Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Dark Souls 3

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
as if the delay between my imput and the actions of my char were lagging
DS2 has noticeable input lag, and I played it earlier this week. I thought it was a frame rate thing at first but it was the same at higher framerates.

If you're playing with the mouse like a real person, then it's waiting to check if you're gonna double-click before starting the attack animations. You can disable this in the menu. Unfortunately there is an unfixed bug which resets this every time you restart, even though the actual option is still checked.
So every time you start the game you have to go into the menu, uncheck the option (counter-intuitive) to disable double-clicking, then re-check it. Now you can swing without delay. Or put the attacks on keyboard I guess...
Also make sure to ditch the actual double-click binds obv. (who'd do that shit, anyway).

If you're playing on controller then it's problably just the gods punishing you or something.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Controller all the way babay, I am not one of them masochistic PC gamers who feel that everything on PC should be played M&K; the game was designed for a controller and I play it with a controller
Mmm upping my Adaptability a fee notches helps a bit especially on the response on rising your shield and rolling

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Controller all the way babay, I am not one of them masochistic PC gamers who feel that everything on PC should be played M&K; the game was designed for a controller and I play it with a controller
Mmm upping my Adaptability a fee notches helps a bit especially on the response on rising your shield and rolling

The controller had other problems than m&k when I tried it, hence my opinion that it's more of a side-grade in DS3.

Designed for controller... Hm. Dunno. I think they could have changed quite a bit to make the game better overall and completely eliminate the lock-on mechanism if they'd gone with the old way of controlling these types of games: Sync camera and player-facing/attack facing (a little from above/the side to help with judging distance for attacks maybe) as it was in heretic 2, rune etc. Then keep the option to toggle/press something for the "cinematic" camera if you want it.
Less cinematic maybe, but much improved feel of control imo, regardless of whether you play on a controller or kb/m.

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Any tip for a blade of darkmoon larp playthrough ? My pure pyromancer made the game a bit redundant, and now I got to meet Yorshka, she convinced me to join their ranks.

I thought blades of darkmoon were fighter-sorcerer types but in fact they seem to be fighter-miracle men. Is this right ? Any tips ? What are my options?

Wear dancer/painting guardian/irithyll armor, some edgy looking hood. Use morne great hammer and dark miracles like scythe or dorhy's gnawing :lol:

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.

FPS, FP-action games, strategy games, and most cRPGs: KB & mouse

platformers, 3rd-person action games, and most jRPGs: Controller

Arnust

Savant
I'm having trouble... enjoying the game. I can't think of a fun build to make for NG the DLC, and I got an early NG+ and late NG+ other characters. Get frustrated easily, online is fun 1/10 the times, only found two fashion Souls combos (look below) ans can't get over my head that I HAVE to spam, no matter the build. Pls halp, I actually want to T_T

I actually played 250h in Keyboard & Mouse. It's not that bad, it even has some benefits over a controller. I discolored all the keys I used from Dark Souls SweatTM, heh.

So is poise still turned off?
There's "Hyperarmor" frames on a certain amount of moves, basically Poise is turned on for those frames. The stat per se, doesn't do shit, maybe adds an extra frame to that, dunno.

Some decent Fashion Souls sets I got together:
- "Noble": Mix of Vinhelm, Millwood, Leonhardt, Black Hand, Mercenary + Fancy small Quality weapons, like Follower Sabre and Thrusting Swords. Some magic for utility and buffing later, ala Royal. Bloom or small Shields
- "Worn Swordsman": Fallen Knight and Mercenary Helm, brutish/broken weapons
- "Mad Knight": Billed Mask + Black Knight Chest + Black greaves and gauntlets, fucked up dark weapons, like Dark Sword, Fume UGS, Spiked Mace, Mornes Hammer, Black Knight Shield

Silva

Arcane
But the controller is the way to go
Controller?

4c2c9f_5873065.jpg

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
I played through DS1 and DS2 3 times with keyboard and mouse and did fine. I've played through DS3 with controller and did fine. My own sense is that the best control method depends on your build. Any build that relies heavily on rolling is better with the controller, while shield based builds where you rarely roll and range/magic builds where rolling isn't as important as targeting are better with KB + M (and bow builds are infinitely, indisputably, easier with KB + M, but who actually does dedicated bow builds?).

Most of my DS 3 run has been a two handed dex build, so my only defense is rolling. I suspect it'd be way harder to use KB + M for my current build as it's harder to do the sort of repeated, almost rythm game-esque, rolling that's required to stay alive when you aren't using a shield. On the other hand, I've tried to use the shield with the controller, but it just seems way more awkward to me with controller as it's harder to control the camera and target enemies.

It probably all comes down to personal preferences, though. I hate the default control scheme, for example. I have the attack buttons mapped to "x" and "y" and us RT to roll, which seems way more natural to me. Maybe I'm a weirdo.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
Some people say that the first playthrough is the best and whatever but for me the second or third playthroughs where I can plan ahead for my chars and builds is when I get this fantastic feeling

Yes. I usually don't fully enjoy myself until NG++. NG is when I learn the ropes, upgrade, and do everything. It's fun, but also more stressful because I'm obsessed with not missing anything. NG+ is when I just rush through as fast as possible to finish off upgrades and get to NG++ to unlock the +2 rings. Then NG++ is when I finally start to enjoy myself fully. By that point I'm experienced enough to know what works and start trying out different builds. Plus, typically, NG++ is when bosses have the biggest jump in difficulty, so things get fun again. Beating Smough and Ornstein in NG++ is one of my favorite gaming memories ever. I also didn't play any of the DS2 DLC until NG++, so some of the bosses there were fun, although also maybe why I could never beat those dual snow challenge bosess after the snowstorm with the reindeer (forget their names).

Last edited:

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Why is it that every time I check this game out on twitch the top stream is:

"100% NAKED SPEED RUN 0 HITS UNDER 10 MINS DEPRIVED CLASS NG++++++++++ IM SO FUCKIN PRO AT THIS GAME LOLLOLLOLOLL"

Yeah I get it, you spent 10,000 hours playing this game you're fucking 1337-gamer-pro-420 I bet women cum waterfalls when they see you out in the streets.

Arnust

Savant
That'd be the plan really. Demon's and Bloodborne are stuck on Sony's mitts, but if the Switch can run DSIII I can't see why the other titles shouldn't. It's not like mainly console devs are against remasters, and nowadays those things are rainin'

Arnust

Savant
to be honest, if they do re-release DS1 for the switch, they should do the same for PC & the rest of the current gen consoles.
Of course, that's kinda of a given. Temporal exclusivity could be a thing, but no biggie.

Btw we joined exactly a year apart lol

Perkel

Arcane
New patch notes are waaay to op for my build.

I use Vordt Greathamer/Spiked Mace with heavy armor and in patch notes:

- increased defense and weight for heavy armor
- improved motion for Greathamers, decreased stamina.
- improved frost buildup on all frost weapons

Seems to op.
patchnotes (without spoilers):

• Made system updates for The Ringed City.
  • Increased frame rate for gameplay on PlayStation®4 Pro.
  • 2 New maps added to Undead Match, Dragon Ruins and Grand Roof.
  • Added function to Undead Match where, if password matching is used, players can split into teams.
  • Added function to Undead Match that allows one team of players to match with one password, and the other team to match with another password.
  • Added function where various hosts could be displayed on the bonfire warp menu.
  • Added warning text that advised player if he/she has dropped too many items in a single location on the field.
  • Fixed issue where the loading screen was displayed for longer than usual when the guest returned to his/her own world after an online multiplayer session.
  • Fixed issue in "The Painted World of Ariandel" where the opened/closed status of the door to the Cleansing Chapel did not synched properly during online multiplayer session.
  • Fixed issue where a guest could enter alone into the boss room for the Dancer of the Boreal Valley during online multiplayer session.
  • Fixed issue where the level sync feature in Undead Match did not synched consistently during online multiplayer session.
  • Fixed issue in the loading screen where guests were not alerted to an error that occurred on the host's side during online multiplayer session.
  • Fixed issue when player using the miracle Tears of Denial doesn’t get attacked during online multiplayer session.
  • Fixed issue where weapons and items sent to the box get corrupted when inventory is full.
  • Fixed icons that specify which certain items are for which gender. (ex. Chain Armor).
  • Improved attack power for Shortsword. In accordance with this fix, critical hit is decreased in order to make critical power the same as present.
  • Improved motion of normal attack for Ultra Greatswords, Great Hammers and Curved Great Swords.
  • Decreased stamina depletion when attacking using Ultra Greatswords, Great Hammers, and Greataxes.
  • Improved attack power for Curved Greatswords.
  • Decreased motion of normal attack while dashing for Katanas. Improved motion of any other normal attacks.
  • Improved motion of shield bash skill. In accordance with this fix, stamina consumption has been reduced.
  • Improved motion of Dagger's Blind Spot skill.
  • Increased rate at which Frostbite builds up when using Vordt's Great Hammer, Irithyll Straight Sword, and Friede's Great Scythe.
  • Shortened attack window of Carthus Curved Sword and Dark Sword, Gargoyle Flame Hammer and Follower Sabre.
  • Improved motion of Crescent Moon Sword's skill, Crescent Blade.
  • Improved the motion of Moonlight Greatswords’s skill, Moonlight Vortex.
  • Improved FP recovery effect of Executioner's Greatsword.
  • Fixed so that Frost Blade appears from the beginning of Pontiff Knight Curved Sword skill.
  • Improved FP decrease effect of Yorshka’s Spear skill, Pacify.
  • Improved motion and the frost effect of Pontiff Knight Great Scythe skill.
  • Improved motion of normal attack for Greatlance.
  • Fixed so that poise is applied during Greatlance two-handed attack.
  • Fixed so that poise is applied during Dark Hand skill, Lifedrain.
  • Disabled parry during Pickaxe's two-handed attack.
  • Improved duration of the Perseverance effect.
  • Fixed issue where attack power of some bolts was different from the assumed value when using Avelyn.
  • Fixed issue where one-handed attack motion of Crow Talons was the incorrectly using the animation for the Fists.
  • Fixed issue where player can apply enchantment of Bloodlust to other weapons.
  • Fixed so that poise is applied during Spin Sweep attack.
  • Fixed issue where Onislayer continued to attack consecutively.
  • Improved correction value for Sharp or Heavy weapons' upgrade.
  • Increased rate at which bleeding builds up when using a reduced bleeding build-up.
  • Decreased rate at which bleeding builds up before using a reduced bleeding build-up.
  • Increased rate at which poison builds up when using a reduced poison build-up.
  • Along with improving correction value for Sharp or Heavy weapons' upgrade, adjusted correction value for Refined or Hollowed weapons' upgrade.
  • Improved defense and also increased weights for heavy armor.
  • Improved the motion of Lightning Stake, Lightning Storm and Way of White Corona.
  • Extended time when using the miracles of Gnaw, Dorhys' Gnawing and Wrath of the Gods.
  • Fixed issue where bonus value is not affected by Dark Damage when equipping Hornet Ring during critical attack.
  • Improved attack power and decreased duration of poison and poison effects players use.
  • Decreased rate at which blood builds up when using Carthus Rouge.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
New patch notes are waaay to op for my build.

- increased defense and weight for heavy armor
- improved motion for Greathamers, decreased stamina.
- improved frost buildup on all frost weapons

Seems to op.

You mean a full year since the launch they made completely useless features like heavy armor and frost slightly less useless?

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
So whats the FotM?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom