Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

RangerBoo

Arcane
The Homeless Paradise of Washington State
My God this game looks worse then what I originally thought. This is definitely looking to be their worst game yet. So I guess a 9/10 from your average """"""""gaming journalist"""""""" and """"""""game critic"""""""".

At0mic

Literate
Rq9zqLP.gif

(oh, and hello.) :)

Taskityo

Educated
Well I easily avoided buying and playing Fallout 4. It wouldn't be hard to do the same for this *shrug* - if it really is a flop.

J1M

Arcane
On the up side, you can change FOV without an .ini hack. But there's no explicit means to disable bloom.

If you'd like to disable motion blur, pop open the console with the [`] key and type:
Code:
WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0

This will show your framerate:
Code:
Perfoverlay.DrawFPS 1

Last edited:
Femshep was never based on any real person. When Mass Effect 3 was going to be released, part of the marketing campaign involved choosing the face of Female Shepard (she wasn't even considered in previous marketing campaigns actually)

fem_shep_01.jpg

People were speculating that the one with the bangs was inspired by Bailey Jay, but that's about it.
1. So M3SS EFFECT Is the game in which they got superSJW right? Wouldn't the SJW-er move be to include the default (yet improved) female Shepard which looks 100% more professional, and not, say, a runway model cosplaying as a space soldier (also fits Hale's voice much better)?
2. Sure BJ looks are inspired by someone/thing else too.

RapineDel

Augur
https://webmshare.com/Dm0Nz

"To whom and your god damn father"

I didn't expect this game to be good but this is playing out like some sort of self mockery of the earlier games.

Plenty of review sites like PC Gamer are even ripping into it, surely the IP and potentially Bioware having creative control doesn't survive this?

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Character creation is... pathetic, can't change nose, eye or mouth shape, beard selection is pure WTF. I just want my lumberjack beard man...

RapineDel

Augur
Character creation is... pathetic, can't change nose, eye or mouth shape, beard selection is pure WTF. I just want my lumberjack beard man...

From what I've read they've gone out of there to make any white pre selection look retarded while the black/asian ones look passable as realistic. That way when people pick black/asian characters to avoid their character looking like some sort of mutant, Bioware can say people have been longing for diversity and everyone's character selection choices are proof!

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

From what I've read they've gone out of there to make any white pre selection look retarded while the black/asian ones look passable as realistic. That way when people pick black/asian characters to avoid their character looking like some sort of mutant, Bioware can say people have been longing for diversity and everyone's character selection choices are proof!
I thought you were joking. I just switched to female Ryder, half of the presets is Asian faces, the other half is black, I chose the one with slightly brown skin and no matter what I do, I just can't get white skin tone with the slider. It's fucking impossible to make a white female Ryder with any custom preset unless you pick an Asian one and somehow magically slap her face structure to look like an American or European.
If there's a way to recreate Sara with smaller eyes then I would pick that in a heartbeat.
I tried...

4rr9a
:deadtroll:

That Rydad has seen some real shit
b94xr
Love this menu though, the shape and color reminds me of ME1's menu :hug:
javoo

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
C6ttdlsU0AAcHwU.jpg

Even among Mass Effect fans, these new losers are completely overshadowed by the original trilogy's cast. I actually thought Liara was annoying in the first Mass Effect. I had no idea how bad things could get.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Second crash, might as well hit the bed.

Otherwise the game runs fairly well with everything on high on my old 770.
Review copy?

And get a new graphics card, you cheap ass. An RX480 8GB for 1080p gaming only costs 240 Eurobucks.

EDIT: He got a free test version from Origin access.

I have a hard time justifying buying a new card. Maybe Mount & Blade 2 or Kingdom Come will be that justification.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Why someone would want to watch this abomination in 1080p?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom