Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

Rev

Arcane
Agree, it really pisses me off that the EU is seen like a federation of states by Americans. There is no such thing as European citizenship...
It's just Canadians being butthurt that everyone see them as second-rate Americans.

The reasoning of Bioware fans is surreal...

• Only 6 companions = its quality over quantity, i never liked other characters in ME series anyways;
  • No paragon renegade = now its like Game of Thrones, or real life, shades of grey everywhere, game is basically greyscaled now;
  • Remove ability to change companion armors and equipment = i never changed anything in DA and ME anyways, companions are now more iconic 100% of the time, ill buy the companion armor DLC anyways, to support indie developer Bioware;
  • Remove ability to give companion commands = i never ordered them to do anything anyhow, Bioware programmed Skynet AI anyways, i heard we can only play single player campaign offline, so the AI doesn't escape unto the interweb
  • Silly animations = its now more real, look at how real Ryder runs, i bet they used Andy Serkis, good damn those apes looked real.
  • Ugly character faces / hair = They aren't ugly, they are diverse like real life, i wonder how their sweat tastes like.

I just read a comment on one of the trailers that said the facial animations are so fucked because they are lovingly handcrafted from scratch, not like Witcher 3 which cheats by using Mo Cap and a set main character, besides Witcher facial animations are just as bad as this :D

Biodrones will defend anything, I can't be upset by them because they are just wasting their own time and money and being milked by the company. And both the drones and bioware produce so much hilarity for us all that it's hard to be upset.

The presentation video was a hoot, apart from the guy being terrible at the game, the gonks in the crowd were laughing at the writing which was kids tier shit humor and all this in the middle of a supposedly tense rescue mission, no fucking idea of tone whatsoever. Also it took them all of three minutes in to say that you could travel to different parts of the galaxy with your ship, to show different planetary backdrops out of your bedroom window to have alien buttsex in front of.:D

Personally from what I've seen the animations look like the least of this games troubles, the writing is shocking and reads like tumblr fan fiction, when you combine this with the terrible animation and voice acting you get dipshit dogshit stew.

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
w6jeUUR.png

The guy on the left is supposed to wield a weapon :lol:

f29e441492.png

RangerBoo

Arcane
The Homeless Paradise of Washington State
Agree, it really pisses me off that the EU is seen like a federation of states by Americans. There is no such thing as European citizenship...
It's just Canadians being butthurt that everyone see them as second-rate Americans.
That's because they are. Especially with that dipshit boy prince of a prime minster they have.
:troll:

Like it or not she is a star for her Game of Thrones gig and the name recognition is all you need. She still looks weird always talking out of one side of the mouth.

That's not a star a star is someone like Patrick Stewart and Sean Bean who they had in Oblivion or Charles Dance in Witcher and they are all defined with distinct voices. Natalie Dormer is just a nothing with a nothing voice, do you really think they'll shift even ten more copy due to her "Star" power.

If you are going to cast an actor at least get someone good that adds something to the game like James Woods in GTA4 or big Ron in Fallout.

Also combining the worst parts of Mass Effect 1 and 2 in driving round the Mako aimlessly and planet mining
I still don't get the people on this very forum who loved the mako "exploration" in ME1. They usually wax positive about how they'd just drive around aimlessly in that lame, broken-physics-using, 6-wheeled trashcan.

smh

The idea of it was good the only problem was there was fuck all to do apart from drive around boring barren planets most of the time looking for debris and shipping crate space bases, on a couple of story missions it was quite entertaining but then the Mako was forced down corridors.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Mwahahahahaha. No. Stop shitposting. You obviously don't know shit about what you're writing about.
The amount of cases Portugal has against it in the European human rights courta is absurd... Also it has a shit ton of cases against it due to double tributation. Do you think they care? Nope, things continue as they have for countless years without any fucks given.

You give too much credit to those child fuckers in Brussels.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Until the next case, and the process repeats itself all over again. There's no establishment of precedent in the country and no changing of laws, only when massive fines are threatened and even then in the last possible moment.

J1M

Arcane
We can't change armors and weapons of our squad? Wtf? Inqusition made a huge incline in this point, diffrent armor were looking diffrent on each companion plus there were more than one model. Now wre can't even change their appearance? Who thought this is good idea? And why would I look for weapon schematics and build it only main character can use it?
Those art assets only exist because they thought they were making an MMO.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom