Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

Moink

Cipher
Fiona looks considerably more human than whatever horror they have created in this game.

The characters' ugliness notwithstanding, is the game good ?

Comes out in a week.

Modron

Arcane
Alt-Ryder's face when she says "my father's dead, he made me his successor" in the trailer:

e1ab5f11961c41eeaf3a3f8b0c16207f.png

Making a face like that when announcing your father's death, not suspicious at all. You totally didn't kill him.

They really need to work on her eyes, not only does the right one have a serious case of david bowie going on it's also larger than the left. Not to mention one of them frequently goes lazy throughout many of the trailers.

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
I thought maybe, just maybe, those gifs & screens are nitpicked rare situations so I turned on one of the gamestreams. First conversation.. holy shit, we're back to 1999 facial animations!
If they did the game using ME3 engine and animation libraries it would be lightyears better.

Mass Effect: Children of Prosper

Padzi

Arbiter
I also found a scene where Ryder throws off the crazy one.

5WKLm3z.jpg

1PaIKHC.jpg

And this is the face that hundreds of casual will want to fuck. The mere thought that they will defend this troll with their lives makes me sick. I would say that makes faces like The Joker, but that would be insulting him.

Hellion

Arcane
Just for the lolz, facial animation samples from VtM: Bloodlines, 13 god-damned years ago.

giphy.gif

tumblr_nn64rmPSAG1qcm0i5o2_500.gif

giphy.gif

Crude, but still managing to seem more "life-like" than these ME:A turds.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Just for the lolz, facial animation samples from VtM: Bloodlines, 13 god-damned years ago.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Technology notwithstanding, Bloodlines really showed how facial animations / emoting could do a lot to back up the voice acting and the writing itself.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
The humans in this game look like body snatchers wearing people suits. They walk like constipated gorillas and they emote like one of those Japanese facial robots.

The aliens are more relatable simply because of their alien faces and physiques.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The humans in this game look like body snatchers wearing people suits. They walk like constipated gorillas and they emote like one of those Japanese facial robots.

The aliens are more relatable simply because of their alien faces and physiques.

Yeah, Inquisition had the same damn problem. Half the time the character you play walk around like a hunchback or a brawler. It is a bit forgivable if you play a male warrior I guess, but try it as a female mage and you can't stop cringing at the posture your character has.

Juggie

Augur
I thought maybe, just maybe, those gifs & screens are nitpicked rare situations so I turned on one of the gamestreams. First conversation.. holy shit, we're back to 1999 facial animations!
If they did the game using ME3 engine and animation libraries it would be lightyears better.

Mass Effect: Children of Prosper

The retardation is strong ITT.
This is from some pre-release ME3 gameplay footage:
YIeBYbH.jpg

I know shitting on Andromeda is the cool thing to do right now but let's be real. ME3 wasn't great in this department either.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

crude? CRUDE? every time i have to introduce a newcomer to bloodlines and he's skeptical because of its age, i link him the "i'm the finger down your spine" monologue. it never fails.

Grimlorn

Arcane
It looks like she's crapped her pants and is quietly trying to get to a bathroom without anyone noticing walking like that. Quality animation work.
I have a theory. They either modeled some fat chick walking for their animations, and when they removed the fat, they got this animation, or they watched Anita's hip sway video and spread their legs when walking to reduce hip sway. It just looks awful. Ryder also has the same problem. In the first gameplay video they posted, I thought they were playing as a Turian at first. It looked so bad.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Crude when compared to real faces maybe. But have we seen clearly better animations since? I can't think of anything off the top of my head.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom