duplicate clones of your companions running up and down a hillock at the other end of the ship in the distance, while they were still stood beside you and female Ryder talks to a scavenger on the planet who looks like her twin, as he has the same face modelling down to the moles and eyebrows just on a bigger face.

Part 4 has been mostly covered, there is the woman with the awful haircut and more of the clipart backgrounds, as for the rest it's more of the same shit but not quite as bad as Tired Faces dialouge.

Hey but look who you bump into as you're about to leave...

masswars.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom