Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
This really is shameful, check out this Webm for some of the worst recorded voice acting in ever and it's a major NPC with fixed dialogue options it's a fucking embarrasment.

https://webmshare.com/Dm0Nz

For some reason every cunt in the space station in the clips I've watched is banging on about poetry, the writing sounds as if it was written by an adolescent lovestruck Hungarian with a poor grasp of English.
C6-bbdJWgAA6FwG.jpg

This really is shameful, check out this Webm for some of the worst recorded voice acting in ever and it's a major NPC with fixed dialogue options it's a fucking embarrasment.

https://webmshare.com/Dm0Nz

For some reason every cunt in the space station in the clips I've watched is banging on about poetry, the writing sounds as if it was written by an adolescent lovestruck Hungarian with a poor grasp of English.
Her face is tired alright. Too tired to move.
facetiredfoster.jpg

Oh and who the hell is farming our memes and posting them on 8chan?:D

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Too many more of these embedded gifs (even if processed on external URLs) and they're going to take away our buttons again. :P

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Second crash, might as well hit the bed.

Otherwise the game runs fairly well with everything on high on my old 770. You can scale back the res in the game which is nice. I use 720p for my 1920 x 1080 resolution. Not ideal, but better than nothing since I do want the shiny stuff. It goes from 60-35 fps, and I think the lack of VRAM is the main problem. Might as well lock in 30 fps if it is possible somehow. The game looks good though.

Combat is improved 10 times since Mass Effect. The jump jet adds a lot. Movement and cover system is fluid. I'm playing an engineer so I'm throwing out turrets to distract while I jump in for the kill. This "class" can also stun with overload. And if I find a shotgun stuff can get exciting :)
Writing seems okay so far, it got this Mass Effect vibe to it. It just seems odd that humanity would go through this project though. I mean we already have our own home galaxy to explore. People in the game are so damn excited for this great opportunity when there is loads of opportunities like this to be found already without having to leave everything and everyone behind. But oh well.

I haven't met too many characters so far though, but the ones I have talked to seem fine. I haven't noticed any strange animations glitches either yet, but I'm not really looking for them. Seems odd though that everyone is complaining about the introduction mission, because I usually love these starts when you are thrown into the unknown. You don't even know the guys you are fighting, just that you are stuck on this strange alien planet with them and they don't like you very much. To me at least it is a pretty good introduction and sets up a mystery. But like I have said I have not come to far yet so everything can still turn sour.

Nael

Arcane

Otherwise the game runs fairly well with everything on high on my old 770. You can scale back the res in the game which is nice. I use 720p for my 1920 x 1080 resolution. Not ideal, but better than nothing since I do want the shiny stuff. It goes from 60-35 fps, and I think the lack of VRAM is the main problem. Might as well lock in 30 fps if it is possible somehow. The game looks good though.

Combat is improved 10 times since Mass Effect. The jump jet adds a lot. Movement and cover system is fluid. I'm playing an engineer so I'm throwing out turrets to distract while I jump in for the kill. This "class" can also stun with overload. And if I find a shotgun stuff can get exciting :)
Writing seems okay so far, it got this Mass Effect vibe to it. It just seems odd that humanity would go through this project though. I mean we already have our own home galaxy to explore. People in the game are so damn excited for this great opportunity when there is loads of opportunities like this to be found already without having to leave everything and everyone behind. But oh well.

I haven't met too many characters so far though, but the ones I have talked to seem fine. I haven't noticed any strange animations glitches either yet, but I'm not really looking for them. Seems odd though that everyone is complaining about the introduction mission, because I usually love these starts when you are thrown into the unknown. You don't even know the guys you are fighting, just that you are stuck on this strange alien planet with them and they don't like you very much. To me at least it is a pretty good introduction and sets up a mystery. But like I have said I have not come to far yet so everything can still turn sour.

Y-you b-b-bought it?

raesha

Educated
Y-you b-b-bought it?
German version of Origin has a free origin access trial still going (well, it did 12 hours ago in case EA got on it), you don't need to pay a single cent if you're feeling morbidly curious and can use a vpn.

Y-you b-b-bought it?
German version of Origin has a free origin access trial still going (well, it did 12 hours ago in case EA got on it), you don't need to pay a single cent if you're feeling morbidly curious and can use a vpn.

1) It looks so shit I don't even want to play it for free. I just want to laugh at it...
2) If I did want to play it for free my computer which can easily run Witcher 3 on near high settings, despite me having a 10 year old q9300 clockwork processor wouldn't run this awful ugly mess with clip art backgrounds and barbie doll animations.
3) If it did I would never sign up to Origins anyway.
4) Even If I would I would rather feed small pieces of broken glass up my Japs eye than pretend to be a German, even on the internet, even just for a day.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

My bet is that EA cut their motion capture budget and that Bioware let go of most of the people who actually knew what they were doing animation-wise and kept the junior staff - because social justice and/or because they are cheaper to keep around.

The result: a bunch of newbies fiddling with animations by hand in Maya and hoping no one will notice.

Nael

Arcane
My bet is that EA cut their motion capture budget and that Bioware let go of most of the people who actually knew what they were doing animation-wise and kept the junior staff - because social justice and/or because they are cheaper to keep around.

The result: a bunch of newbies fiddling with animations by hand in Maya and hoping no one will notice.

I have no idea how any of it works but it sounds like you know what you're talking and I'll go with that. Although the Mass Effect games were never MASTERPIECES they were never this blatant garbage in terms of basic animation.

Also I would have clicked the Interesting button but some faggot has removed it from the list.

imweasel

Otherwise the game runs fairly well with everything on high on my old 770.
Review copy?

And get a new graphics card, you cheap ass. An RX480 8GB for 1080p gaming only costs 240 Eurobucks.

EDIT: He got a free test version from Origin access.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom