Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pillars of Eternity II Fig Update #23: All About Naga

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire

Obsidian have published a new Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Fig update, in what looks like is going to be a regular Tuesday update schedule. This update formally introduces the Naga, the Deadfire Archipelago's designated trash mob race. They look like they're going to be a bit more complicated than the Xaurips, though. I quote:

Behold the intimidating and cunning naga, one of our many types of creatures in Pillars II.

Variants, Types & Abilities

There are three variants of naga with their own resistances and weaknesses:
  • Naga (Poison)
    • Resistances: Poison
    • Weaknesses: None
  • Flame Naga (Fire)
    • Resistances: Dexterity Afflictions (Hobbled, Immobilize, Paralyze), Piercing Resistance
    • Weaknesses: Slashing, Water
  • Coral Naga (Water)
    • Resistances: Dexterity Afflictions (Hobbled, Immobilize, Paralyze), Piercing Resistance
    • Weaknesses: Slashing, Shock
The variants can be further broken down into types, each with their own unique abilities:
  • Warriors: The least intelligent type of naga. These are brutes focused primarily on dealing melee damage.
  • Skirmishers: Also known as archers. Skirmishers are the most venomous, cunning, and deadly.
  • Shamans: Spiritual and political leaders. Most intelligent and Druid/Priest casters.
Lore

Naga are a species of intelligent, reptilian wilder. They are native to many islands in the Deadfire Archipelago, and their various subspecies have adapted to a variety of conditions present there, including jungles, coral atolls, and volcanic slopes.

Social by nature, they tend to live in large groups, often under the guidance of spiritual leaders. Most are highly religious and consider themselves more sensitive to the will of the gods than kith societies, which has led to violent confrontations between the native naga and the many newcomers to Deadfire. On the other hand, they maintain neutral relationships with most Huana tribes.

Their long-established oral tradition tells of the cataclysmic devastation of the archipelago millennia ago, and of the kith misdeeds that preceded it. Many attribute naga hostilities to these tales and to the mistrust they engender.
As of this week, Deadfire has gathered $4.55M of funding (apparently last week's update was mistaken). According to Obsidian, the backer portal site should be ready "very soon".

ArchAngel

Arcane
So they take a interesting D&D monster and turn it into a boring replica that players will probably fight and kill in big numbers on boring open fields?

Well sounds like it fits PoE perfectly with the game being a retarded smaller brother of D&D.

Last edited:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is it really necessary to post every Pillars of Eternity Kickstarter crowd-funding update as a news item on the Codex?

Not trying to be snarky here - I enjoyed first the game and expect to enjoy the sequel too. It is just not all of these updates are actually noteworthy and/or interesting. This one, for example, is neither one or the other.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
They should make them gay romanceable in order to get the Bioware audience.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
The guy that made this update looks like he don't play Pillars,as poison type of damage is called Corrosive. Water will be new type of damage? I have a suspicion they didn't thought that very thoroughly.

Last edited:

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I like my snakewomen a little more busty.
yeah beacuase snakes are mammals :M

argonian_female_by_foxred1988-d9ds236.jpg

25250164.jpg

Last edited:

DramaticPopcorn

Is it really necessary to post every Pillars of Eternity Kickstarter crowd-funding update as a news item on the Codex?

Not trying to be snarky here - I enjoyed first the game and expect to enjoy the sequel too. It is just not all of these updates are actually noteworthy and/or interesting. This one, for example, is neither one or the other.
This is News, aka Inshillitron's realm, boy.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy

This is News, aka Inshillitron's realm, boy.
Well most of time its these news or nothing. We don't have a market that releases every year dozens of major RPGs. We got how many big KS RPGs released? 5 with addons? And most of us don't care about vapourware.

I remember when we complained about DAO, but now you are complaining about isometric RPGs. If you don't like these news, do you really belong here?

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well most of time its these news or nothing.
This is false. There are plenty of (indie - obviously) RPGs out there. For example Sorcery! or Ember were never even mentioned on the front page (or mentioned in passing).

But it probably takes a little more work and time to actually go searching for the news instead of copy-pasting them from mail inbox. I could do such copy-pasting myself, but I do not aspire to be news poster.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
This is false. There are plenty of (indie - obviously) RPGs out there. For example Sorcery! or Ember were never even mentioned on the front page (or mentioned in passing).

But it probably takes a little more work and time to actually go searching for the news instead of copy-pasting them from mail inbox. I could do such copy-pasting myself, but I do not aspire to be news poster.

Why? You would get blamed for everything and not getting paid. Just ask infiltron.

Now, there are few people who actually know about these games and even fewer that care, so dunno if they should be covered. Just watched ember btw. An isometric popamole, what a gem in a pile of tras... oh, wait...
If you don't like these news, do you really belong here?
Nice try, Shillitron

Meh, made manifest.

---

Arcane

Now, there are few people who actually know about these games
Few people know about them, because news do not cover them. News do not cover them, because few people care. Few people care people because few people know about them. Catch-22.

I created a thread about Sorcery! :M

Delbaeth

Learned
So, will they be like those in IWD, or those in SoZ? Or something else?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom