Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

Pablosdog

Prophet
...why does the krogan in that part 3 video have a jazz hands voice.

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
I thought maybe, just maybe, those gifs & screens are nitpicked rare situations so I turned on one of the gamestreams. First conversation.. holy shit, we're back to 1999 facial animations!
If they did the game using ME3 engine and animation libraries it would be lightyears better.

Mass Effect: Children of Prosper

The retardation is strong ITT.
This is from some pre-release ME3 gameplay footage:
YIeBYbH.jpg

I know shitting on Andromeda is the cool thing to do right now but let's be real. ME3 wasn't great in this department either.

Nice stillframe. Now go watch that pre-release footage, watch any Andromade footage & compare. There will be always some fuckups with animations in dialogue, especially fi there is a lot of it.. However in MEA fuckup is not a rare occurrence but a norm. ME1/2/3 does have better animations hands down.

Juggie

Augur
Nice stillframe. Now go watch that pre-release footage, watch any Andromade footage & compare. There will be always some fuckups with animations in dialogue, especially fi there is a lot of it.. However in MEA fuckup is not a rare occurrence but a norm. ME1/2/3 does have better animations hands down.

Not defending Andromeda just saying that you might want to set your expectations low after the masterpieces of previous Mass Effect games.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane

Not defending Andromeda just saying that you might want to set your expectations low after the masterpieces of previous Mass Effect games.
ME1/2/3 has nothing on Andromeda. The animations were barebones but they weren't awful, and I don't think I've ever seen anything worse than Andromeda's animations. They look like something out of a parody machinima video.

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech

I expect DA:I in space with shreks and tweenie dialogue. I think having no expectations would be higher than what I have now. What I do definately expect is for this thread to deliver.

:martini:

Parabalus

Arcane
The retardation is strong ITT.
This is from some pre-release ME3 gameplay footage:
YIeBYbH.jpg

I know shitting on Andromeda is the cool thing to do right now but let's be real. ME3 wasn't great in this department either.

q1rJAG4.jpg

I don't think stills are a good way to bash a game. Real people look retarded too when you snap them mid motion.

God knows Mass Effect has enough shit to criticize without resorting to this.

Juggie

Augur
I don't think stills are a good way to bash a game. Real people look retarded too when you snap them mid motion.

God knows Mass Effect has enough shit to criticize without resorting to this.

Fully agree here, but the animations were p. terrible in the whole video back then. I only took a screenshot though. Can't be bothered to search the internet for the original video.
Just wanted to say that pre-release footage of ME3 was also shittier than the game on launch. But it might be too late for Andromeda.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Super first impressions. The customization is a total decline. No beards, and the beards you get are textures that look like pure ass.

Starwars

Arcane
Witcher 3 does a great job with its faces and manages to avoid the uncanny valley that we see now with Andromeda. But for Bloodlines, I think they really went for it with the facial animations. It feels like acting, where they go overboard with the expressions to great effect. I think the Witcher 3 faces still feel a lot stiffer.

Freddie

Savant

That looks far more better paced than anything I have seen in SP videos. No emptying entire clips into enemies, one shot sniper kills, combos actually do something. I'm surprised, Now it will remains to be seen how grindy it's going to be.

Lol, the female characters in the multiplayer look better then anything in the singleplayer so far.
By the, Bronze is the easiest difficulty, so dont get your hopes up.

Good catch, it was Bronze indeed and many weapons already upgraded to maximum rank.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom