Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Shocking Report From RPS: First Hours of Mass Effect: Andromeda Stinks

sstacks

Arcane
That dude seriously didn't like the time he spent playing it. The preview is worth reading almost for the comedy value.

Shin

Cipher
interesting to see like half the comments over there get hostile towards the writer of said article.

call me a cuck but I did play and finish mass effect 1 and while it wasn't memorable and it was a terrible rpg it wasn't a terrible game per se
dragon age origins was a shallow shadow of the baldurs gate series it was supposed to emulate but again, not a terrible game per se
then i got to mass effect 2 and it was fucking garbage, especially the writing was atrocious and i hated the whole fucking setting, the fucking shepard character and the ridiculous lack of cohesion to the plot
dragon age 2 was a fucking joke, recycling the same maps over and over, having enemies spawn visibly over and over like its a fucking moba and gutting most of the shallow rpg mechanics that the first game had

heck i downloaded inquisition to judge how low they fell, I never made it through the introduction part because the whole thing just made my fucking skin crawl. it was like a satire of a bioware game, made by bioware.

now when i read mainstream 'game media' i often see above games praised into infinity & beyond and it has me wondering if maybe im just getting older and I can't cope with "young adult fantasy" shit anymore.
And for some reason the thougth that people defend and buy this shit can drive me crazy.

on the other hand, maybe it's like with ubisoft games
I played so many of the fucking things that playing yet another ubisoft game makes me go fucking nuts, all the fucking towers and minimap icons make me throw up in my mouth nowadays
but friends of mine who have healthy hobbies and don't play games all the fucking time can play assassin's creed: brotherhood or idk ghost recon: wildlands and not lose their fucking mind about such things, I guess because it's 'new' to them...
I guess it might be the same with kids who never played any old Bioware games and are really invested in it for the progressive message and bestiality/lgbt buttsex and idk wtf.

sorry for ranting ill go now

Shadenuat

Arcane
I think now most people probably wish Bioware sticked to tried and true formula of theirs. Was some bitching about KOTOR1 small linear levels just recently; well, DA:I and this is what happens when they get to do open world games. Huge spaces with trash enemies and trashy fetch quests. At least small spaces won't take more of your time.

Although I liked exploring some of ME1 planets just because of the visuals (that desert with blue sun or somethin was memorable).

It's terrible how DA:I all looks and that first aliens you meet end up as fodder, and planet as a shooting range. But I guess me expecting anything StarTreky was wrong. Bioware just can't do anything unique.

Last edited:

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
[...] I’m at a loss. What I expect from BioWare is slightly dodgy combat, but splendid writing and characters.

The writer is clearly an absolute retard, barely capable of breathing on his own so I'm not sure how much I value his opinion.

>>Splendid writing
>>Bioware
Hahahaohwow.jpg

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I cannot tell if the article is ironic or not, considering John Walker is the last person you would expect to call Bioware's writing shit.

Envoyé de mon SM-T560 en utilisant Tapatalk

Black

Arcane
I think now most people probably wish Bioware sticked to tried and true formula of theirs. Was some bitching about KOTOR1 small linear levels just recently; well, DA:I and this is what happens when they get to do open world games. Huge spaces with trash enemies and trashy fetch quests. At least small spaces won't take more of your time.

Although I liked exploring some of ME1 planets just because of the visuals (that desert with blue sun or somethin was memorable).

It's terrible how DA:I all looks and that first aliens you meet end up as fodder, and planet as a shooting range. But I guess me expecting anything StarTreky was wrong. Bioware just can't do anything unique.
Naw, dying a thousand deaths won't be enough for rtwp.

Tigranes

Arcane

Naw, intelligent people stopped playing Bioware games long before this supposed switch

Deleted member 7219

Wasn't John Walker the guy who screwed over Fallout New Vegas? I don't take his views on video games seriously.

Mass Effect: Andromeda will probably be awful, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeepOcean

Arcane
07mea.jpg

:lol:

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Generic Grumpy Space Captain Lady is there, right up front. With a deft hand she begins by correcting your grammar from “who” to “whom”, and then in the same conversation says “less” when she means “fewer”.

Proof that prescriptivists are evil hypocrites; we need an RPG with a descriptivist character who kills prescriptivist idiots.

I also feel like there's a reasonably good chance that the who/whom correction in the game is wrong, since getting the usage right is not really so easy. But it just struck me as a funny issue.

Solution; use 'who' all the time and talk like a real person, not a pompous prescriptivist prick.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom