Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mismatched face / body in Fallout 4

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
So I ran into the famous mismatched face / body issue in FO4. I've tried the tricks that used to work in F3/NV/Skyrim for it but nothing.

I installed this mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9811/? for Piper. If I uninstall the mod, she gets her old face back and the problem goes away. However, the modded Piper is so much easier for the eyes that I'd really like to fix this problem. Googling didn't give any FO4 results, everyone seems to only have this issue with the older games.

I've tried re-installing the mod, loading an earlier save before loading current save, traveling from cell to cell to force the game to reload it, even using console to edit her appearance - nothing worked.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Back when I was still delusional enough to have been playing this piece of shit, I'd get face corruption from time-to-time. Sometimes on NPC's, sometimes my own. There was no rhyme or reason to it, and I had to (often multiple times) perform a quickload for it to go away.

Not sure if that helps at all but tbh I have no sympathy for you.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
What's with the lighting in Fallout: 4? It looks so bad and cartoonish. Weirdly enough, Skyrim holds up a lot better than Fallout: 4. Fallout: 4 does look better than New Vegas and 3, though.

Maybe the face corruption thing is actually an intended defense mechanism against Oblivion style custom faces. Remembers Oblivion custom faces and shivers.

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
However, the modded Piper is so much easier for the eyes that I'd really like to fix this problem

You'd still have to put up with the awful dialogue though. You'd be better off getting a companion that didn't talk at all.

6438d9f95e.png

Go, Captain Sally!

There. Now just ignore quests entirely and install some more mods, and you might be getting close to almost squeezing out some sort of fun.

Product received for free

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
I use CBBE and Bodyslide. Since you can create custom presets and batch morph outfits, it's possible to create one body shape for the protagonist, a different one for Piper (for example), another one for female raiders, yet another for female citizens, and so on.

I'll have to put some screenshots here to illustrate.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom