Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Why isn't it possible to read FFG's diary?

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Where expecting basics is considered perfectionism
I know, a lady must have her secrets, but every secret can be revealed.
What was the reason that we couldn't read her diary? Was it a cut content? Or devs just put it in her inventory only for lulz?
What could possibly be written in her diary? Did she KNOW TNO?
image.png

Last edited:

RationalLunatic

Literate

I've always thought so. If not directly, by following one of TNO's previous incarnation, then indirectly by stories of the nameless one that constantly escapes Blood War (being tanar'ri she can know a thing or two about it).
Plus, she has a crush on you. I guess she would prefer to tell you by herself. Like she kinda does at the end of the game (if taken to the Fortress). By reading Grace's diary you would spoil the mystery.

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Because it's private.

But yeah, I don't think it was ever intended to be readable, it's just there to tease the player.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Grace has faith in experience an sensation broadenin her view o herself an multiverse, shes a living embodiment o "Endure, in enduring grow strong" cept she takes notes on way. Way I see it her diary is almost the same as another Clerics holy symbol, cos it reflects her faith. An MCA left quite a few unanswered questions in Torment, which if you ask me is one o signs on a good game, when you come out on it eager to know more even when satisfied by protags denouement.

Cosmo

Arcane
Project: Eternity
but every secret can be revealed.

Of course not.
If you had any sense whatsoever, you'd have understood this diary fulfils the exact same function to the player as the brothel of slating intellectual lusts does for its patrons.

Last edited:

existential_vacuum

.PNG Police
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
I know, a lady must have her secrets, but every secret can be revealed.
What was the reason that we couldn't read her diary? Was it a cut content? Or devs just put it in her inventory only for lulz?
sada.jpg

You've got a bad case of blurry pixels there.
image.png

Last edited:

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Is it white eyes with black irises? Or black eyes with white irises? Please say the former.

AlpineMarv

Literate
The same reason the nameless one's true name is never given. Any answer would be mundane and is better left as mystery for the player's imagination.

Cosmo

Arcane
Project: Eternity
The same reason the nameless one's true name is never given. Any answer would be mundane and is better left as mystery for the player's imagination.

Plus serves as a bit of characterization that brilliantly extends to the relashionship the player has with the character, all the while illustrating said character's concept.
Inordinately clever.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom