Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Jumping really feels out of place in a game like this. This is a mess.

In fairness, TW3 had glitches exploitable via jumping too.

I always use them to avoid paying the 50 coin entrance fee to watch the acting troupe rehearse. Highway robbery, I tell you! :argh:

Pablosdog

Prophet
I played 5 hours of the Trial.

There's numerous problems with this game(quite obvious) and I'm sure many have seen the footage of the abominable animations. There's also issues with the U.I(which have been discussed before) although I can deal with shitty or cumbersome U.I.

The narrative is pretty terrible, and you get no emotional connections to any characters. You are just thrust in the situation(I guess like Shepard), but it was handled much better in ME1, and while things were somewhat railroaded, you at least somewhat cared about what you were doing.

Your family is a bunch of smiling sociopaths(even when your sister is in a coma, she continues to smile like a fucking lunatic) and your father is some mysterious jackass who implants a deus ex machina inside of you. That being a really dull british(lol so random) A.I named Sam who gives you vague answers and tells you to scan tables so that you can find out about the mysteries of the universe.

This game is about 30 percent shooting, 30 percent making arbitrary choices from a dull protagonist who only makes bemused answers that make no difference, and the remaining 30 percent is scanning. A third of this game is you scanning everything in site. Also the Planet scanner has this annoying ass zoom that takes about 10 seconds per planet.

This game is about on par with Dragon Age 2.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
EA, please, would you just shut down this studio like you used to do with the other ones you bought? Bioware had its time, time to put it to rest.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
C6ttdlsU0AAcHwU.jpg

Even among Mass Effect fans, these new losers are completely overshadowed by the original trilogy's cast. I actually thought Liara was annoying in the first Mass Effect. I had no idea how bad things could get.

oh-no.gif

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Just for the lolz, facial animation samples from VtM: Bloodlines, 13 god-damned years ago.

giphy.gif

tumblr_nn64rmPSAG1qcm0i5o2_500.gif

giphy.gif

Crude, but still managing to seem more "life-like" than these ME:A turds.

Technology notwithstanding, Bloodlines really showed how facial animations / emoting could do a lot to back up the voice acting and the writing itself.

sorry but VTM got nothing on LA noire

lanoire_mmhmmmmht.gif

lanoire_gameplayseriesq7nk.gif

IIrVz.gif

WG29Cya.gif

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Alright - what happened?
To who?
TO WHOM! Sorry. Just tired of dealing with everythang lah.

:lol: Yeah I'm so tired I can correct your grammar.

I know he died.

But what happened

to

pathfinder?

:negative:

Starwars

Arcane
To be honest, while LA Noire faces can look pretty amazing, there are also moments where they look *extremely* fucking weird.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
After playing some more and gaining access to the first planet, the game takes a nose dive right into mmo land. Combat is still fun, the jumping and shooting, but at this point the game is starting to lose me. The whole running around and clicking on random things is not that much fun. Getting serious Inquisition vibes. Also met two new team mates, they ain't no Garrus or Liara. I want a nice structured adventure, since it isn't a RPG. This collectatron stuff feels old.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
EA, please, would you just shut down this studio like you used to do with the other ones you bought? Bioware had its time, time to put it to rest.

Better studios that Bioware were closed for not even failing, just not getting the profits as high as they wanted, so how the fuck is Bioware still a thing?

Save yourself from playing this cockfest. It's not too late.

You're joking ,right? Miss all that fun? I'm totally buying it out of some bargain bin in the future, get some popcorn and a ton of vodka.
This is gonna be "so bad it is hilarious fun" selection, same as with some movies.

Why waste money? A few years from now you'll find it for free on Origin.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
so how the fuck is Bioware still a thing?
They bring in the money?

Of course they do. So did Origin, Bullfrog, Jane's EA and Westwood.

Those just didn't bring ENOUGH money. Bioware costs a whole lot more in expense and brings in relatively little based on the outlay, most of it on D1P console sales.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom