Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

typical user

Arbiter
This guy obviously got trolled on Twitter or was that idiot 100% serious on the matter?

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
Sadly, the SJWs are seriously as retarded as you see in those posts. I kind of admire Vavras patience when dealing with that piece of shit.

Starwars

Arcane
Has there been any actual news on this lately? We know that it's a graphics-whore game, we've known that since the beginning, it'd be nice to get something like, oh... a release date perhaps? Failing that, more regarding actual gameplay maybe.

Xzar

Augur
I expect mainstream people's most often asked question will be "how much is this worse than W3, too much or not too much?".

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Has there been any actual news on this lately? We know that it's a graphics-whore game, we've known that since the beginning, it'd be nice to get something like, oh... a release date perhaps? Failing that, more regarding actual gameplay maybe.

You can see pretty clear outlines of the actual gameplay from the beta demo (more like advanced tech alpha). Quest heavy, story heavy, C&C superheavy. Some minigames, realistic combat (ponderous and fiddly for most, no doubt) but you can play a thief or a diplomat instead. Romping around a drop dead gorgeous countryside. Chardev system a distant relative to Elder Scrolls. Still no idea if all this is actually gonna be fun to play. My guess - it's gonna be a massive AA+ game for niche audience. If mass-market demanded uber-realistic games then developers would supply them in spades. Will be excited to be proven wrong.

Release summer 2017.

passerby

Arcane
Looks dark and low contrast to me.

While old shots were a bit too bright, I liked them more overall.

Old shots for reference:

game_2015_07_04_23_067fjhq.png

game_2015_07_04_23_0193ku4.png

Last edited:

agris

Arcane
Patron
i demand to know what the resolution of carpets hung on walls will be. 4k UHQD with 39 LOD levels and r^9 mip maps pls

Paul_cz

Arcane
It's funny, I expected Mass Effect Andromeda to sweep all the GOTY awards and get all the mainstream attention and megabuck sales this year, but that was a total bust.

Now I am curious how KCD will fare. It is the next (and only?) AAA singleplayer western RPG coming this year. Or am I missing any?

Oh right, Vampyr. Hopefully both will be great.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
KCD will be too small and too European for the big Kwan outlets to even register, let alone make it GOTY. Afaik Elex and D:OS2 are coming out too, both of which are pretty much the same story (also Elex will be 95% shit).

I guess for once most GOTYs are gonna go to action shit like Destiny 2, Red Dead Redemption 2, Last of Us 2, HZD - these are the biggest blockbusters I can think of.

Quillon

Arcane
Are we sure KCD will release this year finally?

Oh right, Vampyr. Hopefully both will be great.

I'm openly wishing that game would suck. I hate Life is Strange with a passion like I hate telltale games so fuck their developers.

Tigranes

Arcane
Those look brilliant. A continent apart from the movie-world of TW3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom