Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Review RPG Codex Review: Torment: Tides of Numenera

Lhynn

Arcane
Butthurt shillmejunta giving shit to fargo over his scam, after praising sawyer over his, hell hath no fury like a woman pussy scorned indeed.

commie what a strange hill to die on youve picked, a banal shit boring game where nothing happens that is demonstrably an actual scam.

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
Why the fuck is everybody complaining about the combat? What exactly are the complaints here? The combat system is interesting and implemented pretty nicely.
For example,
the fucking encounter beyond the Endless Gate with those fanatics and huge jaws sucking you in and chomping down had me sweating all throughout
It's definitely better than the boring slugfest in PoE, in fact I find it funny how real-time combat can be less fun and engaging that turn-based combat.
If there's anything to really complain about, it's the strong lack of reactivity/content/quests and freedom of movement (world map). I didn't really feel much immersion, more like a rollercoaster ride.
It's not a "scam". Read the definition of "scam" you idiots. It's a game that underdelivered, that much I can agree with. This is why I hope for a good expansion or a sequel, to do a Baldur's Gate 2 and actually fill this world with lots of content to explore and play around in.

Last edited:

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
The Codex's NPC gets a little shout out in the AV Club's review/Let's Play of TTON: "[Hurry through the Valley of Dead Heroes] and you’ll miss a trove of riches, like a three-faced man looking for a fourth mind to join his collective existence..." This review is of the highest caliber because it also mentions Inifere and his Mere ("a long, thrilling duel of words, one made all the more exciting because of the potential for failure"!). In some respects, the overall take is not that different from the Codex's, just overall more positive.

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
The Codex's NPC gets a little shout out in the AV Club's review/Let's Play of TTON: "[Hurry through the Valley of Dead Heroes] and you’ll miss a trove of riches, like a three-faced man looking for a fourth mind to join his collective existence..." This review is of the highest caliber because it also mentions Inifere and his Mere ("a long, thrilling duel of words, one made all the more exciting because of the potential for failure"!). In some respects, the overall take is not that different from the Codex's, just overall more positive.
I knew the mask you give to him is obviously the Codex emote (whatever the proper name is), but I didn't get how the character itself is supposed to be reminiscent of it. The three-faced (tripolar?) nature of it? I guess I just can't into Codex memes.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The Codex created him as a reference to blobber RPGs.

And by "the Codex" you mean "Infinitron". +M

I also told them to put a Bard's Tale IV shoutout in there (this was before they announced they were going to make a Bard's Tale IV) but I don't know if they did.

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Where expecting basics is considered perfectionism

I also told them to put a Bard's Tale IV shoutout in there (this was before they announced they were going to make a Bard's Tale IV) but I don't know if they did.

Did you write the description text for Mask of Prosper as well?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Did you write the description text for Mask of Prosper as well?

I asked Admiral Jimbob to write that, and then DU edited it down a bit. It's likely of course that inXile changed it further.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
Why the fuck is everybody complaining about the combat? What exactly are the complaints here? The combat system is interesting and implemented pretty nicely.
Look even he is laughing at you!
200.gif

Last edited:

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Wait, so sea now says it's all fine that they sell (horse)armor DLC because... backers will surely get it soon(TM)? Not that it's 2 weeks after the release and most of the people interested already played the fucking game. Seriously, I liked it more when there was no comment about that whatsoever.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It's also a day 1 DLC, so there's no way to excuse this by saying that the artists didn't have anything to work on after release so we just made them churn out some additional stuff for the game.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
Vhailor: When the injustice is great enough, Justice will lend me the strength needed to correct it. None may stand against it. It will shatter every barrier, sunder any shield, tear through any enchantment and lend its servant the power to pass sentence. Know this: there is nothing on all the Planes that can stay the hand of justice when it is brought against them. It may unmake armies. It may sunder the thrones of gods. Know that for ALL who betray Justice, I am their fate... and fate carries an Executioner's Axe.
The Nameless One: I see.
Vhailor: No, you do NOT see. Pray you NEVER will.

Who wrote Vhailor? The concept, the idea, the dialogue, the looks... He's perhaps my favourite all time companion (after Kreia).

Weasel
Wait, so sea now says it's all fine that they sell (horse)armor DLC because... backers will surely get it soon(TM)? Not that it's 2 weeks after the release and most of the people interested already played the fucking game. Seriously, I liked it more when there was no comment about that whatsoever.

The funny thing is the Torment KS video started off with Fargo mocking publishers and 'red boots' DLC. What a surprise to see where we've ended up.

But hey, perhaps synthsteel armour counts as "good-sized" DLC, not nickel-and-dime stuff:

c4zQNVY.png

t

Arcane
Patron
Well we're not talking about big expansions-sized DLCs. We're talking about day-fucking-1 cash-grabing armor DLC in a, for fucks sake, text adventure game. This is what we're talking about BN, this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom